ঢাকার চাকরির খবর
Job title: Programme Policy Officer (Country Capacity Strengthening) NOA Dhaka
Company: World Food Programme
Job description: Job Summary
To address the above, the Country Office is seeking a Programme Policy Officer (Country Capacity Strengthening (CCS) to provide support to its CCS policy and programme activities. The incumbent will work under the close support and guidance National School Feeding Coordinator and will receive guidance and regular feedback on work performed; he/she will be involved in programme or policy activities or similar nature and analytical work of limited complexity.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive):
The incumbent will be responsible for carrying out the following tasks and responsibilities.
– Oversee the planning and organization of knowledge management and sharing activities related to the implementation of school feeding, including the development of the Research and Development Centre for School Feeding;
– Undertake the design and implementation of learning processes, in particular through
– the analysis and use of evidence, data and evaluation;
– documentation, capture and drafting of technical lessons learned across various school feeding areas;
– and the facilitation of multi-stakeholder workshops with technical units, decentralized offices, and partners on the identification, documentation of best practices.
– Oversee the production and dissemination of social safety-net, school feeding, and nutrition learning, knowledge products and/or analytical reports;
– Coordinate the maintenance of relevant knowledge platform(s) with relevant content and activities;
– Engage with external partners and technical WFP units to establish relevant collaboration mechanisms with the knowledge platforms, including through the development of joint knowledge sharing activities;
– Design and conduct face-to-face and virtual capacity building/information sharing and/or lessons learning activities related to social safety-net, school feeding, and nutrition, involving relevant stakeholders and technical experts from FAO and other external partners.
– Follow CCS data gathering and monitoring systems ensuring that rigorous quality standards are maintained.
– Contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reporting on CCS programmes and activities that enable informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
– Liaise with internal counterparts to ensure effective collaboration, monitor ongoing CCS projects.
– Other as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
EDUCATION: Advanced University degree in International Development, International Relations, Anthropology, Sociology, Social Research Methods, or other field relevant to international development assistance, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
– 5 or more years of professional experience related to national development programmes, policies, strategies or plans and institutional structures, preferably in relation to national capacity building for education, food security and nutrition;
– 3 years of professional experience related to knowledge management, including: designing and implementing effective learning activities, managing knowledge-sharing events, identifying and curating technical content, documenting and sharing learning by engaging partners and learning champions;
Language : Fluent in English and Bangla.
– Has gained experience in implementing capacity strengthening programmes;
– Has implemented capacity strengthening programmes and provided input into designing capacity strengthening programmes.
– Has provided input into policy discussions and decisions, on or related to capacity strengthening;
– Has solid knowledge of key national policies, contexts and issues;
– Has experience in establishing contacts and liaising with the Government, partner organisations and companies; and
– Previous experience working in an International Organisation and/or UN organisation is desirable.
TECHNICAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
– Good understanding of Agenda 2030 and of SDG2, SDG 4 and SDG17 and respective targets and how the work of WFP can contribute to achieving them;
– Excellent English writing ability. Ability to write and translate documents into Bangla strongly desired;
– Basic familiarity with key concepts and principles in capacity-strengthening and effective knowledge transfer models, concepts and principles relevant to humanitarian/emergency contexts;
– Basic familiarity with the mandate of WFP, programme and project lifecycle tools, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation desirable;
– Good operational, analytical and problem-solving skills;
– Strong data analysis skills;
– Demonstrated ability to produce quality written outputs;
– Ability to confidently present in English and Bangla; and
– Excellent computer literacy, experience creating compelling communication products desired.
OTHER SOFT SKILLS:
– Ability to develop and maintain networks with a variety of stakeholders;
– Emerging facilitation skills sufficient to support workshops and group discussions;
– Ability to convey an informed and professional demeanour towards partners and stakeholders;
– Flexibility to adapt individual contributions to changing contexts and needs;
– Ability to participate in open dialogue and value diverse opinions, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment;
– Willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work;
– Ability to work independently in a timely and organised manner; and
– Ability to work in a team and multi-task as needed.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Type of Contract: Fixed Term (FT) NOA
Contract Duration: Twelve (12) months
No. of position: One (01)
Experience Any experience .
Job date: Tue, 06 Apr 2021 23:45:43 GMT
Apply for the job now!