এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Nutrition Counsellor (Female)
Job description: Job Context
- Society for Health Extension and Development (SHED) a National NGO working in Cox`s Bazar district is inviting applications from suitable candidates for its programme titled `Integrated Nutrition Intervention for Malnutrition Treatment and Prevention at Rohingya Camps and host community in Cox`s Bazar` for host community (Cox`s Bazar Sadar, Ramu, Kutubdia, Ukhia and Teknaf upazila). The Programme is funded by UNICEF. SHED is looking for qualified candidates for the post of Nutrition Counsellor (Female), Department- Health and Nutrition
- Description of Assignment:
- The Nutrition Counsellor will conduct counselling on feeding and caring practices. The NC will extend the technical support on the prevention of malnutrition by focusing the promotion of breastfeeding and complementary feeding and improved maternal nutrition with a strong community engagement component. NC will provide nutritional counselling to mothers of young children, focusing on children in the first 1000 days. NC will arrange food demonstration sessions (on complementary feeding) for the beneficiaries in collaboration with outreach workers, women support groups, and other key members of the community; deliver messages on IYCF practices and maternal nutrition to the targeted community/communities through group education sessions provide supportive supervision and monitoring support for Nutrition services. NCs will support strengthening the capacity of nutrition services and ensure the provision of quality MNCH services at different levels (UH&FWC, UHC, DH) of health facilities as per national guidelines. They will also contribute to bring nutrition into the mainstream healthcare system and accelerate the decrease in the high rates of maternal and child under nutrition as per NNS guidelines. Overall facility base essential nutrition service delivery will be increased in the 5 Upazilas of Cox`s Bazar districts.
- Job Description / Responsibility:
- Under the technical supervision and in close collaboration with UH&FWC /UHC and DH at Upazila-level and the Nutrition Supervisor, each NC will undertake the following tasks:
- Provide nutritional counselling to mothers of young children, focusing on children in the first 1000 days of life.
- Provide one-on-one breastfeeding counselling for mothers experiencing difficulties breastfeeding including supporting re-lactation.
- Provide tailored one-on-one counselling sessions to mothers, in line with needs assessed in initial assessments, offering practical advice and education on key IYCF issues.
- Provide mothers with practical advice on correct attachment and positioning when breastfeeding and respond to any concerns or local taboos associated with breastfeeding.
- Counsel mothers on the appropriate time to introduce complementary feeding, and the benefits of continued breastfeeding and respond to any concerns or local taboos associated with complementary feeding.
- Educate the mothers on the quality, quantity, and frequency of complementary feeds to promote adequate weight gain.
- Arrange food demonstration sessions (on complementary feeding) for the beneficiaries in collaboration with outreach workers, women support groups, and other key members of the community; Advice on food hygiene and the importance of preventing diarrhea and parasites in promoting nutrition. Deliver messages on IYCF practices and maternal nutrition to the targeted community/communities through group education sessions.
- Lead and conduct support groups for caregivers of children under 2 and pregnant and lactating women, ensure formation of the mother support group (MSG) at the community level in areas where MSG are non-existent.
- Liaise with Community Health Team Leader to ensure that correct nutritional messages are integrated into all community education activities.
- Contribute to the development of contextually appropriate IEC materials for local IYCF assessments.
- Utilize education materials and tools on breastfeeding and complementary feeding practices, relaying accurate, practical, and specific advice for the mother’s needs.
- Assess all children presenting with low MUAC or other forms of malnutrition, treating and referring to local agencies as appropriate.
- Work closely with medical and nursing teams to identify SAM children needing inpatient facility and supporting as per protocol.
- Refer patients requiring follow-up to Community health Team.
- Reporting requirements:
- The The Nutrition Counsellor will report to the Upazila Nutrition Supervisor/UH&FPO, Cox’s Bazar and will provide following deliverables:
- Maintain records of mothers and children attending counselling sessions, receiving skilled assessment and support.
- Submit monthly reporting of activities to the Upazila Nutrition Supervisor and UHNFPO.
- Play an active role in advocacy to promote proper IYCF-E Practices, antenatal and post-natal check-ups, importance of institutional deliveries, vaccination, and growth monitoring.
- Refer children for intensive nutritional/medical care as required.
- Refer all pregnant women to the next antenatal care services if not already informed.
- Identify/develop appropriate Information Education Communication (IEC) materials and flash cards in the local language, and ensure that the materials are used during counselling and are freely available at mother-baby areas.
- NAW, NVAC and other related events report on their involvement and support.
- Other assigned task/s report.
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Nutrition Science
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Nutrition, Public Health, or similar qualification From any reputed public University.
- 3 to 5 year(s)
- Age 18 to 35 years
- Only females are allowed to apply
- At least 3-5 years progressively responsible work experience in community-based nutrition programme.
Compensation & Other Benefits
- As per Organization/ project provision.
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.
Location: Cox’s Bazar, Chittagong
Job date: Tue, 04 May 2021 06:51:52 GMT