এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Regional CEFM Coordinator
Company: Plan International
Job description: The Organisation
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Regional CEFM coordinator
Position: Regional CEFM coordinator [Regional Coordinator, Time to Act! Accelerating Efforts to Eliminate Child, Early and Forced Marriage in Asia-Pacific]
Duration: 1 year with possibility of extension
Duty station: Countries in Asia with Plan’s operational presence.
This position is a locally contracted role, as such, there are no expat benefits available. A competitive salary will be paid in local currency, based on local standards, and taxes will be applicable.
Plan International is a rights-based development and humanitarian organization working for equality for girls and realization of all children’s rights. We are independent of governments and have no political or religious affiliation.
Our purpose is to strive for a just world that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We have been building dynamic partnerships for children for over 75 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Plan International’s ambition for its policy and advocacy work is to drive changes in policies, behaviours and practices at international, regional, national and local levels, so as to advance children’s rights and equality for girls. Plan International’s Global Strategy aims to transform the lives of 100 million girls and implement a programme and influence approach to achieve it. Advocacy and influencing will play a key role in delivering results at scale.
Plan International works around the world to prevent, reduce and eliminate CEFM. In the AsiaPacific region, work on CEFM is led by Asia- Pacific Regional Hub (Plan International APAC), in partnership with Country Offices (COs) across the region. Plan International APAC’s work on CEFM is rooted in a regional initiative Time to Act!. The initiative builds on more than a decade of previous CEFM focused interventions and places a strong emphasis on influencing and youthled activism, while maintaining a firm commitment to evidence-based interventions, partnerships, and addressing root causes by tackling harmful gender stereotypes and cultural norms.
The Regional CEFM Coordinator extends administrative and other types of support to contribute to smooth functioning of the Time to Act! platform and its members
Dimensions of the role:
The Regional CEFM Coordinator works closely with the Regional Head of Child Protection and Partnerships. The role implies the following dimensions:
- Extending overall administrative and operational support to the Regional Time to Act! initiative on ending CEFM in Asia-Pacific;
- Contributing to effective networking under the Time to Act! regional platform;
- Coordinating and communicating with the Country Offices CEFM Focal Points as needed;
- Organizing, maintaining and updating overall CEFM documentation and knowledge management frameworks;
- Contributing to quarterly and annual reporting processes
- Liaising with other members of the Regional Programming and Influencing Team on CEFM related issues, including Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting;
- Supporting communications with Plan International National Organizations and preparing related documentation;
- Mapping out CEFM specific funding opportunities;
- Supporting external CEFM related influencing and inter-agency CEFM focused networking.
The postholder has no direct reports and does not holds any budget responsibility.
- Coordinating with Administrative and Finance Departments to ensure timely and effective implementation of the internal procurements and external hiring procedures in line with Plan International policies and procedures
- Supporting administrative aspects of the ongoing regional research on CEFM, including liaising with the Admin Department and external consultants engaged
- Play a supporting role by helping to connect and support Plan International Country Offices in Asia-Pacific as part of the regional platform Time to Act! to scale up efforts to end Child, Early, and Forced Marriage
- Contributing to effective networking by organizing and supporting periodic regional calls, meetings and webinars of the Time to Act! initiative and preparing related outcome documents
- Collecting, storing and updating all relevant information and documentation contributing to the Time to Act! knowledge management and learning, including coordination of thematic mapping, data collection, analysis and collation of external and regional CEFM related trends and updates
- Preparing periodic briefings and newsletters to assist relevant information dissemination
- Preparing, collating and updating data for periodic reporting and contributing to the quarterly and annual reports drafting
- Liaising with other members of the Regional Programme and Influencing Team on issues concerning MER, Communications, Influencing and internal inter-sectoral collaboration around CEFM related issues;
- Supporting preparation and execution of internal and external regional and global launch events and campaigns to promote the Time to Act! Platforms and its activities and products
- Providing logistical and administrative support to collective communications involving Plan International National Organizations and related regional platform, by scheduling the meetings, taking minutes and preparing the meeting proceedings
- Screening and mapping out funding opportunities to strengthen and increase regional CEFM portfolio;
- Extending administrative and logistical support to action-oriented dialogues with the regional bodies ASEAN and SAARC
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures
Qualifications and experience
- A university degree or equivalent working experience in public or business administration;
- Minimum of five years of demonstrated experience in project coordination, including administrative and finance operational skills;
- Good understanding of the development and NGO sector
- Experience of working with internal and external coalitions and networks;
- Fair knowledge of Asian cultural and social context.
- Proven ability to collect, analyze and manage data and information of strategic importance;
- Demonstrated ability to work in diverse and multi-cultural environments;
- Respectful, tactful and diplomatic communication skills
- Proficiency in digital literacy and ability to operate in key computer programmes and platforms; Innovative spirit and openness to new ideas and approaches
- Commitment to human rights, gender equality, girls’ empowerment
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- Knowledge of or previous engagement with Plan International is an advantage
How to apply:
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are required to submit a motivational letter, a comprehensive CV and details of at least 3 referees via E-mail only to:
Closing date for applications: 6 June 2021
Reference & background checks will be performed for successful candidates including clearances on child related offences in conformity with Plan’s Child Protection Policy. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Location: Countries in Asia with Plan’s operational presence [Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, Indonesia, Laos, Myanmar, Nepeal, Philippines, Thailand, Timor-leste and Vietnam]
Reports to: Regioal Head of Child Protetion and Partnerships
Closing Date: 6 June 2021
Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the very heart of everything that Plan International stands for.
We want Plan International to reflect the diversity of the communities we work with, offering equal opportunities to everyone regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Plan International is based on a culture of inclusivity and we strive to create a workplace environment that ensures every team, in every office, in every country, is rich in diverse people, thoughts, and ideas.
We foster an organisational culture that embraces our commitment to racial justice, gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. This means that we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with and we must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International’s Safeguarding Children and Young People policy. Plan International also participates in the In line with this scheme we will request information from applicants previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms their understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Location: Bangkok – Bangladesh
Job date: Wed, 19 May 2021 04:50:27 GMT