এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Nutrition Specialist, P-3, FT, #114979, Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh #540659 (not for Bangladeshi nationals) – Re-advertisement
Job description: UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, care.
How can you make a difference?
The Nutrition Specialist supports the development and preparation of the nutrition programme and is responsible for managing, implementing, monitoring, evaluating, and reporting the programme progress of a sector of the nutrition programme within the country programme. The Nutrition Specialist provides technical guidance and management support throughout the programming processes to facilitate the administration and achievement of concrete and sustainable results in nutrition sensitive interventions such as market surveillance including food price/production; improvements of income generating projects; social protection nets related to maternal, infant and child nutrition programmes/projects targeting Rohingya refugees and host community. This is carried out according to plans, allocation, results based-management approaches and methodology (RBM), as well as UNICEF’s Strategic Plans, standards of performance, and accountability framework.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
1. Support to programme development and planning
- Contribute to and support the preparation, design and updating of the situation analysis for the nutrition sector(s) with a focus on market surveillance including food price/production; improvements of income generating projects; social protection nets to ensure comprehensive and current data on maternal and child nutrition is available to guide policy development, and the design and management of nutrition programmes/projects.
2. Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Plan and/or collaborate with internal and external partners to establish monitoring benchmarks, performance indicators, and UNICEF/UN system indicators and measurements, to assess and strengthen performance accountability, coherence and delivery of concrete and sustainable results for the assigned nutrition sensitive sector in nutrition programmes.
3. Technical and operational support to programme implementation
- Provide technical guidance and operational support to government counterparts, NGO partners, UN system partners and other country office partners/donors on the interpretation, application and understanding of UNICEF policies, strategies, processes, best practices, and approaches on nutrition sensitive and related issues to support programme development planning, management, implementation, and delivery of results.
4. Networking and partnership building
- Build and sustain effective close working partnerships with nutrition sensitive sector government counterparts and national stakeholders through active sharing of information and knowledge.
5. Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
- Apply and introduce innovative approaches and good practices to build the capacity of partners and stakeholders, and to support the implementation and delivery of concrete and sustainable programme results.
– Attached JD is for reference to review the detailed job responsibility.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- An advanced university degree in one of the following fields is required: nutrition, public health, nutritional epidemiology, global/international health and nutrition, health/nutrition research, policy and/or management, health sciences, nutritional epidemiology, or another nutrition-related science field.
- A minimum of five years of professional experience in a developing country in one or more of the following areas is required: nutrition, food security, income generation activities, social safety nets, nutrition planning and management, or maternal, infant and child health/nutrition care.
- Experience in health/nutrition programme/project development and management in a UN system agency or organization is an asset
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values are Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA).
The core competencies required for this post are…
- Nurtures, Leads and Manages People (1)
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (2)
- Works Collaboratively with others (2)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (2)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (2)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (2)
- Drives to achieve impactful results (2)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (2)
The functional competencies required for this post are…
- Analyzing (3)
- Deciding and Initiating action (2)
- Applying technical expertise (3)
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
*UNICEF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
*Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
*Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: 23 May 2021 Bangladesh Standard Time
Deadline: 06 Jun 2021 Bangladesh Standard Time
Job date: Tue, 25 May 2021 02:26:06 GMT