এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Project Manager
Job description: Job Context
Community Development Center (CODEC) invites applications for the above mentioned position for “Safe Aqua Farming for Economic and Trade Improvement (SAFETI) Project” funded by USDA with technical support from Winrock International in Bangladesh. The goal of the project is to increase aquaculture productivity by improving production and management of hatcheries and farms in the shrimp and prawn value chains and expand trade of aquaculture products by a range of activities that include improving quality and building the capacity of trade associations and relevant government organizations.
- The overall responsibility of this position is to provide technical and management support to the upazila SAFETI teams, coordinate with Winrock technical team and CODEC micro finance team to ensure effective planning and implementation of field level activities, deliverables and milestones for increasing farm productivity of shrimp/prawn farmers in the selected upazilas and districts as per agreement with SAFETI, Winrock international.Under the direct supervision of Executive Director, CODEC and technical guidance of SAFETI District Manager,s/he will closely work with Aquaculture Development Officer (ADO) and other technical specialists of Winrock and relevant Directors/Managers of microfinance of CODEC to ensure quality program delivery including linking farmers with technical and appropriate financial services and quality inputs especially shrimp/prawn PL/Juvenile for improving shrimp and prawn productivity.The PM will also have to oversee day-to-day office administrative tasks, monitor program quality and document and report progress regularly to the SAFETI and CODEC management.
- Program planning and implementation:
- Select potential working area/cluster (Upazila, union and village) jointly with ADO, UAEM and with the support of microfinance team.
- Identify and contribute in developing appropriate dissemination strategies for improved technology for project direct farmers based on the geographic context, existing infrastructure facilities and farmer’s practices.
- Develop annual and monthly work plan for SAFETI direct beneficiary farmers which includes farmer selection, clustering, trainings, demonstrations, linkage meetings/FFDs for quality inputs and financial services of respective district and upazila in consultation with SAFETI team.
- Lead timely implementation of planned activities and ensure program quality through regular field visit and supervision
- Work closely with CODEC microfinance team for designing and disbursing appropriate loan packages to the SAFETI direct beneficiary farmers for boosting adoption of semi-intensive farming practices including leasing & reconstructing ghers, establish appropriate biosecurity, stocking quality PL/Juvenile, feeding.
- Supervise the technical and financial grants as per CODEC, Winrock and USDA policies
- Organize/facilitate necessary meetings/workshops for staffs/stakeholders at local /regional level.
- Organize field visits for internal/external visitors as necessary/requested
- Participate in the relevant training courses/ meetings/ workshops.
- Support SAFETI technical staff of various expertise, monitoring Officer and Finance people to perform their responsibilities.
- Coordination and liaison:
- Work closely and ensure coordination with SAFETI district teams in planning and implementation of activities
- Maintain coordination with CODEC microfinance managers and other staffs and Winrock SAFETI team during working area/cluster and direct beneficiary farmers’ selection process
- Represent SAFETI project at district and Upazila level in monthly NGO coordination meeting
- Maintain close liaison with local administration, public departments (DoF), private sectors including shrimp/prawn hatcheries, feed traders, buyers for establishing effective coordination and achieving SAFETI goal.
- Monitoring and Reporting :
- Ensure timely progress and quality delivery of activities adopting various measures and tools Conduct regular field visit to direct beneficiary farmer groups/clusters to understand the status of implementation.
- Monitor efficiency and effectiveness of program delivery and track progress against the milestones.
- Collect, compile and preserve all program relevant data and information
- Produce reports (monthly, quarterly, half yearly and annual) and other information/documents as required.
- Coordinate proper monitoring, documentation and regular reporting for Winrock and CODEC management.
- Overall supervision of the CODEC team members recruited under SAFETI project for proper implementation of the activities in field level.
- Responsible for implement activities in accordance with project and/or activities budget.
- Maintain appropriate branding and compliance of program implementation and expenditure.
- Manage and coordinate initiatives for staff capacity building and plan and assess performance.
- Provide support/supervision to both financial & human resources monitoring of upazila teams.
- Other duties as required and assigned by the supervisor and project management
- Master’s/Bachelor degree in Fisheries/Aquaculture with honors from any reputed university
- 8 to 10 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
Program Officer/ Manager, Project Coordinator/ Officer * The applicants should have experience in the following business area(s):
- Age 30 to 45 years
- Both males and females are allowed to apply
- Minimum 8-10 years’ experience in supervising and implementing aquaculture activities; preference will be given to those have experience in shrimp and prawn sector. Working in southwest region will be added value.
- Proven management skill with national NGO or donor funded project.
- Demonstrated success in project planning, staff supervision, financial management, program monitoring, and report writing.
- Previous experience of working with multi-stakeholders including local administration, government departments, private sector and other aquaculture value chain actors, commercial and microcredit lenders. A strong understanding of market based approaches is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and mentoring skills to work effectively with partners/clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including speaking and presentation.
- Computer literacy particularly in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Willing to work at remote areas in the district. Able to ride motor bike and should have valid driving license.
Tk. 60000 – 64000 (Monthly)
Compensation & Other Benefits
- As per organizations rules.
Expected salary: 60000 – 64000 per month
Location: Bagerhat, Khulna
Job date: Thu, 01 Oct 2020 23:27:15 GMT
Apply for the job now!