$50,000 – $60,000 a year
Full Job Description
Production Supervisors are responsible for supervising hourly employees engaged in all phases of the manufacture of all cup and lid forming. Duties include safety, quality, customer service, housekeeping, training, performance management, plant productivity, labor utilization, warehousing, and control of raw materials.
Primary duties of a Production Supervisor include:
- Responsible for exercising authority and independent judgment on the shift in the interest of the Company to hire, transfer, suspend, lay off, recall, promote, discharge, assign, reward, discipline or adjust complaints or effectively to recommend such action by following established policies, procedures, and practices.
- Responsible for the following shift functions; personnel training, development, safety, security, quality, inventory, good housekeeping, and general management of Company policies and procedures.
- Resolves all production and resulting quality problems that occur on their shift. Responsible for frequent checks of product quality.
- Accountable for providing shift documentation on decisions, shift issues, actions and status updates for the shift for the purpose of compliance.
- Attends all production meetings and safety meetings and conducts all shift meetings as required.
- Responsible for reviewing and authorizing proper time records for all employees on the shift.
- Manages machine utilization to meet or exceed efficiency goals and recommends or directs necessary personnel, maintenance or engineering changes to help achieve those goals.
- Develops new methods and procedures to optimize manufacturing efficiencies, maximize labor utilization, and reduce operating costs as part of production objectives.
- Participates in job safety training and personally follows all plant rules and work procedures to ensure a safe and healthy work environment is developed and supported.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work independently or on a team.
- Self-directed and self-motivated.
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Organized – strong attention to detail and follow-up.
Education and/or Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or related operations experience; or equivalent combination of education and related operations experience is required. A minimum of 2 years’ experience in an operations supervisory or management role in a manufacturing environment with demonstrated leadership skills strongly preferred.
- Heavy knowledge of Maintenance / Trouble Shooting forming equipment (PMC, DEBAO, BOBST)
- Opportunity for promotion
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- Paid Holidays
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location