চট্রগ্রামের চাকরির খবর
Job title: Medical Technologist – Microbiology
Job description: Job Context
Interested, highly energetic, ambitious persons are asked to apply for the post of Medical Technologist, Microbiology.
- The day-to-day duties will be determined by the HoD/Supervisor, though the following are inter alia the core tasks associated with the role:
- To set up laboratory tests for microbial examination, that includes retrieving biological specimen samples and preparing them for testing as appropriate; assess whether specimens meet laboratory standards, document any quality issues, and ensure materials are properly discarded.
- To perform a variety of microbiological procedures in order to cultivate, isolate and identify microorganisms in skin scrapings, exudates, body fluids and surgical specimens.
- To conduct routine and specialised microbiological procedures, including virologist, mycological, bacteriological, and parasitological assays for use in diagnosing and treating disease.
- To review and report results of microbiological analyses in a timely manner.
- To verify accuracy of findings, identify test inconsistencies, and communicate with the HoD/Supervisor to take further action to make corrections and resolve problems.
- To operate the laboratory equipment used in microbiological analysis and procedures; knowing how to execute universal safety precautions, which assume that all blood and body fluids are infectious, requiring to be very knowledgeable of these laboratory guidelines to avoid harm to the technologists as well as negative impact on the laboratory results.
- To upkeep the laboratory; manage laboratory inventory, prepare and clean lab instruments, ensure all work areas are clean, and perform clerical duties as necessary.
- To research laboratory related information.
- Diploma in Medical Technology with major in Laboratory, Completion of Internship from Govt. approved Technical Institute.
- The applicants should have experience in the following business area(s): Diagnostic Centre, Microbiology Lab
- Able to work independently to provide all laboratory related support
- Should have strong working experience and knowledge about laboratory
- Ability to work under pressure
- Able to learn new techniques and technologies
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point, Word) and also database system.
Job date: Sat, 21 Nov 2020 23:04:03 GMT
Apply for the job now!