এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Protection Specialist
Job description: Job Context
Contract Duration one year for this position and highly possibility for extension. Early submission is strongly encouraged as application collection and selection process will go simultaneously. Selected candidates must be willing to join within very short notice.
- The role: Reporting to the Child Protection in Emergencies Quality Team Lead, indirect reporting to Project Manager the incumbent will not have any line management responsibility, but will oversee the technical quality of the general Protection programme through a matrix management structure, offering direct support a growing team of Programme and Coordinators and Officers.
- Strategic vision and support on the general protection in Cox’s Bazar and other parts of the country, in coordination with, and technical supervision of, CP Program Lead
- Taking a leading role in the updating and review of the General protection strategy and in drafting protection-oriented advocacy notes, concept notes and project proposals, in coordination with, and technical supervision of, CP Program Lead.
- Ensuring implementation of protection mainstreaming/integration guidance for other technical teams (Education, SRHR etc.)
- Technical Management:
- Support in establishing synergies of general protection with GBV and Child Protection
- Ensure implementation of general protection projects by backstopping General Protection as required
- Strengthening the protection monitoring system including analysis of information related to GBV Safety audits and CP monitoring results.
- Facilitate and coordinate the submission of 5W reports and identification of key messages and responses to monitoring findings
- Provide Technical support to Project and Program managers in Cox’s Bazar and other program areas of PIB
- Responsibility for ensuring that donor reports on protection outputs and activities are completed according to specified internal timelines.
- Provide support in advocacy in Cox’s Bazar
- Monitoring, reporting and development:
- Liaise with the MERL Manager to develop and implement an M&E plan for general protection activities, develop the community feedback mechanism, map lessons learnt and identify opportunities for evaluations and quality improvement.
- Quality control and site monitoring to ensure that services provided are according standards
- Program monitoring as per expected outputs and outcomes
- Ensure continuous updating of project documentation and files
- Identify new opportunities for protection intervention and work closely with, CP Lead, Program Managers, and the Grants Unit to develop quality proposals, concept notes and budgets.
- Develop and undertake needs assessments to inform program design and strategic direction. Conduct frequent rapid needs assessment of the situation in the event of emergency in collaboration with other stakeholders to address related problems
- External coordination and representation:
- Share relevant project information with external stakeholders as necessary and required
- Participate in relevant coordination meetings. Ensure Plan International’s Protection representation in Protection Working Group and other relevant technical groups
- Together with the CP Lead, and other technical advisors, coordinating and liaising closely with UNHCR, (I)NGOs and other stakeholders to ensure a participatory, transparent and coordinated approach. Work with team to ensure consistent external messaging from Plan International.
- Look for ways to work more closely with the Government, and coordinate with relevant Government departments, whenever is appropriate to the context, and taking full account of resultant risks and opportunities.
- As Specialist the post-holder is responsible for the following:
- Accountable for achieving PIB’s strategic goals and objectives within the area of responsibility
- Accountable for making significant decisions on what the unit does: its purpose, functions and role, and for making commitments and decisions that require the expenditure of significant unit resources.
- Accountable for ensuring technical support, capacity development of PIB and Partner Organization staff
- Support program CP Lead/project manager to ensure coordination among Child Protection, GBV and General Protection.
- Responsible to support in program design and lead on General protection piece in integrated projects
- Accountable to ensure technical quality of general protection components / activities following quality bench mark through beneficiary feedback mechanism.
- Represent PIB in Protection working group.
- Any other duties relating to the nature of the job as requested by the Manager.:
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures
- Master’s degree in Social science (e.g. political science, Sociology human rights, humanitarian project management, international development, Law or economics or relevant field)
- At least 3 year(s)
- Minimum 3 years of practical experience in General Protection working for an INGO/ National NGO/UN Agency
- At least 2 years’ experience with people management and Technical aspects of General Protection
- Documented skills in project planning and design, drafting, calculation and technical writing.
- Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience in project development
- Full professional proficiency in English
- Ability to work in collaboration with others and as a team player who demonstrates leadership and is able to support and train local staff and also able to work with disaster affected communities in a sensitive and participatory manner.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills. Able to communicate clearly and sensitively with internal and external stakeholders. This includes effective negotiation and representation skills.
- Works with trustworthiness and integrity and has a clear commitment to Plan’s core values and humanitarian principles.
- Demonstrates awareness and sensitivity to gender, culture and diversity.
- Very good understanding on GBV in Bangladesh specially in Cox’sbazar context.
- Practical experience on Training need assessment, developing training module, guideline and conducting training.
- Is well planned and organized even within a fluid working environment and has a capacity for initiative and decision making with competent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of Plan policies and procedures, Sphere and the Red Cross/ NGO Code of Conduct. Requires general finance, administration, information management and telecommunication skills and proficiency in information technology/ computer skills is an advantage
- Experience in Rohingya response is an advantage.
Cox’s Bazar (Teknaf)
- Salary Package for this role is BDT. 85,840 fixed monthly Cost to the company. Along with other benefits i.e., hospitalization benefit for spouse and children, contributory provident fund, Festival Bonus, leave, group insurance and yearly medical check-up for employee.
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.
Location: Teknaf, Chittagong
Job date: Fri, 08 Oct 2021 04:49:37 GMT