এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Project Manager – Inclusive development for an improved quality of life for people with disabilities
Job description: Job Context
- Background: DRRA is one of the largest development organizations in the field of disability in Bangladesh, devoted to the inclusive society and operating programs in 30 districts with implementing partners. It is working to make positive changes in the lives of persons with disabilities through creating an enabling environment and inclusive society. DRRA is promoting multi-sector Community-based Rehabilitation (CBR) which covers the key domains of well-being: health, education, livelihood, social inclusion and the empowerment of persons with disabilities and their families.
- DRRA is going to appoint one Project Manager to implement its` project named “Inclusive development for an improved quality of life for people with disabilities` supported by BMZ, Germany started from 1st December 2020. The project aims to promote the empowerment and empowerment of people with disabilities, to increase the knowledge of stakeholders and to provide needs-based services to the most disadvantaged. This project will focus on three issues (1) Public awareness and knowledge about the needs and rights of people with disabilities is improved, (2) The capacities of DPOs, local government representatives and private sector associations are strengthened with regard to the implementation of the Enforcement of Disability Right and Protection Act 2013. (3) The access of persons with disabilities to health, education and income-generating activities is improved; (4) Local government administrations are aware of the rights and needs of persons with disabilities.
- Job Summary: The Project Manager will be responsible for overall management of the project by leading all aspects of planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of the project as per DRRA and donor guidelines and standards. S/He will be responsible for day to day monitoring of the progress of the implementation of activities and tracking the achievements targeted in Logical Framework and Operational Plan. The Project Manager will provide appropriate guidance to project staffs. S/he should also contribute to further development of the project, including project proposal writing, budget monitoring, and grants/fund management. He/she will be responsible for facilitating access of targeted persons with disabilities into mainstreaming services. He/she will also lead the process for capacity building of DPO members for equipped them to raise their voice on rights. He/she will lead other team members of the project to implement targeted project activities effectively, efficiently and properly.
- Type of the position: Contractual for 3 years with possibility of extension upon satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
- Project duration: 37 months (1st December 2020 to 31st December 2023)
- Reporting to: Thematic Team Laeder
- Direct supervision: 8-10 staffs
- Relationships: Multi-level stakeholders including beneficiaries, Health, Education and local government, project management and other relevant units.
- Duty Station: DRRA Head office, Dhaka with 30% Field visit.
- Manage and supervise project team at field level those are working under the assigned projects ;
- Facilitate to formulate project implementation plan together with team and other relevant stakeholders and execute as well;
- Facilitate the capacity building activities including training, workshops etc. of the project stakeholders including staff;
- Orient project staffs about the project and strategies of the project implementation;
- Ensure documentation of quality case stories, best practices, most significant changes and quality data of beneficiaries, changes and contextual information of local areas.
- Produce and ensure all reports of Capacity Building and other additional projects aligned with the project.
- Ensure timely entry all data into the prescribed software;
- Organize national level workshop/ seminar with relevant stakeholders on empowerment of the youth with disabilities.
- Track project expenditure against respective deliverables and manage budget; Maintain liaison with the donor agencies and meet donor compliances.
- Work at office
- Master’s degree in any discipline, preferably Development Studies/Masters of Social Science
- At least 5 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
NGO/ Other Services
- Age: 35-42 years
- At least 5 year(s) as a program staffs and 3 years managerial experiences of relevant field Experience in strategic planning, risk management and/or change management;
- Having advance level understanding on empowerment of the youth with disabilities and their rights, related contexts and inclusion of persons with disabilities at local, national and global level;
- Preference will be given to the candidates with working experience in disability-related projects. Excellent facilitation, coordination, team management, reporting and presentation skills.
- Ability to work and lead a multi-cultural team and meeting deadlines; Fluency in English language and proficiency in computer application;
- Good knowledge and handling of project and program management methodology and techniques; Experience in the use of office equipment, computer and analytical software packages along with MS word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Strong leadership capacity and management skills; The ability to find innovative ways to resolve problems;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including excellent correspondence skill with donor, partners and stakeholders.
Anywhere in Bangladesh
Tk. 75000 – 80000 (Monthly)
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Salary Review: Yearly
- Monthly consolidated salary along with other admissible benefits as per project budget and, or DRRA policy
Job date: Mon, 21 Dec 2020 08:51:11 GMT
Apply for the job now!