এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Manager – Child Protection (CP)
Job description: Job Context
- Samaj Kallayan O Unnayan Shangstha (SKUS) envisions a peaceful, prosperous, and poverty-free society that ensures everyone`s basic needs and rights. SKUS has since the 2017 Rohingya refugee influx worked in Cox`s Bazar district with children adolescents, women, and men. Based on children`s, adolescents`, women`s, and human rights. SKUS has established quality learning and protection centers with support from different international donors, including UN agencies.
- SKUS is implementing the “Safeguarding women`s and children`s rights in the Rohingya refugee crisis in Ukhiya sub-district in Bangladesh” project with the support of KNH-Germany. The project aims to improve particularly, women, children, and adolescents of Rohingya refugees in the camps and among the inhabitants of the host community`s well-being. The project also has aimed to secure their livelihoods and improve their ability to organize themselves.
- SKUS is looking for a suitable candidate for the immediate appointment of Manager CP for the project as mentioned above, supported by KNH-Germany and BMZ. The Manager CP position is responsible for leading the field level activities of the Child Protection component of a project implementing in Rohingya refugee camp and in the host community in Ukhiya of Cox`s Bazar district maintaining close collaboration with respective Project staffs through planning, implementing, and managing the delivery as per the project`s requirement. He/She will also closely work with other component team members of the project, other project teams, relevant government officials, private sector, non-government, and civil society organizations.
- Contract Duration: The initial start-up project is until March 2021 and funds are secured for continuation
- Responsible to oversee the field-level activities of child protection team members at the field level.
- Represent the project in any relevant field-based thematic meetings with stakeholders and otherwise as needed and also responsible for ensuring that the work of the team is compliant with donors reporting and accountability policy and procedures.
- Maintain CP standards and all through the project
- Uphold the humanitarian code of conduct and adhere to and promote humanitarian guiding principles.
- Responsible to develop/strengthen relationships with agencies, governance structures at the field level in close cooperation with the other team member.
- Work with team members to create different periodical work-plans and prioritization of tasks.
- Ensure targets are met under the approved work plans.
- Ensure proper documentation and secure storage of any protection data collected (hard and soft copies).
- Provide technical and programmatic leadership to the Child Protection Team in the field on a day to day basis.
- Support team members to implement the field level activities in line with the project’s define procedure and guidelines to ensure the compliances of both donor and the sector as well.
- Foster and maintain excellent working relationships with all stakeholders, and participate in daily coordination with humanitarian and all other local and international actors.
- Respect confidentiality regarding the context of protection services in a humanitarian setting.
- Collaborate with other components of the project
- Comply with and respect to SKUS’s child protection, code of conduct, gender & equality, humanitarian responsiveness, and other relevant policies.
- Perform other official tasks, as and when required, for the greater interest of the project/organization.
- Follow and maintain the disciplines properly as mentioned in the HR Policies & Procedures of SKUS.
- Work in the true spirit of teamwork and preserve personal integrity and respecting the organizational hierarchy of accountability.
- Work at office
- Master of Social Science (MSS)
- Masters Degree in any other relevant subject with 3 years’ relevant experience in child protection project management
- Skills Required: Communication, Facilitation, Motivational skill, Project Management
- At least 5 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
Monitoring and Reporting, Project Cycle Management * The applicants should have experience in the following business area(s):
NGO, Development Agency
- Age at most 45 years
- Both males and females are allowed to apply
- Knowledge of MHPSS, Peace Building, Governance considered an advantage
- Fair knowledge on Rohingya Refugee context including protection more specifically in the area of Child Protection intervention in emergency/humanitarian situation and foster and maintain excellent working relationships with all stakeholders, and participate in daily coordination with humanitarian and all other local and international actors.
- Sound knowledge on using different software related to data entry, analysis, report writing, and preparing presentations, etc.
- Willingness to visit field activities frequently
- Having a valid motorcycle driving license considered an advantage
- Ability to work hard, work under pressure in humanitarian response context, positive and can-do attitude, and ability to understand the local language.
- Knowledge Child Rights and Child Protection, Related Law and Policy, Advocacy, Community Mobilization,
- Person with disability are encouraged to apply
Cox’s Bazar, Cox’s Bazar (Ukhia)
- Tk. 70000 – 80000 (Monthly)
- Negotiable based on qualification and experience
Compensation & Other Benefits
- As per project
Location: Cox’s Bazar, Chittagong – Ukhia, Chittagong
Job date: Wed, 09 Dec 2020 07:01:47 GMT
Apply for the job now!