এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Protection Team Leader (GBV)
Company: Danish Refugee Council
Job description: The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), one of the world’s leading NGOs, with a focus on responding to displacement, have been registered in Bangladesh since 2013. In 2017, in response to the Rohingya influx, DRC launched an integrated program of support to the government in site management, shelter/NFI and protection. In 2018, DRC started implementing aid projects in support of the host communities most affected by the influx of refugees. As a key part of this, DRC opened a main office in Cox’s Bazar, and a support/liaison office in Dhaka.
The Protection Leader (GBV) will supervise team members as well as deliver technical support and guidance to team. This position also needs to ensure the quality of the planning, implementation and follow up of all technical aspects of the sector activities being implemented by DRC. The Protection Leader must develop and maintain good relations with the persons of concern, relevant stakeholders, and other humanitarian actors, to support adequate implementation and coordination of DRC’s sector activities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Supervision and Capacity Building
- Provision of technical support to staff members in linking DRC Cox’s GBV prevention and response to relevant protection standards, best practices and policy documents ensuring a survivor centered and rights-based framework.
- Provide technical supervision on demand and in specific forums for running cases, honoring the level of responsibility indicated by the Manager.
- Provide technical input and clarification for GBV prevention activities delivered by Assistants at center and outreach level.
- Provide technical input, supervision, and adaptation in link with the Manager and other Team Leader(s) for specific prevention activities.
- Providing situation specific technical feedback and supervision based on field visits.
- Proactively identify team capacity building needs, contribute to arrangement of trainings, purposively select participants for external trainings and ensure replication based on team technical priorities.
- Deliver formal internal and external trainings based on technical trainings received and prioritized in collaboration with the Manager.
- Lead and manage the team (including people planning, performance, well-being and development)
- Ensure effective planning and quality implementation of the sector.
- Ensure daily monitoring of area.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Ensure ongoing update of trackers for which data entry is done by Assistants, Officers and oneself and take the lead in cleaning.
- Produce all quantitative and qualitative monthly reports defined by the Manager accurately and efficiently.
- Do timely and accurate sectorial reporting as per the delegations by the Manager.
- Contribute to timely and accurate quantitative and qualitative donor reporting as per the requests of the Manager.
- Prepare additional reports requested by or agreed on with the Manager based on programme needs (e.g., EMAP monthly observation report, consultation reports when opening new locations, input to Advocacy, etc.)
- Under the supervision of the Gender-based violence Manager, ensure that all the GBV protection approaches, and tools are developed in synergy with the overall DRC national based protection initiatives.
- Support the protection assessment and ongoing risk analysis in order to design adequate responses.
Implementation, Logistics and Finance
- Make sure that all the protection projects adhere to the highest GBV standards and principles as well as DRC generic and sector-specific guidelines and accountability standards.
- Ensure efficient and effective program implementation while following project workplans and directions by the Manager.
- Support innovative problem solving and strategy development to address complex issues relating to the safety and wellbeing of people affected by gender-based violence and discrimination.
- Support the monitoring of financial commitments and expenditures against budgets and provide timely feedback on budget follow-up.
- Plan and coordinate proactively logistics and movements of staff from and to different operational areas.
- Initiate procurements and ensure their execution.
- Ensure distribution plans are prepared and shared with logistics in a timely manner.
Coordination and Representation
- Work closely with the other programme components to maximize programme output and impact.
- Collaborate with relevant internal counterparts on sector strategy and implementation relevant issues.
- Represent DRC at relevant technical coordination meetings.
- Initiate and follow up bilateral relationships with key stakeholders for programme implementation.
- Ensure integration with other DRC sectors.
- Develop project plans and budgets for funding.
- Develop project tools.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Minimum 3 years of experience including 1-2 years’ experience in GBV and/or protection field. Working with vulnerable communities and service provision, research experience preferred. Experience in Cox’s humanitarian response preferred.
- Experience in protection interventions. Experience in GBV or MHPSS strongly preferred.
- Experience of working with UN and/or Non-Governmental organizations.
- Good communication and capacity building skills
- Computer skills (Microsoft, Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Good organizational and management skills. Fluency in Bangla & English
- University education in Psychology, Social Work, Sociology, Anthropology, Gender Studies, Law, or related field. Master’s strongly preferred.
LANGUAGES (indicate fluency level)
- Fluency in English and Bangla.
- Highly Desirable Chittagong dialect and proficiency in Rohingya
ALL EMPLOYEES ARE EXPECTED TO DEMONSTRATE DRC FIVE CORE COMPETENCIES
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values
- Type of contract: National contract
- Employment Band: G
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Duty station: Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh
- Closing Date for Application: 14th April 2021
What we offer * Two bonuses per year
- Relocation allowance
- Mobile Allowance
- Leave Encashment
- Group life Insurance including Family
- Dental and Optical benefits
- Excellent Working Environment and opportunity to Growth
- Various learning and development platforms
APPLICATION PROCESS * Applications must be submitted through the mentioned link on the page by clicking on Apply Button.
- All applicants must send a cover letter along with an updated CV (we encourage CV no longer than four pages) in English.
- Mentioning three referees’ details of your present supervisor and HR along with past employment’s supervisor with CV.
Note: Applications sent by email will not be considered. In addition, DRC doesn’t charge any fee for any of its recruitment process & believes in equal opportunity in employment regardless.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website: www.drc.ngo.
It has been brought to the attention of the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) that there have been instances of fraudulent job offers, purporting to be from DRC in Bangladesh. These offers reportedly concern fraudulent employment opportunities to applicants asking for money. DRC would like to stipulate that the organisation never charges or accepts any money from job seekers during the recruitment process. DRC recommends that you do not respond to unsolicited offers of employment.
Location: Cox’s Bazar, Chittagong
Job date: Fri, 09 Apr 2021 07:42:25 GMT