ঢাকার চাকরির খবর
Job title: Programme Assistant, GS-5, Temporary Appointment (364 days), #116226, Dhaka, Bangladesh,#539974 (For Bangladeshi nationals only)
Job description: UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, opportunity.
How can you make a difference?
Under the supervision and guidance of the supervisor, the programme assistant supports the respective section (s) by carrying out a range of programme support functions to help develop, implement and monitor their country programme, ensuring effective and timely delivery that is consistent with UNICEF rules and regulations.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Facilitating the development of programme cooperation agreements (PCAs), by providing information and drafting selected sections of it.
- Ensuring the timely and accurate recording and administrative processing of government & NGO’s proposals and requests for direct cash transfers (DCTs).
- Conducting programme monitoring in UNICEF focus districts for cash and supplies and informing team-members on the status.
- Helping conduct regular spot checks of partner’s projects to assess their financial record-keeping, expenditure controls and reporting systems.
- Monitoring and tracking the efficient distribution of supplies that are required for effective programme delivery.
- Supporting the programme section in researching, compiling and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data and information from a variety of sources on subject matters relevant to the work of the section to facilitate programme delivery as well as preparation of reports, working papers and presentations.
- Carrying out transactions in VISION ensuring programme results, activities and programme coding are as per annual work plans (AWPs), and making amendments and alterations as per section revisions when necessary.
- Preparing monitoring and reporting information for supervisor and team on agreed performance indicators to drive more efficient management and accountability for results.
- Regularly monitoring budgets and financial expenditures of section by employing applicable tools, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, keeping supervisor informed and advised on actions for decision and/or follow up.
- Helping prepare periodic or ad-hoc financial reports relating to country office and donors to support the office in optimizing use of programme funds.
- Supports capacity development activities related to programme development by preparing training materials and participating in exercises.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
- A minimum of five years of administrative or clerical work experience is required.
- Prior experience in programme support functions is an asset.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
- In-depth knowledge of the administration which underpins UNICEF country office programme/project operations, including monitoring and evaluation processes.
- Strong organizational, planning and prioritizing skills and abilities.
- High sense of confidentiality, initiative and good judgment.
- Ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Strong office management skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively manage the section’s material resources and monitor its budget.
- Good analytical skills.
- Experience using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other UNICEF software such as SharePoint
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The core and functional competencies required for this post are…
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (1)
- Works Collaboratively with others (1)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (1)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (1)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (1)
- Drive to achieve impactful results (1)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (1)
- Analyzing (1)
- Learning & Researching (1)
- Planning and organizing (1)
- Following Instructions and Procedures (1)
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Internal candidates may be given preference over external candidates. The term “Internal” refers to all personnel with an ongoing employment relationship with UNICEF, including staff members on a continuing, fixed term and temporary appointment, individual contractors and full-time time-based consultants, and UNV.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Job date: Thu, 29 Apr 2021 03:31:01 GMT
Apply for the job now!