খুলনার চাকরির খবর
Job title: Project Manager- OFDA DRR Project
Job description: Job Context
- This position has overall responsibility for the management of all project activities and staff in Dacope, Koyra, Kaliganj and Shyamnagor Upazilas in Khulna and Shatikra Districts under Khulna Division.
- The Project Manager is accountable for the successful delivery of the goal and outcomes the project and will regularly report progress in achieving them. This position will ensure development of detailed implementation plan, budget preparation, coordination with Nobo Jatra project, coordination with key stakeholders such as local government, PIO and DRR implementing agencies, facilitating training & workshops.
- The project Manager, will be responsible for ensuring that the activity follows all MEAL guidelines and document all project reports.
- Project planning and implementation:
- Collaborate with both internal and external partners and stakeholders to ensure that risk reduction and preparedness structures are functional at the community level.
- Map critical interventions, linkages and coordination of project activities to meet the desired outcomes.
- Plan, manage, monitor and oversee the different steps and stages of project execution.
- Early warning, Disaster Risk Reduction and management systems are established and functional at the community level.
- Project resources (financial and human resources) are managed wisely for maximum project cost-effectiveness and efficiency.
- Prepare project reports (progress, financial, procurement, etc.) for management information, oversight and action in a timely manner.
- Project Management: (Accomplished the project activities as per design)
- Develop work plans, activity targets, budget, standards for measuring progress and results and determine the processes, tools and methodologies to be used to ensure effective and efficient project implementation and operations.
- Monitor progress and identify risks for timely action and early resolution.
- Plan and oversee the implementation of mid-term and other required project evaluation to address any design or implementation issues.
- Authorize and/or approve the appropriate use of human, financial, assets and other organizational resources.
- Determine technical inputs including staffing needs, approve terms of reference, establish performance objectives and standards and ensure timely and appropriate feedback, guidance and support to ensure optimum performance.
- Ensure compliance for all actions and activities with organizational rules, regulations, policies, strategies and internal control mechanisms and the achievement of results according to the principles of results based management (RBM).
- Policy advice and strategic technical guidance and leadership:
- Provide authoritative advice and technical guidance on project implementation and delivery. Initiate strategic discussions and contribute to senior level government debate to advocate and promote organizational issues, and agenda.
- Submit policy proposals, position papers and/or documents for internal and external strategic discussions, consideration, policy formulation and assessment and/or approval.
- Assess program impact and oversee the appropriateness and accuracy of methods used to verify progress and results. Develop innovative improvements to enhance performance.
- Advice WVB senior management on the direction, strategies and technical issues of the project
- Building strategic partnerships and alliance:
- Maintain dialogue with partners and stakeholders to advocate, promote and advance organizational issues, priorities, interests and competencies for a successful project and project delivery.
- Coordinate and collaborate with clients, partners and stakeholders to link and harmonize approaches and to promote common interests and achievement of results.
- Develop strategy and plan of action for resource mobilization to achieve optimum interests and funding.
- Technical implementation:
- Provide technical guidance in the implementation of DRR activities and adapt accordingly.
- Design and review strategies for community mobilization and update of ownership of DRR activities at the community level.
- Facilitate and leader stakeholder meetings on the development of the policies and activities to ensure compliance and success of the DRR project.
- Implement project methods and operational plans in accordance with the agreed DRR strategy. Ensure that all activities are developed in coordination with the relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure that environmental and sustainability issues are considered in the program design, in keeping with agency best practices and the guidelines.
- Staff Supervision and Development:
- Identify initial staffing needs and manage both the recruitment and onboarding of staff.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to direct reports and team members on program quality standards, management quality procedures and DRR best practices.
- Ensure that all staff receives formal performance planning, coaching, and assessment
- Supervise staff to ensure the timely, efficient, and impactful implementation of the grant. Set and follow up on deadlines for key steps.
- Assist staff to coordinate with external consultants and agencies as needed to complete project preparation.
- Master of Social Science (MSS), Master of Development Studies (MDS)
- International Studies, Management and Development related fields
- Skills Required: Ability to Work Under Pressure, Budget Monitoring, communication and interpersonal skill., Disaster Risk Reduction, international development, Strong communication skills
- At least 7 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
DRR, Management and Leadership, Monitoring and Reporting, People Management, Project Implementation, Project Management, Resources Management, strategic partnershisp, Strategic Planning, Supervision * The applicants should have experience in the following business area(s):
- Age at least 35 years
- At least 7 years of progressive responsibility managing teams over different operational geographic areas.
- At least 5 years managing USAID funded grants or multilateral donor funded projects.
- At least 7 years of progressively managing DRR activities in Bangladesh
- Excellent communication skills ( written and spoken in English and Bangla)
- Ability to draft and edit written reports in English
- Ability to develop detailed work plans, prioritize, and work under pressure.
- Ability to analyze evaluate and interpret factual data and prepare accurate and complete reports and other related documents
- Solid knowledge and experience in project management and financial resource management
- Good knowledge of GoB DRR institutional mandates, policies, and guidelines pertaining formulation of disaster management committees
- Experience working and maintaining relations with senior level GoB MoDMR officials
- Experience managing projects in complex working environments
- Ability to use computers and MS Office packages.
- Salary is fixed as per organizational structure and policy
Compensation & Other Benefits
- T/A, Mobile bill, Medical allowance, Provident fund, Weekly 2 holidays, Insurance, Gratuity
- Festival Bonus: 1
- Benefits are applicable as per organizational structure and policy.
Job date: Sat, 05 Sep 2020 03:24:11 GMT
Apply for the job now!