- The year 1995 was the beginning of a new era of disability movement in Bangladesh striving for equal rights and to ensure social justice. In this year, Action on Disability and Development (ADD), a UK based organization started to work with the objective of forming a national level federation of grassroots level and district level Disabled People`s Organizations (DPOs), where the persons with disabilities come together to raise their voice for their rights and inclusion in the society.
- National Grassroots Disability Organization (NGDO) was formed as national apex body of grassroots DPOs in July 2004 as culmination of 10 years of ADD`s effort. ADD started its activities in Bangladesh in 1995 through working in a union (comprising of 14 villages) under Mirpur thana of Kushtia district. At the initial stage, ADD encouraged the grassroots persons with disabilities to form and join groups as a process of inclusion by removing attitudinal, environmental and institutional discrimination from the society. The ADD facilitated the grassroots DPOs to expand gradually its movement from Union to District and finally at national level through formation of the NGDO. From its inception, NGDO has been coordinating and implementing its activities from national level to local level in collaboration with its member organizations.
- As mentioned earlier, NGDO is a national level network of 104 grassroots DPOs working to promote rights and inclusion of people with disabilities in Bangladesh. It works in 27 out of 64 districts in Bangladesh which contain over30,000 active members. As a leading network of DPOs, NGDO attributed many successes in having built good linkages with government, civil society organizations, NGOs and the media, which in turn contributed to the acceptance of people with disabilities within wider society.
- National Grassroots Disability Organization (NGDO) in Partnership with Action on Disability and Development international (ADD) and National Council of Disabled Women (NCDW) with financial support from European Union will be implementing a three years project titled Promoting Representation and Participation of Persons with Disabilities in Local Governance and Development in Bangladesh as a Strategy for their Social, Political and Economic Empowerment (PRPDLG). The project will be implementing in Patuakhali by ADD, Bogra by NGDO and Rangpur by NCDW. The project will be recruiting one positions to be filled up immediately by NGDO.
- The job holder will be responsible for implementing project action/activities, financial monitoring and management, budgeting and expenditure tracking, reporting coordination and overall management of the project activities as per agreement for the project.
- Project: Promoting Representation and Participation of Persons with Disabilities in Local Governance and Development in Bangladesh as a Strategy for their Social, Political and Economic Empowerment (PRPDLG)
- Project duration: 1st January 2018 to 31st December 2020.
- Project area: Bogra
- Job Station: Dhaka
- Overall management of the project activities as per guidance of the project
- Prepare Project Implementation Plan (PIP) as per project task chart and implement at the field level with selected DPOs
- Oversee project finance, budget and expenditure tracking and prepare project progress narrative and financial reports as needed
- Staff supervision and appraisal of the performance
- Organize regular team meeting and also attending various meetings as directed
- Oversee the monitoring and achievement tracking and prepare reports
- Participate in the baseline survey and prepare report
- Keep liaison with Field Operation Manager and work guidance
- Maintain liaison and update the partner organization’s governance structure
- Regular field visit and provide technical support to the field team members
- Master’s degree in Development Studies/ Social Science or in any other relevant discipline from a reputed University.
- 3 to 5 year(s)
- Personal Competencies:
- Strong background on project management
- Good understanding of Disability Rights and legal instruments, National and International declarations and emerging issues on disability
- Good understanding about DPOs and working attitude with PWDs
- Ability to identify and articulate/present programme/project work at various forums
- Ability to work in team and adopts a team style which adds value to work and reinforces good working practices.
- Have proficiency in facilitation skills and can effectively handles discussions with a focus on both groups and individuals
- Cross-culturally adept and gender sensitive
- Professional experience in national development NGOs for at least 3- 5 years in similar positions, previous working experiences with EU projects in similar position will be added value. Working with disable people organization is added value
- Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Extensive knowledge and understanding on global and national disability issues, national and global disability rights legal instruments
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well as a part of a team and to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff members and stakeholders
- Good understanding about financial management and budget preparation and variance analysis
- Good understanding of Logical Framework and monitoring the indicator achievement
- Good analytical writing skills in both Bengali and English
- Advance computer skills including working with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and others as appropriate.
Application process (আবেদনের প্রক্রিয়া):
1. Read job summery carefully to see if the required qualifications match with you.(চাকরির বিজ্ঞাপন এবং জব সামারি ভালোভাবে পড়ে দেখুন কাঙ্খিত যোগ্যতা আপনার সাথে মিলছে কিনা)
2. Click the learn to get the application form. (Learn more.. বাটনটি ক্লিক করে আবেদন ফর্মটি খুলুন )
3. Fill out the given form with correct information (সঠিক তথ্য দ্বারা ফর্ম পূরণ করুন)
চাকরির আবেদন ফর্ম পূরণ করার ক্ষেত্রে বা অন্য যেকোনো সমস্যা আমাদের কমেন্টে জানান।অথবা আমাদের ফেসবুক পেইজে যোগাযোগ করুন।
Stay connected with us in our facebook, instagram or twitter group to get the latest job post as early as we publish here. Also we would ask you to please share this with your friends and others who are also looking for a job to help them finding their desire jobs.
We wish you all the best for this job.
Stay connected and let’s grow together.