খুলনার চাকরির খবর
Job title: Program Officer (SMART)
Job description: Job Context
- This position will be offered for 16 months starting on 1st November 2020, with an initial 3-month probationary period and an option for renewing employment as per the performance and availability of funds.
- The Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) Bangladesh (bangladesh.wcs.org) partners with local communities and government agencies to save wildlife and wild places through science conservation action, education, and inspiring people to value nature. WCS is a not-for-profit conservation and research organization actively engaged in Bangladesh since 2004.
- WCS Bangladesh`s Terrestrial Conservation Program engages with law enforcement agencies including the Forest Department, Customs, Police, Department of Fisheries, Coast Guard and Navy, for strengthening their capacity to combat illegal wildlife trade (CWT) in Bangladesh. We do this by providing technical support for implementing national legislation and assisting the Government of Bangladesh to meet its international obligations to the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES), and the Convention on Migratory Species (CMS). We also support the Forest Department on implementing wildlife enforcement and monitoring patrols through capacity building on using a Spatial Monitoring and Reporting Tool (SMART) approach.
- WCS Bangladesh is recruiting a Program Officer (SMART) to support the Terrestrial Conservation Program with the implementation of the GIZ funded Support to the Management of the Sundarbans Reserved Forest Project (SMP II). The overall objective of this project is to further strengthen and build sustainability into the management capacity of the Forest Department in the Sundarbans and other protected areas of Bangladesh through a SMART law enforcement and wildlife monitoring approach.
- Assist the SMART Program Coordinator in training and supporting WCS SMART Patrol mentors to provide technical support in the field for Forest Department SMART patrol teams on the use of CyberTracker, SMART data collection, GPS navigation, uploading and exporting patrol data, quality control, and preparing field reports.
- Serve as a mentor on SMART patrols to gain field experience and when dedicated mentors are not available.
- Support the SMART Data Manager and Coordinator with quality control of SMART data, and with answering queries and generating reports.
- Help organize, develop training tools and conduct trainings for Forest Department staff on implementing a SMART approach to wildlife enforcement and monitoring patrols.
- Help prepare quarterly reports on SMP II project activities.
- Build and maintain communication with protected area stakeholders, including community patrolling members, community leaders, local government representatives, resource users, government agencies, non-government and community-based organizations, and research and educational institutions.
- Collaborate closely with the Marine Conservation Program on Marine SMART activities.
- Support educational outreach activities, stakeholder consultations and coordination with government agencies, including communication strategies and media materials on laws and rules.
- Assist with additional project activities such as translating documents, arranging events, and giving presentations.
- Master degree in the field of Biological or Social Sciences;
- Skills Required: GIS/ Mapping, Project Management, SPSS
- 1 to 2 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
Fisheries Science, GIS Mapping, Report Writing, Research and Development, Training * The applicants should have experience in the following business area(s):
NGO, Research Organization
- We are looking for a candidate who is self-directed, can manage variable workloads, engage with diverse collaborators and is comfortable working in the field for extended period.
- The position will be based Khulna with frequent visits to the Sundarbans and overnight stays with SMART patrol teams.
- Interested candidates must be reliable, technically proficient and capable of working efficiently within our organizational structure. Good communication skills in English and Bengali (writing, speaking and translating) are essential.
- Exhibit a strong interest in wildlife conservation, environmental education and communication.
- Candidates with working experience in the Sundarbans and previous training in SMART software and patrolling, GIS, SPSS, wildlife protection law enforcement and protected area management will receive preference.
- WCS is committed to building a culturally diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.
- WCS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, or gender.
Tk. 40000 – 45000 (Monthly)
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Mobile bill, Weekly 2 holidays
- Yearly salary increment
Expected salary: 40000 – 45000 per month
Job date: Fri, 16 Oct 2020 03:02:38 GMT
Apply for the job now!