চট্রগ্রামের চাকরির খবর
Job title: Professor/ Associate Professor of DELL
Job description: Job Context
- Teaching and Research at the Department of English Language and Literature (DELL) at USTC, Chittagong. As an Assistant Professor, it is mandatory to have expertise in related subjects in order to teach students at UG and PG levels. Teaching methods include lectures, seminars, tutorials, practical demonstrations, field work and e-learning. It is also mandatory to pursue research involving students to contribute to the wider research activities of DELL or University.
- Applications are invited for the position of Professor/Associate Professor at the Department of English Language and Literature (DELL), USTC on prevailing terms and conditions:
- To prepare course outline, course calendar, lesson plan, tutorial and schedule for students and conduct theoretical, tutorial and practical classes, extension teaching, related research and cooperative field experience.
- To prepare questions, invigilate tests and exams, mark and grade scripts and assignments.
- To guide and supervise project work, internship, dissertation or thesis as and when assigned.
- To guide and supervise students to perform co-curricular and extracurricular activities.
- Attend meetings of the University as and when invited.
- Work as ‘Faculty Representative’ at different events and activities of the University when detailed.
- Provide assistance in different activities of the University when called upon to do so.
- Carryout administrative tasks initiated by the teacher himself/herself or assigned by the Department, Faculty or the University or under the instruction of Top Authority.
- To monitor and report on the implementation of the Strategic policy plan for respective department.
- To ensure academic discipline and standards as well as the report on other matters including the student affairs of USTC and performs responsibilities as per the private university Act of 2010.
- To teach courses in their subject area and to assess student’s progress by grading papers, tests and other work.
- To conduct research and experiments to advance knowledge in their field with publications.
- To serve on academic and administrative committees that review and recommend policies, make budget decisions, or advise on hiring and promotions within their department.
- To write external research grant proposals to various donor agencies.
- To guide departmental faculty members to effective teaching-learning and research
- To make collaboration with experts, institutes, universities at home and abroad.
- To invite foreign professors to work as visiting professor/researcher to USTC.
- To prepare the strategic plan for the DELL.
- Must have a PhD degree in English from a recognized university along with at least 7 years of teaching experience in which at least 4 years of experience as Assistant Professor in this area at University level.
- MPhil or equivalent degree in English from a recognized university along with at least 8 years of teaching experience in which at least 4 years of experience as Assistant Professor in this area at University level.
- Master degree with 4 years’ Bachelor degree in English from a recognized university along with at least 10 years of teaching experience in which at least 4 years of experience as Assistant Professor in this area at University level.
- The applicant must have at least one first class/division in either bachelor or Master degree and at least two first class/division in academic career. Applicants having 3rd division/class at any level in academic career will not be considered.
- Others as per UGC requirements
- The Candidate should have at least 7 (seven) publications in international journals of which 4 (four) publications as Associate Professor.
Job date: Sun, 22 Nov 2020 01:56:31 GMT
Apply for the job now!