এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (PMEL) Manager
Job description: Job Context
- Reports to: Head of Humanitarian Response
- Nature of Job: Full time
- Level: Senior position
- Duration: One year (Starting February 2021)
- WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Working days are from Sunday to Thursday with 40 hours/ week.
- ICCO HR, Finance, and other related policies are applicable.
- Work patterns are not routine and often pressure is high.
- Duration of contract is for one year with possibilities of extension depending on fund availability and performance.
- The position will be based in Cox`s Bazar, with regular visits to the field.
- Design and Promoting PMEL system
- Lead on the development and oversee the roll-out of the PMEL unit in Cox’s Bazar District, ensuring accountability to donors and beneficiaries.
- Promote all aspects of PMEL to support the creation of an organizational culture which prioritizes quality programming.
- Support design and implementation of systems to collect and analyze program performance data for evidence-based programming decisions.
- Work closely with the program team to ensure that PMEL becomes an integral element of project implementation leading to enhanced quality and accountability.
- Develop and continuously update accountability strategy and lead on implementation of program wide feedback and complaint mechanisms in line with Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS).
- Identify bottlenecks in the program PMEL systems, recommend appropriate solutions and ensure follow-through.
- Support the fundraising team in strengthen the PMEL systems
- Contributing to the proposal writing and donor resports
- Staff management, Mentorship and Development
- Support the PMEL team progress on specific projects, providing management oversight on progress and problem-solving in case of challenges.
- Manage the performance of reports in the PMEL unit through performance management, coaching, mentoring, training and development.
- At the organizational level, devise and manage a PMEL training program with the goal of increasing PMEL capacity and awareness for all staff. Assess training needs and engage PMEL team staff to roll-out the training program.
- Strengthen Management Information Systems
- • Develop and maintain project PMEL site containing all evaluations and M&E tools for each project.
- • Regularly audit PMEL tools to ensure compliance with donors’ requirements.
- • Ensure Program’s PMEL systems are responsive to changing donor requirements.
- Internal Reporting:
- Responsible for ensuring that the PMEL unit in Cox’s Bazar delivers on all internal M&E requirements the programs in a timely manner and with high quality information, including reporting on indicators and feedback mechanisms to ensure consistency of standards, harmonization of information, input from beneficiaries and sharing of learning.
- Identifies and introduces new elements (systems, tools, processes) required under the PMEL unit.
- Receive regular field monitoring and accountability reports from PMEL staff members and circulate to the country office team, ensuring that action plans are included and followed up.
- Ensure that data brought together and findings from across thematic areas form a coherent basis for analysis of impact which promotes learning and strategy development for the organization.
- Support PMEL and Program teams in conducting regular PMEL field visits to collect data, assess the application of PMEL tools, and assist in preparation of monthly/quarterly reports to donors.
- Review baseline, midterm review and final evaluation TORs, and assist with project evaluations or other assessments, including rapid or in depth sectorial assessments, in new or existing project areas as needed.
- Lead on monitoring and improving the synergy and integration of thematic programs to enhance delivery of outstanding results for the communities.
- Communicate top level learning / analysis reports and monitoring data to ensure that management is able to make informed decisions on a timely basis to scale up and face operational challenges.
- External Reporting and Representation
- Ensure external accountability to donors through the implementation of timely and quality PMEL activities leading to timely and accurate reporting.
- Ensure that high quality analysis reports illustrate projects’ impact and assessment findings are produced, including evidence of good practice and replicable programs, and that they are communicated at appropriate events.
- Ensure that ICCO Cooperation is represented at relevant inter-NGO and government level meetings at the field level (related to PMEL) to enhance inter-agencies best practices sharing and learning
- Program Design and PMEL Resources
- Ensure that PMEL is an integral part of the program design stage and features in all proposal development.
- Ensure that PMEL resources are included in proposal development and work creatively to secure funding from diverse sources, to ensure that PMEL is integrated in the programs in a sustainable way.
- Responsible for effectively managing the PMEL budget.
- Other responsibilities and duties assigned by the supervisor/ PMEL team at country level
- Master’s/Bachelors degree, preferably in Statistics/MSS/ Development studies/ or any other relevant subject
- At least 8 year(s)
- KEY QUALIFICATIONS
- Computer knowledge including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and other ICT tools to collect data is an asset (Smartphone technology and additional experience with Access or SPSS is preferred).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Bangla.
- EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in projects’ monitoring and evaluation, preferably with diverse and complex problem solving and solid field experience and understanding of emergency context, livelihood, resilience, humanitarian programming and humanitarian work.
- Proven experience in using ICT solutions to collect, manage, and analyze data based on feasibility in specific project contexts and a cost-benefit analysis.
- Proven experience in applying different monitoring methods, approaches and tools.
- Proven experience in survey design, data collection, both qualitative and quantitative methods and analysis, and feedback mechanism.
- Proven capacity to deliver high quality reports and present coherent and convincing messages to different audiences.
- Previous experience with major donor proposal M&E requirements (UN agencies, EC, GIZ preferred).
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mindsets.
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in.
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner.
- Experience in working with projects funded by UN agencies, with a focus on food security, will be preferred.
- Experience of being accountable to beneficiaries and to donors for quality programming.
- Experience of resilience and humanitarian work, and an understanding of WASH, EFSL, protection, and gender needs.
- Communicates strategically under pressure.
- Manages stress and complexity.
- Actively promotes safety and security.
- Strong analytical thinking approach; anticipates problems and regularly provides solutions.
- Successfully manages conflicting priorities.
- High degree of flexibility to carry out other actions if the need arises.
- Gender and cultural sensitivity, commitment and an understanding of ICCO Cooperation values and the principles of equal opportunities.
- Remote management/ contingency planning
- Punctual and good at time management and strong relationship building skills
- Ability to show perseverance, persistence and patience
- Good understanding of protection issues facing by the beneficiaries will be an added value
- SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modeling ICCO Cooperation values.
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities, giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Optimizes partners’ participation and capacity development in the design and implementation of PMEL systems and other project activities.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for the team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same.
- Widely shares his/her personal vision, engages and motivates others.
- Future orientated, thinks strategically.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with the team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters.
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength.
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
- Competitive salary package depending on education qualification, skills, expertise and experience.
Location: Cox’s Bazar, Chittagong
Job date: Sun, 03 Jan 2021 05:14:14 GMT
Apply for the job now!