Full Job Description
Summary/Contribution of Position:
Responsible for picking, packing and shipping BlueLife products to customers. Ensure shipping of products is on schedule and is in accordance with quality standards. Perform some manufacturing duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Shipping of Pacific Informatics Products
- Preparation of orders for shipment according to invoices
- Pick and package orders
- Documentation of lot numbers and quantities of orders on invoice
- Coordinate with the Customer Service department and Manufacturing department to check inventory to verify availability of needed products
- Notify the Manufacturing and Production Manager of product shortages
- Package and ship in accordance with packaging guidelines and accepted methods/practices
- Coordinate with the Customer Service department to process replacement and back orders
- Monitor packaging material supplies and notify the Manufacturing and Production Manager when materials reach the restocking point
- Unload/receive material as required
- Perform housekeeping duties in areas assigned
2. Kit Assembly
- Pull products from inventory and assemble components into kits and kit sub-assemblies using quality system documents. (These tasks will be carried out under supervision until area supervisor determines that competency has been demonstrated.)
- Label components and kits accurately, under supervision.
3. Dispensing of Chemicals and Buffers
- Setup and operation of the semi-automated dispensing, capping and labeling equipment.
- Documentation of processes, lot numbers, and batch records.
- Assist in monitoring inventory of supplies needed for product assembly.
- Maintenance of equipment
- The position requires a minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two or more years of experience in a shipping and manufacturing environment in the biotech, pharmaceutical, diagnostics, food, or chemical industry.
- Some experience working in a scientific environment with exposure to various production and packaging equipment.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately
- Good organizational and prioritization skills.
- Manual dexterity to assemble kits and dispense product.
- Ability to frequently move objects weighing up to 30 -40 pounds.
- Ability to stand for several hours at a time.
Education and Experience:
- Knowledge in Biochemistry, Microbiology, Genetics, Immunology, Virology, or Molecular Biology preferable and a degree or emphases in business preferred
- Must have 2-5 years manufacturing experience
- Listening Skills
- Problem analysis and problem-solving
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Data collection and ordering
- Time management
- Stress tolerance
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
Most of Zymo Research’s employees are vaccinated. For non-vaccinated employees, Zymo Research offers in-house COVID-19 testing 3 days a week.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Las Vegas, NV 89119: Reliably commute or willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (Required)
- What is your expected compensation for this role?
Work Location: One location