$15 an hour
Full Job Description
The Sofidel Group is one of the leading manufacturers of paper for hygienic and domestic use worldwide. Established in 1966, the Group has subsidiaries in 13 countries – Italy, Spain, the UK, France, Belgium, Germany, Sweden, Poland, Hungary, Greece, Romania, Turkey, and the USA – with more than 6,000 employees,
The North American Headquarters for Sofidel America is in Fort Washington, Pennsylvania with additional plants operating in six states (Florida, Wisconsin, Nevada, Oklahoma, Ohio, and Mississippi) as a tissue paper manufacturer for Consumer and Away-from-Home products.
We are currently looking for Packaging Operators for our Las Vegas, NV facility.
1. Ensure to adhere to health & safety and company policies at all times.
2. Follow all safety and environmental procedures and correctly utilize all safety PPE as required.
3. Never bypass or disconnect any safety device on the equipment to gain access or to run equipment while in operation.
4. React immediately to unsafe conditions and provide communication to management as necessary.
5. Participate in accident investigations as required.
6. Support Sofidel America’s Good Manufacturing Practices and HACCP to promote a safe, sanitary, and hygienically sound workplace.
7. Understand and apply customer specifications to the operation of the machine to assure finished goods comply with customer requirements.
8. Perform regular audits of equipment to ensure that the equipment is safe to operate including guards and safety systems.
9. All quality checks must be performed to publish quality standards with honesty and integrity.
10. Inform the shift supervisor as well as appropriate management of the non-conforming product.
11. Ensure the operating area and equipment are kept in a clean manner to minimize the risk of containments.
12. Run the machinery at maximum efficiency.
13. Ensure to set up all the equipment in the best way due to achieve the best performance.
14. Maintain the machinery in good condition, undertaking regular housekeeping.
15. Inspect and evaluate equipment conditions regularly.
16. Perform basic maintenance functions, write work orders for items not able to be corrected.
17. Plan and perform change-over functions and set up of equipment as necessary
18. Eliminate all waste on raw materials and production activities.
19. Collaborate with the maintenance department in order to solve and prevent technical issues.
20. Collaborate with the quality department for the application of quality management systems.
21. Record productivity, the quality date on a shift basis with honesty and integrity
22. Perform work functions as a team to share the workload and maximize efficiency and productivity.
23. Guarantee the implementation and maintain a system of good practices, identifying the opportunity for continuous improvement.
24. Assist and advise management in specific training requirements.
25. Perform functions utilizing LEAN manufacturing techniques to minimize waste and optimize production.
26. Maintain a neat and clean work area at all times.
27. Ensure all spills are cleaned up immediately and reported as necessary.
28. Keep aisles, stairways, and walkways free of obstacles and debris.
29. Assure tools are maintained in good working order and in proper storage locations, no tools are to be left on equipment.
30. Items are not to be affixed to any equipment without prior approval of management.
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE:
1. Perform or assist with any operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements. Notify the supervisor of unusual equipment or operating problems and the need for additional material and supplies.
2. Maintain a safe work area and comply with safety procedures and equipment operating rules keeping the work area in a clean and orderly condition.
3. Participate in any variety of meetings and workgroups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems, and maintain a specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, policies, and regulatory guidelines.
4. Perform other related duties as assigned.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Employees will use computers and peripherals, standard and customized software applications and tools, and usual office equipment.
MUST BE FLEXIBLE — ROTATING SHIFTS
Education/Experience: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED).
Prior experience preferred, but not necessarily required in unique circumstances.
Possess basic computer skills.
- Competitive Salary
- Company Paid Medical Benefits
- PTO & Vacation
- Career Advancement
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
Sofidel America is an equal opportunity employer.
Sofidel America is committed to the spirit and letter of all federal, state, and local laws and regulations pertaining to equal opportunity. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, employment decisions at the company will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. The company does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or other protected status. This policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, as well as the use of all Sofidel America facilities.
Please be advised that there has been increased activity of identity theft and internet scams by means of fake employment offers. It is Sofidel America’s policy to not request any personal information and/or banking information until the end of the hiring process. Only a member of the Sofidel America Human Resources team is authorized to send new hire paperwork following the acceptance of an official employment offer. Sofidel America strongly advises all candidates to not share any personal information without verifying the authenticity of the request.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 per hour