এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Nutrition Officer
Job description: Job Context
- Friends in Village Development Bangladesh (FIVDB) in partnership with welt hunger hilfe is implementing the Regional Program for scaling up the multi-sectoral approach for Nutrition Smart Villages in Bangladesh at Mohonganj Upazila under Netrokona District and Sirajganj Upazila under Sirajganj District. The mentioned position will be recruited for implementing the project.
- The Duration of the project ( December 2020 to December 2023)
- The Nutrition Officer will work in Mohonganj Upazila under Netrokona District for the contracted period.
- This position will be responsible for coordination with line department & ensure technical support of project such as, module development, preparation of PLA guideline, conducting training at field level & maintain liaison with health & family planning department, public health and local & upazila level stakeholders. Nutrition Officer will work with the Senior Subject Matter Specialist -Nutrition & WASH & Project Coordinator to ensure smooth and effective operations of the program support activities in compliance with guide line develop, materials support & budgeting, staff supervision, monitoring, follow up & reporting. Have sound Knowledge about new methods of PLA including others interventions.
- Support/follow up to field officers and community service provider (CSP)/nutrition volunteer to address all types of nutrition including health related activities
- Ensure technical competence on Nutrition, wash & food & provide technical support to relevant staff
- Organize village level health/nutrition volunteers training to Identify SAM & MAM children by screening
- Conduct Nutrition Camps (Nutrition Screening, Cooking Demonstration, Health education, Sensitization & skill development on sanitation especially hand washing, Skill development on quality, diversity, quantity and consistency of infant and young child diet, Other need based inputs.)
- Organize Food, Nutrition and Agricultural fair
- Organize and facilitate advocacy workshops on Mother & Child Health at Union Parishad, Upazilla and Zilla level
- Supervise to health/nutrition volunteer and strengthening Community Based Organizations such as Self-help group (SHG) and other group
- Establish linkage with local government and other social/commercial brand suppliers/pharmaceutical companies to get supply of logistic from them
- Provide support to behavior change in child care & nutrition practices are attained through Participatory Learning and Action Cycles (PLA) on mother & child on health & nutrition.
- Conduct Participatory Learning and Action (PLA) meetings with existing mothers groups and confirmed effective medical journal Lancet to reducing neo natal mortality rate and maternal depressions.
- Ensure supports to MIS data are accurate and data is routinely analyzed
- Prepare monthly plan and report and submit to project Coordinator.
- Represent project in the monthly Health and Nutrition Coordination/Committee meeting at different GOB and NGO levels
- This position is reportable to Project Coordinator
- Any other task assignment by authority as & when requirement
- Job Contract
- This contract is renewable
skilled, semi skilled, less skilled
- Masters in Nutrition. Alternatively any relevant discipline of nutrition related subject from recognized institution/Social Sciences. Candidates with academic background with Nutrition, Applied Nutrition will be considered with higher priority.
- 3 to 4 year(s)
- Both males and females are allowed to apply
- Minimum 3-4 years’ working experiences in the implementation on maternal, child, adolescent nutrition, WASH related programs at field. Experience in designing training plan and conduction of sessions following adult learning approach.
- Knowledge on public health and nutrition programming particularly SBCC and Maternal Infant Young Child Nutrition.
- Skills: Skills in adult learning and training following design and developing training modules, preparing training curriculum in health & nutrition, facilitating training courses. Strong interpretation skills and working experiences in large team with limited resources.
- Leading and inspiring others,
- Delivering results,
- Developing self and others,
- Problem solving and decision making,
- Innovating and adapting
- Duty Times: 240 Hours/ 240.
- Tk. 35000 – 38000 (Monthly)
- Negotiable for candidates having high level of competency
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Mobile bill, Weekly 2 holidays
- Salary Review: Yearly
- Festival Bonus: 1
- As per project policy of FIVDB.
Following documents are required for interview
- Passport Copy
- NID Copy
- Birth Certificate Copy
- Driving License
- Work Experience Certificate (If any)
- Passport Size Photographs 3 Copies
Recruitment Processing Information
- Visa processing fee negotiable.
- Processing time Recruitment Processing Time nei
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.
Expected salary: 35000 – 38000 per month
Location: Mohanganj, Mymensingh
Job date: Sat, 10 Apr 2021 02:07:05 GMT