ঢাকার চাকরির খবর
Job title: Program Officer
Job description: Job Context
- Period of Performance: Initially 1 Year; with the possibility of extension
- Base Location: Based in Dhaka, Bangladesh with regular travel to field sites
- Expected Starting Date: 01 January 2020
- Position Description: The Program Officer is responsible for providing program operations and management support for specified component of Compass. S/he helps manage liaises with Compass development and institutional partners. The Program Officer assists with the design and development of component management systems. The Program Officer reports to the Forestry Institutional Partnership Development Specialist and learns about all aspects of the projects in order to provide program officer support, including annual work plans, budget development, and monitoring. S/he is expected to work independently with limited supervision.
- The `Program Officer` will support the program with duties and responsibilities including, but not be limited to, the following:
- Program Management (90%):
- Assist in developing and monitoring annual work plans and budgets, as well as associated deliverables and results/outputs.
- Prepare, coordinate reviews, edit, and disseminate project-related reports and documents, including subcontract scopes of work, progress updates, and other documents and reports.
- Assist to identify and contact potential grantees for funding.
- Preserve necessary documents in the projects’ SharePoint site(s) and assist with specific component related information management.
- Work closely with other Compass components, MEL and Communications teams to assess the impact of partnerships, all other component activities.
- Provide input in component implementation plan and activities.
- Draft various reports as and when necessary.
- Conduct periodic review of annual plans.
- Provides inputs on annual budget as and when necessary.
- Mobilizing conferences, meetings and workshops for the component.
- Provide guidance and maintain frequent communications with program partners and institution.
- Analyze and troubleshoot program challenges.
- Assist to develop best practices to improve overall program performance.
- Assist in budget preparation and expense management activities for component.
- Plan and execute component activities in timely and accurate manner.
- Assist to conduct program reviews and prepare reports for management.
- Prepare meeting agenda, organize meetings and distribute minutes of the component.
- Carry out any other related responsibilities as assigned by the office.
- Partnership and Documentation Management (10%):
- Assist in developing SoWs, Input on MEL plan, billable time and travel plans for consultants, trainers, and resource persons specific to spatial or application coursers or projects.
- Travel to site as and when necessary for better coordination and monitoring as requested by the supervisor.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, or equivalent in Forestry, Environmental Sciences or Management or Economics, Natural Resources Management, Development studies, social sciences, life sciences or related discipline.
- At least 3 year(s)
- At least 3 years of experience with minimum 2 years in program implementation with NGOs or INGOs is a must.
- Country-level experience in multi-stakeholder partnership, community development and institutional relation management or coordination.
- Experience in working with rural marginalized communities and understand challenges and opportunities.
- Experience in community mobilization, assessments, stakeholder facilitation and related development works.
- The benefits and allowances for this position would be in line with Compass policy and guidelines, commensurate with the experience, qualification and previous track-record of the successful applicant.
Job date: Mon, 16 Nov 2020 08:55:09 GMT
Apply for the job now!