ঢাকার চাকরির খবর
Job title: Office Coordination Specialist -SC 8
Job description: Organizational Setting
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) supports the transformation to More efficient, inclusive, resilient and sustainable agri-food systems, for Better production, Better nutrition, a Better environment and a Better life, leaving no one behind. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve this transformation.
The position is located in the FAO Representation in Bangladesh and the incumbent will be based in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative and in close liaison with Deputy FAO Representative, Assistant FAOR Programme, Assistant FAOR Administration and other colleagues in the Representation, the incumbent will carry out the following tasks:
Tasks and Responsibilities
Management of the FAO Representative Office:
- Manage the Representative Office, its Integrated Work Plan, with appropriate delegation of day-to-day management operations.
- Resolve organizational and management issues as they arise.
- Ensure the dissemination of information within the organization on behalf of the FAOR.
- Ensure integrity and compliance of the documents prior being submitted for endorsement by the senior management.
- Monitor the management decisions’ follow up and implementation.
- Support the FAOR in his mandate by providing strategic advice on organizational, policy, and programme related matters, both internal to FAO and external.
- Ensure the FAOR is provided with the appropriate range of professional advice on diverse issues as they arise.
- Ensure the coordination of corporate responses to emergency, high priority, or sensitive issues.
- Keep and up-date inventory of all the necessary contact details of internal and external partners
- Act as principal liaison with UNCT, as well as with colleagues in FAO Regional Office, as well as in HQ.
- Provide support in outreach to national and international counterparts
- Advise FAOR on protocol requirements as needed
- Ensure planning and preparation of FAOR’s participation in external events, including scheduling, drafting speeches and talking points
- Ensure proper planning of managements meetings
- Circulation of meeting agenda in good time
- Taking Minutes during the meetings and follow-up with the actions
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advanced university degree in Development Studies, Political Science, Sociology, Economics, Business Management or other related development or social field is required.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience with international/any reputable organization
- Nationality of Bangladesh.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Experience in the UN System or an International organization/institution.
- Have good judgment and analytical skills and with strong operational experience;
- Self-motivated and able to work quickly and accurately with minimum supervision;
- Ability to work under pressure in a professional manner;
- Ability to establish and maintain a good working relationships with people of different national and cultural background;
- Excellent computer skills (especially in MS-Word, MS-Excel and Outlook );
- Working knowledge (level C) of English (spoken and written);
- Ability to think and act strategically with excellent political awareness
- Ability to handle complex situations and multiple responsibilities simultaneously, mixing long-term projects with the urgency of immediate demands
- Ability to collaborate with and achieve actionable results through others
- Ability to build strong and sustainable relationships and capability to interact at all levels within the organization
- Ability to lead a highly productive and collaborative team
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
Job date: Sat, 23 Oct 2021 03:49:22 GMT
Apply for the job now!