এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Project Officer (Livelihood) – USAID`s YES Activity program (National Position)
Job description: Job Context
- Report To: Deputy Programme Manager – USAID`s YES Activity program.
- Expected Start Date: At Earliest
- Contract length: One Year (With possibility of extension based on satisfactory Annual Performance Appraisal)
- About the USAID`s YES ACTIVITY Program:
- The objective of the project is to reduce the risk of conflict in Cox`s Bazar by creating sustainable, market oriented resilient livelihood opportunities for host communities. All interventions under the program`s outcomes will aim to contribute to a supportive environment for women and girls, while directly addressing barriers and challenging negative gender norms and perceptions with innovative approaches.
- Position Summary:
- Reporting to Deputy Programme Manager, the Programme Officer (Livelihood) contributes to the effective coordination and monitoring of livelihood activities under the Project to help create conditions conductive to the most vulnerable youth in the host community in Cox`s Bazar and to promote resilience-based development by providing implementing partners substantive inputs to programme design, formulation, implementation and evaluation. S/he guides and facilitates the delivery of YES programmes activities by monitoring results achieved during implementation and ensuring appropriate application of systems and procedures and develops enhancements if necessary. She/he is also responsible for coordinating with national partners and stakeholders in Cox`s Bazar. Based on the direction of the DPM, the Programme Officer works in close collaboration with the programme and operations teams in Cox`s Bazar office, Government officials, civil society and private sector ensuring successful RI YES programme implementation.
- Contribute technically to the development of the livelihood aspects in the programme design in the project, particularly considering context of development continuum and finding solutions which offer longer-term solutions
- Support implementing partners and provide substantive inputs to the design and formulation of programme activities and initiatives;
- Identify areas for support and intervention related to the project and liaise with the RI YES management team for advice and actions
- Coordinate and provide substantive technical support to the implementation of the project
- Coordinate with implementing partners and provide technical inputs to the overall work plan development and implementation according to programme documents
- Participate with RI team in training partners on Results-Based Management and monitor implementation.
- Provide technical assistance and capacity development to project partners
- Coordinate and provide technical support in the implementation of project activities.
- Coordinate relationships with partners to support implementation and expansion of the project.
- Identify capacity building needs and support partners through technical/ programming assistance, mentoring, training and capacity development initiatives, as needed.
- Provide technical inputs to the monitoring and reporting of the project
- Monitor progress of implementation of activities using results-based management tools, including conducting regular monitoring visits, as required.
- Draft reports on monitoring missions, project results, outputs and outcomes.
- Support efforts in building partnerships and resource mobilization strategies on livelihood programming opportunities
- Support partners in building partnerships with private sector and business owners to maintain the two different pathways for youth graduates; employment and entrepreneurship.
- Provide substantive inputs to resource mobilization strategies; analyze and maintain information and databases.
- Prepare relevant documentation such as project summaries, conference papers and briefing notes, to use while approaching different stakeholders.
- Participate in donor meetings and public information events, as delegated.
- Maintain regular communication with relevant government, business sector, CSO and other partners and facilitate information sharing, partnership on various information.
- Provide substantive inputs to advocacy, knowledge building and communication efforts
- Develop background documents, briefs and presentations related to the project.
- Coordinate and organize advocacy campaigns, events, trainings, workshops and knowledge products.
- Coordinate the development of knowledge management methodologies, and products of the project.
- Master degree (Social Science, relevant degree)
- At least 5 year(s)
- 5 years’ experience working in a similar job with INGO/NGO in Cox’s bazar is preferable
- Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Experience working in livelihood, job creation programming or relevant experiences.
- Experience in building strong community-based livelihood systems and service delivering in emergencies.
- Experience in developing partnerships with business sectors and employers.
- Strong background and skills in facilitating trainings, coaching and mentoring others.
- Competency in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel, power point.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels, taking into account cultural and language difficulties.
- Writing reports, case stories etc.
- Enthusiasm to learn
- Optimistic and friendly
- Language Skills: Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken in Bengali and English.
Location: Cox’s Bazar, Chittagong
Job date: Sat, 26 Sep 2020 06:26:22 GMT
Apply for the job now!