$55,000 – $75,000 a year
Full Job Description
This position is responsible for the ensuring that our manufacturing department operates at peak efficiency while constantly looking to improve output. This role will be based out of our Las Vegas, Nevada location.
Primary Job Functions:
- Supervises and coordinates plant floor activities of workers in the manufacturing processes of cutting, tempered, laminated or insulated glass products.
- Oversees and or conducts training of new and existing employees to include work methods and procedures, employee handbook, safety training
- Inspects products to verify conformance to Company specifications and Directs setup and adjustments of machines
- Provide employees with timely and accurate feedback of performance reviews, disciplinary problems, material shortages, and equipment problems etc. when required or appropriate.
- Participation in interviewing, hiring, and terminations of Employees as needed
- Retention, training and continued development of hourly associates
- Interface with team members on a daily basis and act as the first line of command in resolving problems and maintaining efficient, orderly workflow.
- Ensuring on-time delivery, management of the flow of raw materials and control of inventory
- Adherence to product and customer specifications
- Compliance with all required Employment Laws and OSHA regulations and policies
- Accurate and timely production reporting
- Maintaining appropriate working relationships with internal and external customers and regulatory agency employees
- Creating and maintaining a plant floor environment that promotes safety and the safe operation of the entire process
- Continued assessment of cost reduction opportunities through the utilization of resources to remove process costs, improve efficiencies, and develop creative staffing strategies
- Experience in 5S and Lean manufacturing knowledge
- Maintain and improve high quality levels by ensuring that all work processes are performed correctly and accurately.
Supervisory Responsibilities :
· Supervises assigned employees and conveys Management’s expectations and direction. Responsibilities include: training, directing, and motivating assigned employees and making recommendations to Management on their behalf.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Planning and organizational skills
· Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
· Problem solving skills
· Ability to mentor and coach employees on a one-on-one basis as well as a group
Education and/or Experience
· High School Diploma and two year degree preferred
· At least 5 years of experience in an Architectural Glass Manufacturing environment.
· Two years of Supervisory experience preferred or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 – $75,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location