এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: MEAL (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning) Officer
Job description: Job Context
- HI has been working in Bangladesh since 1997, with a focus on creating sustainable changes in terms of ensuring the rights and inclusion of people with disabilities in society. HI is an independent and impartial aid organization working in situations of poverty, exclusion, conflict, and disaster throughout Bangladesh. With projects in different districts of the country, HI works not only with people with disabilities and other vulnerable populations, but also with their families, their communities, and local humanitarian actors in order to respond to their essential needs, improve their living conditions, promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights, and provide sustainability in its action. As one of the key organizations in the disability sector, HI has a wide range of projects which assist to promote the inclusion of persons with disabilities and their issues in emergency and development contexts, build capacities of local stakeholders, and reduce the impact of natural and human-made disasters. Particularly in Cox`s Bazar district, HI is providing services in rehabilitation, MH/PSS, SRH, protection and inclusive education with an inclusion mainstreaming approach to refugees and host population affected by the forcibly displaced undocumented Myanmar nationals. HI`s multi-sectoral mobile units (MU) and static approach are currently working in 15 camps located in both Teknaf and Ukhiya Upazilas and surrounding host areas providing comprehensive services in physical rehabilitation, primary health care, protection, and MH/PSS.
- HI is currently implementing development and humanitarian response project in Kurigram, Sitakindu, and Cox`s Bazar district through 4 project offices (Kurigram, Sitakundu, Ukhiya, and Teknaf) and 2 coordination offices( Dhaka and Cox Bazar).
- Operational Thematic: Livelihood, Health and Rehabilitation, Protection, Inclusion, Education and Atlas Logistic
- Number of staffs: Around 283 National staffs and 9 international staffs
- HI is currently looking for a MEAL Officer under the MEAL Department. The MEAL Officer will participate in and ensure the quality of the project and monitoring data at all stages of data management (tool design, survey coding, collection, entry, cleaning, sharing, archiving, reporting writing, and dissemination of findings) to ensure and facilitate effective decision making and reporting. The MEAL officer will act as a MEAL focal point for assigned project(s) but should be flexible to support all HI projects as needed.
- Job Location: Teknaf, Cox`s Bazar
- Line Manager: Country MEAL Manager
- Type of Contract: Fixed-term
- Duration of the Contract: From as early as possible to 31 July 2022 with the possibility of an extension
- Objective 1: Data Management & Monitoring and Evaluation
- M&E tool and methodology design: Work with the MEAL Manager and Senior MEAL Officer to de-sign research methodologies & tools that will be used in the field.
- Survey /mobile data collection tool development: Coding of various survey forms into Xls forms for mobile data collection (on the job training provided)
- Management of data collection: Concerning the project for which the MEAL officer is a focal point, they will be responsible for managing the data collection process in close coordination with the Senior MEAL officer (this includes organizing car movement, community workers, preparation of mobile phones, etc.). Participate in the direct collection or manage the collection of quantitative and qualitative monitoring data as needed (conducting surveys, focus group discussions, key informant interviews, observational monitoring, etc.).
- Data cleaning: Following collection, ensure that project data is complete and accurate (provide support as needed) – includes data cleaning and data collection quality checks as needed. This represents the primary responsibility of the MEAL assistant position. As part of the data quality and monitoring process, the MEAL officers need to closely work with program teams to follow up on data collection errors and ensure that mistakes are resolved.
- Data entry: Enter project and monitoring data in database tools
- Data analysis & reporting: Perform simple analysis of monitoring and evaluation data to feed routine reporting to donors, sectors, and local bodies and for internal HI purposes.
- Monitoring of indicators and update of MEAL Plans every month: Work with the MEAL Manager, Senior MEAL Officer, and IM-GIS Officer, ensure that proper indicator follow-up and calculations are carried out in line with the established M&E framework and plan for all projects.
- Data archiving: Ensure proper archiving of key project documents including beneficiary lists, case files, and attendance sheets.
- Data visualization and map mapping – Support in the development of infographics and maps (de-pending on skillset and as needed).
- Narrative reporting: Writing narrative reports which summarize monitoring and evaluation activity findings as needed.
- Objective 2: Team Management, Capacity-Building, and Training
- Ensure that line managed staff understand and can perform their roles and responsibilities;
- Ensure a positive working environment and good team dynamics within mobile units MEAL unit.
- Manage interpersonal conflicts between departmental staff members underline management;
- Ensure that mobile units MEAL unit retains all that is distinctive about HI including the organization’s values and beliefs, global identity, coherence and consistency, and independence and impartiality.
- With Senior MEAL Officer, ensure that the MEAL follow-up meeting is held weekly and that the MEAL follow-up document is updated.
- With Senior MEAL Officer, follow up on all HR-related issues for line managed staff- leave plans, attendance and punctuality, undertaking regular appraisals of staff, and follow career management. Support the MEAL Manager for recruitment of MEAL staff (define and correct technical tests, conduct interviews if required) when required.
- Objective 3: Institutional Knowledge Building/Learning and Accountability
- Documentation of Lessons learned to Contribute to documenting and sharing lessons learned and best practices on time and ensure that the knowledge gained contributes to the improvement of the project. MEAL officers should also take some responsibility for following up with programs to ensure that lessons learned are addressed and best practices implemented (related to the project(s) of focus)
- Project reviews: Participate in the definition and implementation of Project Reviews (related to the project(s) of focus)
- Accountability framework implementation: Work with the MEAL Manager, Senior MEAL Officer, CWC Officer to implement the accountability framework, creating associated tools (i.e. Complaint Response Mechanism, etc). Participate in the definition of an accountability monitoring methodology that will allow for regular update and adaptation of the accountability framework and tools (related to the project(s) of focus)
- Sensitization of teams on accountability framework: Provide training for project and MEAL teams on the accountability framework and associated topics as needed (related to the project(s) of focus).
- Objective 3: Other
- Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to supervisors and other team members;
- Participate in MEAL-related meetings and when possible and stay up to date with best practices and new knowledge created in the field of MEAL;
- Perform any other related activities as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- Support in conducting training/sessions with program staff on mobile data collection, data quality, data sharing, monitoring and evaluation findings, etc. Configure phones as needed in support of mobile data collection.
- Must follow closely the activities of projects for which they are supporting. May need to participate in program meetings as needed.
- Work at office
- Master’s degree in Statistics / Applied Statistics / Development Studies / Social Sciences or any closest relevant discipline.
- At least 2 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
MEAL * The applicants should have experience in the following business area(s):
Development Agency, NGO
- Age at least 25 years
- At least 02 years of work experience in project monitoring, preferably with an NGO in Cox’s Bazar.
- Demonstrated skills in planning, organizing, analyzing, and reporting
- Languages: English, Bangla, Chittagonian
- IT skills: Excellent knowledge of relevant software: MS office package (Excel, Access, Word, Outlook) Mobile data collection tools, GIS tools, etc.
- Excellent writing skills: both Bangla and English
- Personal qualities: Willingness, ability to perform fieldwork and work under pressure, takes initiative
- Reliable, honest, very good organization, resistant to stress, good interpersonal skills (communication), team player
- Person with disability are encouraged to apply
Cox’s Bazar (Teknaf)
- Tk. 55654 – 58993 (Monthly)
- Hardship Allowance will be added in addition to working in Cox`s Bazar District.
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Mobile bill, Tour allowance, Medical allowance, Provident fund, Weekly 2 holidays, Insurance, Gratuity
- Festival Bonus: 2
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.
Expected salary: 55654 – 58993 per month
Location: Teknaf, Chittagong
Job date: Tue, 04 May 2021 05:37:52 GMT