এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Project Manager
Job description: Job Context
A reputed NGO in Barishal is going to implement “Responding to Climate Change and COVID19 Crisis in vulnerable urban slam of Barisal District, Bangladesh” Project under Climate Bridging Fund. To ensure the effective management and efficient delivery of the project Responding to Climate Change and COVID19 Crisis in vulnerable urban slam of Barisal District, Bangladesh”. This is through staff, and by ensuring strong participation with city corporations, different service providers including the private sector, and others. The project manager will ensure efficient program planning and will assist in identifying interventions which can contribute to the objectives and sustainability of the program. The position will also ensure that the service providers are accountable to and work proactively for the effective delivery of the project in the city including the low-income communities. One of the key challenges for the position is to create an enabling environment with City Corporation for their engagement to provide effective result for the slum community.
- Review the project proposal, budget, targets, key performance indicators and ensure that the planning is realistic (Measurable, Reportable & Verifiable), both in terms of budget and implementation.
- Develop a detailed city specific support plan both yearly and multi-year jointly with the city authority and other stakeholders.
- Oversee all project activities and be the main contact point for the donor and the field staff
- Provide input and update information related to project outcome at organization website.
- Guide and lead the project team to achieve specific goals, objectives and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) of the project.
- Ensure that work is appropriately delegated and staff members are empowered to carry out tasks independently where appropriate to their skills and capacity.
- Ensure efficient project management procedures are implemented to enable monitoring of projects and accurate reporting of progress.
- Mobilize City Support Structure (City Corporation), Private Sector and other stakeholders) to be more responsive to the needs of the effective delivery of the project.
- Ensure strict adherence to organization ethics, policy and pro-actively encourage transparency and openness in all activities.
- Ensure procurement and contracts are prepared and issued to standards and procedures/ in-country legal frameworks / funder requirements and are managed effectively.
- Financial and budget control of selected tasks and components and coordinating with the donor Finance Manager regarding budget control and financial progress;
- Retain an entrepreneurial approach to deliver the project, proposing creative solutions, reducing inhibiting business factors and looking for market-based solutions in coordination with the concern project staff.
- Support the collection and accurate reporting of impact data related to the project as guided by the M&E Manager, Research and Learning team; supporting and advising them on their studies, visits and research.
- Build strong relationship with Barishal City Corporation authorities and arrange field visit and regular progress review meeting by them
- Have regular interactions with the concerned department of the Barishal City Corporation /utility members and update them about the program.
- Learn good practices from other cities/ organizations and reflect in the program.
- Represent implementing NGO, building and maintaining relationships and partnerships with relevant service providers, government, national and international development partners, local stakeholders and communities, private sector and funder representatives for effective implementation of the project
- Contribute to public communication, strong and positive brand visibility and recognition of implementing agency.
- Pay regular field visit to intervention areas to observe progress, with a focus on ensuring ‘quality’.
- Prepare program progress reports (Monthly and Quarterly) based on a structured M&E framework including contributing to the fortnightly progress reports (to PD), and review financial report and provide necessary feedback.
- Ensure quality monitoring data collection from the field and timely reporting.
- Assist for Recruitment of Project Staff (as and when required)
- Performance Management
- Coaching & mentoring
- Staff Development: develop plans for capacity-building of the project team to enable the team to be more self-standing in the future.
- Support effective communications and joint working within the team and with other teams across the organization.
- Any other task assigns by authorities from time to time.
- Work at office
- Master of Social Science (MSS)
- Development Studies
- Skills Required: Computer skill, Excellent communication skill, Project Management, Reporting and Documentation, Team Leading
- At least 10 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
Climate Change, Community Development, water sanitation and hygiene
- Age 35 to 50 years
- Work with local administration and city corporation
- Work with slum dwellers
Tk. 50000 – 55000 (Monthly)
Compensation & Other Benefits
- T/A, Mobile bill, Tour allowance
- Salary Review: Yearly
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.
Expected salary: 50000 – 55000 per month
Job date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 04:14:01 GMT