চট্রগ্রামের চাকরির খবর
Job title: Project Officer (Safe Migration)
Job description: Job Context
- Contract Duration: Initially for 01 Year with possibility of further 2 years depending on the performance and funding availability.
- Job Summary: Prottyashi, A social development organization has been working for the development of disadvantaged population of the country since its establishment and currently is going to implement a project to ensure safe, orderly and regular migration for the returnee migrants, migrant workers, potential migrants and their family members with the funding and technical support of Helvetas Bangladesh. Prottyashi invites applications for the vacant position titled- Project Officer (Safe Migration) for “Strengthened and Informative Migration Systems (SIMS)” Project.
- Reporting: Project Officer (Safe Migration) will report to Project Manager. S/He has to maintain functional relationship with his/her peers, project teams and organization`s other priority teams. S/He must be able to communicate with other teams and units both program and operational of the organization.
- Organize and supervise the activities related to promote safe migration in targeted 8 upazilas through direct field engagement.
- Support upazila coordinators and social mobilizers to select project beneficiaries e.g. returnee migrants, migrant households, potential migrants and their families.
- Facilitate pre-employment orientation (PEO) for the potential migrants along with the upazila coordinator and social mobilizers.
- Maintain communication and coordination with DEMO and TTC to avail pre-departure orientation (PDO) for the targeted beneficiaries.
- Ensure co-facilitation of pre-departure orientation (PDO) in TTC for the project beneficiaries.
- Facilitate awareness raising events e.g. courtyard sessions, awareness campaigns etc. at the union level to aware the people on safe migration.
- coordinate popular theatre shows and videos to be organized at the community level to disseminate messages on safe migration among the community people.
- Sensitize community leaders and representatives on safe migration through capacity development approach.
- Maintain communication and coordination with relevant public and private sector stakeholders at the union, upazila and district level to ensure safe migration.
- Organize training for the personnel from TTC and DEMO on increasing their capacity to better manage the issues/challenges related to safe migration.
- Prepare database of agents and sub-agents in the project locations to sensitize them on ensuring safe migration.
- Map skill training service providers in the project locations and develop professional relation with them.
- Sensitize the mapped skill providers to contribute to ensure safe migration through arranging meetings and workshops with them.
- Develop and facilitate signing MOUs with the relevant skill training service providers on providing skill training to the project beneficiaries at a feasible cost.
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in social sciences from any reputed university.
- At least 5 year(s)
- At least 05 years of professional experience in national or international organizations in the relevant job responsibilities.
- Technical Skills:
- Must have professional writing and speaking capacity in English and Bangla, i.e. field visit report, event report, case study/story, content writing, etc.
- Proficient with MS office suite
- Able to take decision in a timely manner, priorities and multi-task work seamlessly
- Monthly Net Salary will be 38,000 BDT
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Admissible benefit such as provident fund & festival Bonus.
Expected salary: 38000 per month
Job date: Sat, 19 Dec 2020 07:16:12 GMT
Apply for the job now!