চট্রগ্রামের চাকরির খবর
Job title: Manager – Transport
Job description: Job Context
For more than 50 Years, Shafi Motors Limited (SML) remains as the largest road transport company in Bangladesh with fully equipped Inland Container Depot (ICD) and Container Freight Station (CFS). Currently serving as one of the largest 3PL service providers in Bangladesh, SML heavily depends on its professional workforce for its organic growth.
- Ensure 24/7 Transport services towards 100% Export/Import related Off-dock operations of the Company.
- Maintain liaison and coordination with Government Agencies, Chittagong port, Customs, BRTA, and other parties in relation to smooth operations of Transport departments.
- Maintain liaison and coordination with Local Police, Industrial Police, Union Contact and other parties in relation to smooth operations of Transport departments.
- Allocating and recording resources and movements on the transport planning system.
- Arranging repairs and routine maintenance of vehicles with maintenance department.
- Coordinate with foreman, driver and cleaner for smooth maintenance and movement.
- Coordinate and prepare movement and trip plan with operation department.
- Communicating effectively with clients and responding to their requirements.
- Directing all transportation activities & developing transportation relationships.
- Collaborating with staff members to formulate and implement transportation-related procedures as well as company revenue goals and customer service objectives.
- Recruiting drivers, assistants, and other relevant staff.
- Testing vehicles both before and after repair.
- Ensuring compliances.
- Keep records/history of Drivers and Accidents Reports.
- Promoting safe work activities by conducting safety audits, and attending company safety meetings.
- Maintaining and completing accurate records.
- Conduct regular safety audits on equipment.
- Organize training sessions for employees (e.g. proper use of machines and handling of hazardous material).
- Follow and perform the petrol/diesel/lubricant filling mechanism approved by the Management.
- Train employees and Drivers to meet operations requirement as well as technological advancement.
- Manage Work Schedule/Duty Chart/log book for all Drivers/Operators/Assistants/Cleaners.
- Implementing Transport policy approved by the Management.
- Keep all existing license/Certificates up to date and also obtain new licenses when required.
- Ensure proper inventory of all components of vehicles are maintained and checked frequently.
- Propose improvements in the existing transport system.
- Submit regular and comprehensive monthly report in relation with transport trip, Driver/cleaner performance, inclusion of any new vehicle, license/Certificates registration, safety & security of the plant etc.
- Monitor and Manage Vehicle Tracking Systems (VTS) and Inventory Management Systems.
- B.Sc. or Diploma in Automobile Engineering (NB: Educational qualification will be relaxed for highly experienced candidates).
- At least 10 year(s)
- Age 45 to 55 years
- A professional with more than 10 years of relevant experience (MUST).
- Ability to work well with team members and navigate stressful situations.
- Experience working with union contracts and transportation-related government regulations.
- Applicant MUST have experience in managing Transport/Logistic Maintenance Department in any prominent Local or Multinational Company.
- Advanced knowledge on operating computer.
- Only complete application with cover letter will be considered.
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.
Job date: Fri, 02 Apr 2021 04:32:34 GMT
Apply for the job now!