এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Officer – Procurement
Company: Save the Children
Job description: Save the Children invites applications for the above-mentioned position. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply. Minimum requirements will be flexible for potential female candidates.
Officer- Procurement ensures that all procurement requirement (PR) submitted for the project is processed and fulfilled in accordance with SCI Procurement Procedures, within expected delivery lead times. The incumbent actively participates and facilitates Procurement Committee meetings to ensure bid evaluation conducted in timely manner and adhered to SCI procurement procedures. S/he reviews all procurement documents not to prior to submission but from early stage to the end of the process to ensure adherence to SCI policies and best practices, with an aim to minimize audit risks and disallowance. The post holder plays an important role in supporting program implementation effectively and in keeping up with providing the high value procured supplies. S/he also ensures PR Tracker is updated and shared with Procurement Manager on weekly basis to update on progress of procurement for all PRs assigned. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder is expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Qualifications and experience
- At least 03 years working experience in procurement management and/or Supply Chain function in humanitarian response program with NGO and/or UN agencies
- Knowledge of humanitarian compliances and humanitarian response operation modalities
- Experience of managing medium to high volume of purchase requests for various goods and services, with ability to deal with short notices, planning, prioritizing, and delivering.
- Excellent knowledge and capacity of analyzing information and use it as reference for future planning and in improving overall procurement performance.
- Good verbal and writing skills in English, comfortable with drafting good Tender Invitation, Purchase Contract Agreement, descriptive Minutes of Meeting, and various justification notes of vendor selections.
- Excellent user of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point. Comfortable with using online based applications and software for different purposes.
- Enthusiasm, motivation, self-confidence, and a proactive approach in problem-solving
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline, preferably in Business, Management, or Engineering. Advanced Certificate/Diploma in Supply Chain Management and/or Procurement Management is preferred.
Contract length: Up to December 31, 2021
Job location: Cox’s Bazar
No. of vacancies: 01 (One)
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
Only short listed candidates will be invited for interview
‘Save the Children promotes diversity in its workforce’
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Location: Cox’s Bazar, Chittagong
Job date: Sat, 24 Apr 2021 04:32:23 GMT