সিলেটের চাকরির খবর
Job title: Nutrition Officer – Suchana Project
Job description: Job Context
Suchana- ending the cycle of malnutrition in Bangladesh, is a multi-sectoral nutrition programme aims to achieve significant reduction in stunting amongst children under two years of age in Bangladesh. The programme adopts an integrated graduation model to nutrition specific and nutrition sensitive interventions to prevent chronic malnutrition within the critical 1,000 days from conception to until a child reaches its second birthday. Suchana consortium includes: technical partners – Save the Children (SC), Hellen Keller International (HKI), WorldFish, International Development Enterprises (iDE); implementing partners – Friends in Village Development in Bangladesh (FIVDB), Centre for Natural Resources Studies (CNRS), , Rangpur Dinajpur Rural Service (RDRS); and research partner – icddr,b.
- The Nutrition Officer will work in Sylhet upazila level for the contracted period
- The position will work under guidance of FIVDB’s team at Upazila level. S/he will be responsible to coordinate with Upazila and Union Coordinators to implement the core set of nutrition interventions of Sucahan. S/he will work with Upazila team, draw the plan for quality monitoring, supportive supervision to SCMs/FFs, conduct capacity building and skills on nutrition specific activities, and on the job training of MOH&FW frontline staffs following GoB partnership with Suchana. S/he will liaise with MOH&FW Upazila personnel to conduct supervisory visits to observe the delivery of National Nutrition Service (NNS) package from the community clinics, outreach sites, UH&FWCs. S/he will coordinate with MOH&FW to ensure supply/replacement of equipment/logistics and timely submission of nutrition report for the selected upazila. S/he will coordinate with MOH&FW Upazila Health and Family Planning Managers, 1st line Supervisors (Health Inspector, Assistant Health Inspector and Family Planning Inspector. In addition, S/he will follow-up SAM and MAM cases at UHC/hospital and at the field.
- Responsibilities and task:
- Reports to: Project Coordinator- Implementation Partner of Suchana
- Responsibility 01: Participate in the planning and implementation of Suchana nutrition specific interventions through cost effective planning and optimum use of resources: (30% of time)
- Prepare monthly plan as per DIP/AIP of nutrition specific interventions and share with Upazila Coordinator/Union coordinator, and Technical Manager-Nutrition (SCI)
- Coordinate with Upazila and Union team to promote common messages embedded into SBCC strategy through different nutrition specific interventions courtyard meeting, cooking & feeding demonstrations, household counseling and training sessions
- Plan, coordinate on the capacity building on the nutrition specific topics as per AIP/DIP in consultation with Upazila Coordinators and IP-PC and Suchana Nutrition team (SCI)
- Identify and facilitates use of local resources in routine project implementation
- Able to analyze the union/upazila level data/report and share the output to feed into planning process for effective implementation of nutrition specific activities
- Responsibility 02: Conduct capacity building initiatives around maternal, adolescent and child nutrition: (15% of time)
- Facilitate training sessions in union and upazila for the Implementation Partner (IP) staffs, 1st line supervisors of MOH&FW as follow on of CBT.
- Conduct training session for the Upazila/Union level staff on nutrition
- Responsibility 03: Supportive Supervision and Quality Monitoring: (30% of time)
- Provide on the job training (OJT) through close supervision of nutrition specific interventions (like Courtyard session, GMP session, HH visit) by SCMs/FFs through frequent field visits and use of checklists as part of the structured supervision framework
- Monitor nutrition-specific activities using structured checklist, ensure use of IEC materials by FF/SCMs, and share findings during monthly meeting of SCMs/FFs and Upazila level.
- Ensure nutrition equipment/logistics/supplies are available with SCMs and in CCs, and are properly utilized
- Monitor progress on SAM and MAM follow-up according to guideline
- Responsibility 04: Coordination and collaboration with MOH&FW and other stakeholders (10% of time)
- Coordinate with MOH&FW at Upazila to participate in the monthly meeting to share plan and results on NNS service package, supply chain of nutrition logistics and supervision plan
- Facilitate joint monitoring visits along with MOH&FW to the Community Clinics, UH&FWCs and community outreach centres to provide support for the delivery of NNS service package from the primary tiers of service delivery points.
- Organize Supportive Supervision visits from 1st line supervisors as a follow up on CBT training in unions and upazila
- Visit UHC’s SAM unit and work closely to ensure adherence and compliance of national SAM guideline and management of SAM cases in facility and inpatient reporting.
- Reporting: (15 % of time)
- S/he is responsible for preparing monthly report on nutrition specific interventions and share with Upazila Coordinators and Technical Manager-Nutrition (SCI)
- Prepare report on the supportive supervision
- Report on the joint supervisory visits and national observances on nutrition related events
- SKILLS AND BEHAVIORS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, achieving and role modelling organizational values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Future orientated, thinks strategically.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
- To work in team
- To protect children in connection
- To be non-discriminatory and gender sensitive
- Will be respectful to SCI child safeguard policy
- Job Contract Job Contract
- This contract is renewable
skilled, semi skilled, less skilled
- Masters in Nutrition. Alternatively any relevant discipline of nutrition related subject from recognized institution/Social Sciences. Candidates with academic background with Nutrition, Applied Nutrition will be considered with higher priority.
- Minimum 3-4 years’ working experiences in the implementation on maternal, child, adolescent nutrition, WASH related programs at field. Experience in designing training plan and conduction of sessions following adult learning approach.
- 3 to 4 year(s)
- Both males and females are allowed to apply
- Knowledge on public health and nutrition programming particularly SBCC and Maternal Infant Young Child Nutrition.
- Skills: Skills in adult learning and training following design and developing training modules, preparing training curriculum in health & nutrition, facilitating training courses. Strong interpretation skills and working experiences in large team with limited resources.
- Leading and inspiring others,
- Delivering results,
- Developing self and others,
- Problem solving and decision making,
- Innovating and adapting
- Duty Times: 240 Hours/ 240.
- Tk. 40000 (Monthly)
- Negotiable for candidates having high level of competency
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Mobile bill, Weekly 2 holidays
- Salary Review: Yearly
- Festival Bonus: 1
- As per project policy of FIVDB.
Following documents are required for interview
- Passport Copy
- NID Copy
- Birth Certificate Copy
- Driving License
- Work Experience Certificate (If any)
- Passport Size Photographs 3 Copies
Recruitment Processing Information
- Visa processing fee negotiable.
- Processing time Recruitment Processing Time nei
Expected salary: 40000 per month
Job date: Sat, 05 Dec 2020 02:58:31 GMT
Apply for the job now!