$67,602 – $95,000 a year
Full Job Description
Join Boxabl. The most exciting technology start-up in the United States. Do you wish you could have been on the ground floor of Tesla, Google, and the rest? Well, this is your once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to do just that because, at Boxabl, EVERY staff member is an owner.
If you’re brilliant, motivated, and want to work countless hours with an insanely talented team in an exciting environment, apply today, and if you’re fortunate enough to get an interview, come prepared.
Our massive Factory-1 and stunning headquarters is located in Fabulous Las Vegas, Nevada, where lifestyle facilities are endless, the living is affordable, and there are no state taxes.
Live a meaningful professional life, Join Boxabl and change the world!
Boxabl is the shelter solution for tomorrow’s world. Boxabl’s first solution, the Casita, is solving a use case with the United States Government and for homeowners searching for quality auxiliary dwelling units (ADU). Boxabl’s growth trajectory requires individuals that can adapt, adjust, and deliver results and be part of an exciting culture changing the world for the better. We are currently looking for a knowledgeable, results-driven Manufacturing Engineer to join the team.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Evaluate manufacturing processes and implement lean manufacturing practices.
- Create standard operating procedures are all defined process steps. (Work Instructions)
- Establish “visual factory”.
- Establish a 5S methodology within the factory.
- Analyze production processes, schedules, methods, and other data and then provide management with reports containing the data and statistics to enable management to better understand future requirements needed for the manufacturing process.
- Review and calculate labor, material, and other production costs along with reviewing schedules and future production requirements to assist management in decision making.
- Analyze and plan workflow, equipment placement and space requirements to improve manufacturing efficiency.
- Coordinate equipment maintenance and repair services and make sure that manufacturer’s procedures and instructions are followed to keep production equipment operational.
- Evaluate quality control processes and make recommendations for improvements in quality control.
- Ensure that the company’s manufacturing processes follow all government laws and regulations.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have knowledge of creating detailed work instructions.
- 6 Sigma familiarity (Green Belt a plus)
- Strong background in Lean methodologies and experience in implementing improvements in an assembly environment.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Background in CNC machining, material handling systems, and industrial production equipment preferred.
- Basic knowledge of power tools and building construction a plus.
- Dynamic, self-starter team player with excellent communication skills.
EXPERIENCE: 5+ Years in a Manufacturing Engineer or related role.
QUALIFICATIONS: Proficient in Microsoft office products including Excel, Word, Outlook. NetSuite experience highly preferred. SolidWorks and AutoCAD experience preferred.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree required or 5+ years of related work experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Active up to 8 hours per day, must be able to lift 40-50 lbs. occasionally. This includes walking, bending, stooping, operating machinery, and repetitive tasks. These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Warehouse setting. PPE Required. Loud atmosphere. Work may require some weekend and evening work.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $67,602.00 – $95,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Las Vegas, NV 89115 (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Manufacturing: 3 years (Preferred)
- NetSuite: 2 years (Preferred)
- One location
Company’s Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
Work Location: One location