এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Project Manager-Atlas Storage
Job description: Job Context
- HI has been working in Bangladesh since 1997, with a focus on creating sustainable changes in terms of ensuring the rights and inclusion of people with disabilities in society. HI is an independent and impartial aid organization working in situations of poverty, exclusion, conflict, and disaster throughout Bangladesh. With projects in different districts of the country, HI works not only with people with disabilities and other vulnerable populations, but also with their families, their communities, and local humanitarian actors in order to respond to their essential needs, improve their living conditions, promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights, and provide sustainability in its action. As one of the key organizations in the disability sector, HI has a wide range of projects which assist to promote the inclusion of persons with disabilities and their issues in emergency and development contexts, build capacities of local stakeholders, and reduce the impact of natural and human-made disasters. Particularly in Cox`s Bazar district, HI is providing services in rehabilitation, MH/PSS, SRH, protection and inclusive education with an inclusion mainstreaming approach to refugees and host population affected by the forcibly displaced undocumented Myanmar nationals. HI`s multi-sectoral mobile units (MU) and static approach are currently working in 15 camps located in both Teknaf and Ukhiya Upazilas and surrounding host areas providing comprehensive services in physical rehabilitation, primary health care, protection, and MH/PSS.
- HI is currently implementing development and humanitarian response project in Kurigram, Sitakindu, and Cox`s Bazar district through 4 project offices (Kurigram, Sitakundu, Ukhiya, and Teknaf) and 2 coordination offices( Dhaka and Cox Bazar).
- Operational Thematic: Livelihood, Health and Rehabilitation, Protection, Inclusion, Education and Atlas Logistic
- Number of staffs: Around 283 National staffs and 9 international staffs
- HI is currently looking for a Project Manager-Atlas Storage under the ATLAS Logistique project. The Project Manager-Atlas Storage will provide day-to-day management of the logistics platform – Atlas Storage – project ensuring the project activities are implemented in line with an agreed plan as well as approved donor proposal and budget.
- Whilst there is an (International) Senior Project Manager-Atlas Storage to ensure an oversight and technical support of the logistics platform – Atlas Storage project, the National Project Manager-Atlas Storage will track the budget and the day-to-day field operation. In addition, the Project Manager-Atlas Storage will provide support to the Senior Project Manager-Atlas Storage in the development of new proposals and strategical documents.
- Job Location: Teknaf under Cox`s Bazar district.
- Line Manager: Senior Project Manager-Atlas Storage
- Type of Contract: Fixed-term
- Duration of the Contract: From as early as possible to 30 September 2021 with the possibility of an extension.
- Objective-1: Project Design, Planning, and Implementation
- Create training courses related to the logistics and preparedness sector (stock management cyclone preparedness drills) and lead training sessions of several days for all stakeholders (NGO, suppliers, handlers).
- In close collaboration with the line Manager, lead the development of annual, monthly, and weekly activity plans (using the PM-Box tool) ensuring that the proposed plans will contribute to achieving the proposed project results and intended impact.
- Oversee the day-to-day implementation of the field activities, ensuring they are conducted in line with agreed proposals and plans (quality and timely implementation).
- Ensure that project is implemented following internal quality standards and, proposes adjustments to meet determined objectives in collaboration with his/her line manager, MEAL, and Technical unit.
- Prepare weekly movements plan for your project team and submit to the Logistics team on a timely basis.
- Ensure that the project team responds as efficiently as possible to storage requests from partner organizations.
- Control that the project team stores organizations’ goods according to storage standards.
- Ensure with the support of the team that all the tools (e.g. Databases operational, handlers attendance sheet…) are functioning and up to date according to partner requests.
- Control and validate all documentation relating to activities to ensure donor compliance.
- Control the proper archiving system of activities documentation.
- Establish and follow a good training implementation plan for partners and handlers.
- Continuously develop and improve management tools to make activities more efficient.
- Objective-2: Supply of Project Inputs and Budget Management
- In close collaboration with the Supply team, prepare the Supply Plan for your project in line with the donor budget and the activity plan.
- As a budget holder, ensure that expenditures are in line with agreed project plans and budget and ensure that resources are optimally utilized
- Prepare necessary documents for the procurement and supply of the project inputs (eg. Supply Request) and ensure a close follow-up with the Supply team to contribute to a timely and quality delivery of the necessary items in line with the Supply plan
- Revise the monthly General Ledger (GL) and Budget Follow-up prepared by the Finance team and provide meaningful feedback (flagging misallocations and other potential mistakes) on a timely basis.
- Provide a revised monthly budget forecast
- Prepare the quarterly review with a presentation of the project achievements
- Controls handlers’ payment documents and ensures that payments are made twice a month
- Requires support from HI’s technical team (Accessibility team) for all the construction work carried out on the storage platforms.
- With the support of the logistics team, ensure that the land rental contracts are up to date and anticipate amendments to the contracts.
- Objective-3: Project Monitoring and Reporting
- Contribute to qualitative follow-up of the beneficiaries and document the follow-up according to the monitoring plan and technical guidelines.
- Participate in the Project Review meeting facilitated by the Operations Managers and/or Atlas Manager leading to lessons learning and capitalization.
- With the project teams, archive and input data, recordings, and documents relating to the project’s activity;
- Participate in the development of the donor intermediate and final reports.
- Produce donor monthly reports.
- Participate in the development of the donor proposal for new projects.
- Objective-4: Team Management
- In close collaboration with the HR team, participate in the recruitment of the Project staff members through the preparation of the necessary documentation (JD, JR, etc,), a close follow-up of the recruitment process, and active participation in the recruitment panels.
- Under the supervision of the Atlas Project Manager, ensure that the work in the project team is well planned and divided amongst the project team members so that the program achieves its objectives and ensure that each team member has appropriate workloads and work efficiently.
- Ensure that Objectives and Individual action plans are set up with staff directly line managed at the beginning of their contracts.
- Ensure that formal appraisals and feedback are provided to the staff directly line managed according to HR policy
- Develop a capacity building plan of the staffs
- Support each member of the team in their daily activities to improve their skills
- Ensuring that the various tools (ATLAS Logistique and donors Database) are properly applied and updated.
- Ensure the team respects HI policies and protection guidelines to engage with beneficiaries, especially with children, adolescents, and women, in line with HI and donor PSEAH, Child Protection, and other relevant policies.
- Ensure the respect of the working hours of the team members and the accuracy of the monthly timesheets.
- Ensure that handlers respect HI policies and protection guidelines, and facilitate their capacity building.
- Objective-5: Internal and External coordination/Representation
- Participate in any relevant internal coordination meetings with the Technical Unit, other project teams, and support teams (such as base coordination meetings)
- Ensure proper communication/coordination/information with team members, team leaders, other project managers, and other departments
- Communicate with authorities, partners, and other stakeholders on the project activities, in close link with his/her line manager
- Under delegation of his/her line manager, represents the organization towards relevant authorities and coordination mechanisms
- Participate in the Logistics Sector meeting each month and/or ensure that a member of the Atlas team is present.
- Objective-6: Safety and security
- Timely report security-related information to Field Coordinator
- Contributes to the respect of HI security rules
- Work at office
- Masters degree in Business Administration preferably in Management, Logistics/Operations Management, Procurement/Supply Chain Management, or other most relevant disciplines.
- At least 3 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
Logistics Management, Operations, Storage, Supply Chain Management and Procurement * The applicants should have experience in the following business area(s):
Development Agency, NGO
- Age at least 30 years
- At least 3 years of most relevant work experience.
- At least 03 years experience in the storage sector.
- Working experience with International NGOs, National NGOs, Development agencies, UN agencies, Humanitarian organizations is preferable.
- Excellent facilitation skills (facilitation of training, awareness session, communication with the community).
- Knowledge of humanitarian aid project management tools (project cycle, etc).
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Capacity to manage teams while strengthening their competencies and autonomy.
- Forward planning and decision-making.
- Adaptability and comprehension.
- Ability to work under pressure (heavy workload on occasion, temporary deterioration in the security situation).
- English language skills are mandatory.
- IT skills (Windows).
- Commitment to humanitarian aid and its values. Strong focus on the principles of ‘Not harm”, “Accountability” and “Community acceptance”.
- Person with disability are encouraged to apply
Cox’s Bazar (Teknaf)
- Tk. 116255 – 123249 (Monthly)
- Hardship Allowance will be added in addition to working in Cox`s Bazar District.
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Mobile bill, Tour allowance, Medical allowance, Provident fund, Weekly 2 holidays, Insurance, Gratuity
- Festival Bonus: 2
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.
Expected salary: 116255 – 123249 per year
Location: Teknaf, Chittagong
Job date: Thu, 20 May 2021 04:06:19 GMT