ঢাকার চাকরির খবর
Job title: National Project Personnel – Administrative Assistant (Gen. Admin, Protocol and Facilities Management) (SC-4)
Job description: Organizational Setting
The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
The position is located in the FAO Representation in Bangladesh and the incumbent will be based in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative, direct supervision of the Assistant FAO Representative (Admin) and day to day close supervision of the Focal Point, Gen. Admin Cluster and in close collaboration with the other colleagues of the representation and projects, the incumbent will carry out the following tasks:
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Receive, review and screen all incoming protocol related correspondence/documents and take necessary action as required in consultation with the supervisor/official concern either Programme/Admin/Operation;
- Support on protocol related matters for the mission/international consultants/staff (Hotel reservation, arrange transport service, Airport pick up and drop etc.);
- Support on making liaison with different ministries/departments (Foreign affairs, Civil aviation authority, Custom, NBR, DIP, DEDO ) on various clearance & protocol related activities;
- Support & coordinate on preparation of Visa, Customs pass book etc.;
- Assist to raise the PR (Purchase Requisition) for procurement of goods and services for the Representation;
- Support to verify the asset physically and recording in the Asset list;
- Assist to prepare the different letters/documents & routine correspondence related to the clearances of the goods and equipment from the custom authority.
- Support to the procurement Unit to complete the procurement activities in time (Technical Specification, Technical Evaluation etc.);
- Assist to maintain the record of office all stationeries and perform as custodian;
- Support to prepare and maintain the records of the Assets/inventories for the representation and projects;
- Ensure that all asset are well tagged with barcode system.
- Assist to verify the asset list & ensure that year-end physical verification report is submitted in time.
- Monitor the asset list and take indention for transfer or disposal of assets.
- Provide assistance on various meetings, workshops, seminars of particularly on logistics.
- Review and check the general administrative matters and share with the respective authority for further action.
- Assist to take the notes during the meetings & prepare the draft minutes of the meeting;
- Prepare & maintain the database of all incoming & outgoing mission;
- Ensure that the mission/International consultants/International staff are well briefed t and county security briefing is done in time;
- Review/check that all the arrangements for rented offices/warehouse are in order;
- Ensure that all the equipment (Furniture, Air conditioner, Air purifier, photocopier, Desktop, conference system including any other related machine) are in order in the representation and Annexes.
- Assist to download the financial statement, Project status report, Expenditure transaction list etc.
- Review/analysis the data collected from different corporate system.
- Perform any other duties given by the authority. .
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Master’s degree in any discipline from a reported university.
- 5 years of relevant experience in the relevant field.
- Nationality of Bangladesh
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Experience in the UN System or an International organization/institution will be an advantage.
- Have good judgment and analytical skills;
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision;
- Ability to work under pressure in a professional manner;
- Ability to work quickly and accurately;
- Ability to establish and maintain a good working relationships with people of different national and cultural background;
- Excellent computer skills (especially in MS-Word, MS-Excel and Outlook );
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Working knowledge (level C) of English (spoken and written) and fluency in Bengali language;
FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact:
Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
Only language proficiency certificates from and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
Job date: Mon, 17 May 2021 06:03:49 GMT
Apply for the job now!