এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Project Coordinator- Innovation and Scaling
Job description: Job Context
- Caritas Bangladesh (CB), Cox`s Bazar office is looking for a suitable candidate for an immediate appointment as well as to prepare panel list for Emergency Response to the Forcibly Displaced People of Myanmar and Host Community -Cox`s Bazar District in Bangladesh.
- Job Summary:
- The Project Coordinator- Innovation and Scaling will work with close cooperation and coordination with Homes and Community (H&C) team including CRS-Technical advisor (Shelter & Settlements), Shelter Manager (ERP) and CB-H&C Adviser to provide full time support and assist in innovation activities including research, study and piloting of Caritas Bangladesh`s (CB) Homes and Community/shelter and settlement programs alternative approaches and use/test of different shelter materials in different context , building upon CB`s past experiences so that CB continue to be recognized for their expertise and leadership in the Shelter/NFI sector of Cox`s bazar as well as all over the Bangladesh. This will be achieved by demonstrating and strengthening CB`s capacity at national and regional level to deliver high quality programs for emergency response, recovery, development and disaster risk reduction. And continues in creating evidence and sharing that to different stakeholders for scaling and adaptation of results of innovation and piloting. Project Coordinator- Innovation and scaling will be responsible to complete and provide support for ongoing piloting of Homes and community such as Community based approach, earthen construction prototypes and Jutin materials piloting projects in the camps/host community at Cox`s Bazar.
- With support from CB Homes and Community Adviser, CRS-Technical advisor (Shelter & Settlements) and Shelter Manager, the Project Coordinator will be responsible for implementing and gathering information/evidence related to research, study and innovation for the Homes and Communities/shelter & settlements program, which will promote homes and community`s stands such as community based approaches, use of alternative local materials, local technique, vernacular architecture, Operation & Maintenance of MPDS and cash & market approaches etc. This will involve developing and promoting sustainable solutions for the Bangladesh context, and providing research and evidence to support the approaches. The coordinator will be responsible for assisting to develop a learning agenda for innovative ideas, maintain learning alliances with academic and other research partners, such as Shelter Sector-CXB, Shelter Cluster, HBRI, BUET and CRAterre, ICDDRB and to ensure an effective systems and support of innovation, knowledge management and dissemination.
- The Project Coordinator-Innovation and scaling will provide support for innovation & piloting including creation and preservation of evidence & scale up on Homes and Community, to maintain and enhance homes and community lens within the CB`s staff, and support to position CB to have influence within the sector. This will include active participation within coordination platforms, such as the Shelter Cluster, and other forum and networks. He or she will be engaged for three projects initially:
- Homes and Community:
- Caritas Bangladesh with technical support from CRS is working on a Homes and Communities project focused on sustainable solutions, localization and coordination & collaboration. The project engages Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET) and CRATerre in research and evidence building on local building materials and technology and the community-based approach.
- Piloting jutin houses:
- Caritas Bangladesh and CRS with technical support from ICDDRB planned to pilot shelters using jutin sheet in the host community and Rohingya camps of Ukhiya upazila under Cox`s Bazar to better understand the aspects of durability, health and safety, comfort, privacy and security, and effectiveness.
- Piloting mud houses:
- Caritas Bangladesh with technical support from CRS will demonstrate earth application for housing solutions in the host community and Rohingya camps of Ukhiya upazila under Cox`s Bazar. CRAterre will provide remote support, as a complement to field activities to be carried out by a National expert in collaboration with CB and CRS teams, the shelter / NFI Sector.
- Details of Position:
- Position : Project Coordinator- Innovation & Scaling
- Age : Maximum 40 years-as on 30.09.2021 (Flexible for the experienced candidates)
- Bonus : As per organizational policy
- Job Nature : Temporary
- Program Support and Implementation:
- Assist and Support in assessment as part of innovative program development in coordination with other sector and actors.
- Develop and ensure Detail Implementation Plan (DIP) and revise the same when necessary
- Provide technical support to the field staff for efficient and timely implementation of innovations projects.
- Ensure proper coordination for efficient and timely implementation of innovations included in the projects with ERP and H&C team including other stakeholders.
- Provide support in shelter and settlement program design including BoQ, relevant technical, operations, HR, and budget inputs for current and new proposals.
- Responsible for implementation of piloting earthen construction as alternative shelter materials, Jutin pilot project and CBA with support and coordination With ERP team and H&C team.
- Provide the MEAL information, progress data management and performance of pilot projects and approaches with MEAL system protocols of ERP and H&C. Support in Reflection sessions/ Lessons learning for the innovation projects and approaches
- Report writing of events like trainings, workshops, seminars etc. And Prepare donor reports, lesson learnt documentation for pilot projects,
- Organize and facilitate, meetings, trainings & workshops for the staff, community, mason/carpenters etc.
- Support to the interns/consultants/donors on their field visit and study and trouble shoot the administrative issues with guidance from H&C team.
- Leade community consultation meetings, assessment, identifying beneficiaries including site selection in the host communities / camps & Taking approval from Government authorities
- Ensure supervision, Monitoring & Coordination with the field level supervisors & engineers on regular basis
- Development of PR and Follow up with Procurement team to ensure quality materials in time
- Ensure labor/mason/carpenter engagement from the pilot areas communities with proper orientation
- Support in Innovation and scaling up Ideas:
- Ensure and support to dissemination of learnings from research, Study and learning activities to a variety of audiences of Cox’s bazar and ERP program including events organized and hosted by Caritas Bangladesh.
- Facilitate and share learning from research, Study and learning activities of a H&C and to encourage the participation of key actors, including the organization of events.
- As required, to represent Caritas at events in Bangladesh and regionally including Shelter Forums, Sector, Cluster and other platforms and forums.
- Develop key relationships and partnerships with key actors within Cox’s bazar , including govt, NGO, Universities and other institutions
- Support to H&C Adviser, CRS-Technical advisor (Shelter & Settlements),Shelter Manager and Head of Program to provide necessary information to donors and other stakeholders as well as all compliances of research and scaling up process.
- Knowledge management, Learning and Communication:
- Provide support and sharing leaning from research, Study and learning activities for H&C knowledge management HUB and Focal Point initiatives.
- Ensure to maintain H&C knowledge management protocols and system at field level and closely work with H&C knowledge management team.
- Assist to develop for knowledge product such as newsletter, case/success story, external communication materials and others.
- Participate in different meeting, discussion, seminars, workshops, campaigns, trainings related to innovation projects and disseminate evidence/research/ Lessons learned from pilot projects and approaches.
- Maintain contact, liaison, network and coordination within CXB level shelter forum, Sectors, Clusters and other platform.
- Capacity building:
- Organize capacity building event for CB program staff to maintain and develop Caritas H&C Shelter and settlement innovative capacity, monitoring and data management system.
- Design and Development of facilitation of capacity building initiatives such as curriculum, training, simulation and other learning experience.
- Collect, collate and access existing Caritas and other shelter and settlements resources and create suitable repositories for this information.
- Capitalizing H&C with integrating S&S innovations including DRR.
- Develop networking and representation skills development.
- BSc in Civil Engineering/ B Architecture/ urban planning from any recognized University. Master’s degree in Civil Engineering/ Architecture/Urban planning will be preferred.
- Moreover Project Management Research, innovation and Piloting experience in the community led housing sector will add additional value.
- 3 to 4 year(s)
- Minimum 3-4 years of hands-on experience in the similar job in any reputed organizations. Experience in working on Cash distribution and awareness raising Program in emergency programs is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge on ICT particularly on MS Excel, MS Word (both Bangla & English), Power Point etc., is essential.
- Knowledge and practice on AutoCAD is essential.
- Creative thinker and problem solver.
- Excellent leadership, coordination, capacity building, planning and analytical skills.
- Should be fluent in communication both in writing and speaking in English language.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication, coordination and training/facilitation skills.
- Should have persistence when face difficult problems or challenges.
- Should be self-driven and positive to work in a team.
- Should have “can do’ attitude and able to handle multiple tasks managing priorities.
- Committed to work following organizational aims, values, principal and policies.
Cox’s Bazar (Ukhia)
- 75,000 BDT (Consolidated) per month.
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.
Location: Ukhia, Chittagong
Job date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 07:23:02 GMT