এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Protection & Advocacy Manager
Job description: Job Context
- DURATION:31 August 2022
- START DATE: ASAP
- LOCATION: DHAKA
- CONTRACT TYPE: FIXED TERM
- The Protection and Advocacy Manager will be under FSL DRR department and a consortium based position responsible to oversee the advocacy and social protection aspects of the project at local and national level with relevant government departments and ministry. S/he will provide technical support and guidance to the project team (staff of consortium members and downstream partners) on mainstreaming local advocacy and social protections and other protection issues during the project implementation.
- The role of Protection and Advocacy Manager requires extensive experience in DRR and will work under FSL DRR department and a consortium-based position responsible for overseeing the advocacy and social protection aspects of the project at the local and national level with relevant government departments and ministry. S/he will provide technical support and guidance to the project team (staff of consortium members and downstream partners) on mainstreaming DRR related local advocacy, social protections and other protection issues during the project implementation.
- Mission 1: Ensure proper guidance and technical support to the consortium partners and downstream partners related to social protection and advocacy related to DRR.
- Support Consortium Coordinator for capacity building of the STEP project staff on DRM governance, Forecast based Early Actions, mainstreaming social protection in FbA/F.
- Support the Consortium Coordinator in maintaining close liaison with Consortium Members to develop necessary tools and guidelines related to STEP project especially on DRM governance and mainstreaming social protection in FbA.
- Provide technical support to the project implementation team at Upazila and union level to improve understanding on DRM governance and Forecast based Early Actions.
- Provide technical support to the STEP project staff and consortium partners in reviewing of the existing social protection system and way forward for mainstreaming in FbA.
- Provide technical support to the STEP project for overall implementation of the activities related to capacity building of the DMCs for improved DRM governance.
- Mission 2: Knowledge development on Forecast based Early Actions and dissemination
- Liaison and collaboration with all actors in the field of Forecast based Early Actions including FbF to gather and document the lessons learnt and good practices related to FbA/F both nationally and globally.
- Lead the capitalization and knowledge documentation process through collaboration with consortium partners.
- Support Consortium Coordinator in organizing knowledge dissemination workshop.
- Support STEP Consortium in developing new concept or approach related to Forecast Based Early Actions.
- Mission 3: Identification of the advocacy issues related to social protection and DRM governance and initiate joint advocacy
- Support the consortium through identification of advocacy issues in line with the objective of STEP project and define tools and strategies for carrying out advocacy at local and national level.
- Will maintain liaison with other consortia and stakeholders to identify the joint advocacy issues and support the STEP consortium to carry out joint advocacy initiatives.
- Prepare policy briefs and other supporting documents for the consortium in line with designed activities to reach the objective of the STEP project.
- Take leading role in organizing advocacy events (Early Action café) with MoDMR and other stakeholders like UN and BDRCS.
- Documentation of the policy advocacy outcomes and follow-up with MoDMR and DDM with support from Consortium partners.
- Mission 4: Coordination, Collaboration and networking with stakeholders
- Ensure regular and open/transparent communication between consortium partners. Regularly communicate with consortium member’s focal point on project activities related to mainstreaming social protection in FbA and advocacy. .
- Establish and maintain close coordination and collaborative relationship with Govt. Stakeholders such as Ministry of Disaster Management and Relief (MoDMR), Department of Disaster Management (DDM), Bangladesh Meteorological Department (BMD) and other relevant departments
- Establish and maintain coordination and collaboration with other actors in the field of Forecast based early Actions (FbA) such as FbF/A Task Force, FbF Forum, BDRCS, CARE led SUFAL consortium, UN agencies such as WFP and FAO.
- Coordinate with other actors to gather all tool and materials related to the mainstreaming protection in to the Forecast based Early Actions including forecast based financing.
- Coordinate with other actors to gather all tool and materials related to the advocacy on local resource mobilization for Forecast based Early Actions including forecast based financing.
- Support Consortium Coordinator by attending government, UN, NGO and donors meetings and present ongoing consortium activities.
- Effect coordination with other actors (UN, NGOs) intervening in a similar sector.
- Ensure documentation of the consortium activities, including formal presentations, support development of success stories, updating project-specific fact sheets, and documenting publications featuring the consortium in the media.
- Support Consortium Coordinator through drafting and dissemination of position papers, statements, reports and releases on the consortium’s engagements and humanitarian advocacy.
- Master’s degree in Disaster risk reduction
- At least 5 year(s)
- Knowledge of DRR concepts, frameworks and principles and the ability to apply them to strategic and/or practical situations is essential.
- At least 5-year (s) experience of in project management related to DRR is essential
- Experience: At least 5-year (s) experience of project management related to DRR.
- Experience of working in consortium project related to DRR (especially ECHO funded DRR projects) will be an added value
- Experience on working with relevant government stakeholders like DMCs, SMCs, MoDMR and DDM.
- Experience of working with other actors in the field of DRR and Forecast based Early Actions.
- Working experience in collaboration with international and national multi-cultural team
- Experience working on gender and protection specially related to DRR program planning and implementation.
- Good managerial, operational and humanitarian leadership skills
- Excellent communication, presentation and coordination skills
- Excellent networking and lobbying skills
- ENGLISH: Professional level in writing and speaking
- Good knowledge on social protection including crosscutting issues such as protection & gender
- Good understanding on DRM governance in Bangladesh
- Strong relational skill on DRR related advocacy
- Gross monthly Salary BDT 131,000/-
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Festival Bonus: 02 basic salary per year.
- Provident Fund: 7.5% of Basic Salary.
- End of Contract Benefits: End of Contract Benefits: 30 days of salary per year of service (No eligibility pro-rated under 1 year)
- Medical coverage: 80% hospitalization coverage medical expenses (max limit BDT 120,000 per year).
- Life and accident insurance from joining day
- Maternity Benefit: 3 (three) basic salary.
- Birth Allowance, Marriage Allowance, etc.
- 18 days of paid annual leave per year.
- 10 days of paid casual leave per year.
- Up to 01 month of paid sick leave per year.
- Up to 26 calendar week’s maternity leave.
- Paternity Leave, Marriage Leave, etc.
- Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform (online base) Cross knowledge.
- External training participation opportunities based on eligibility
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.
Job date: Sat, 16 Oct 2021 07:36:07 GMT