এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Rehabilitation Officer- Occupational Therapist
Job description: Job Context
- The Centre for Disability in Development (CDD) is a not for profit organization established in 1996 to develop a more inclusive society for persons with disabilities. CDD simultaneously builds technical capacities of the development stakeholders and the communities in how to be more inclusive whilst also enabling persons with a disability to participate in society by strengthening their leadership and providing them with essential rehabilitation and other supports.
- CDD is one of the most renowned organizations in the field of disability-inclusive development. CDD`s work in Bangladesh is supported by international and national donor agencies/development partners. CDD offers an inclusive, amicable, and respectable work environment.
- The Ramon Magsaysay Award (Asian version of the Noble prize) has been awarded to its Executive Director in 2010. In 2018, CDD was recognized by the Government of Bangladesh as one of the best organizations working on disability and development issues.
- Since November 2017, CDD in partnership with CBM is implementing humanitarian response for the Rohingyas in Ukhia, Cox`s Bazar. As per operational strategy January 1, 2021-September 30,21, the current key activities of the response consist of (1) the provision of multidisciplinary rehabilitation services, (2) running of a Therapy Corner to provide rehabilitation and other related services for the Children with severe impairments, and (3) technical support to mainstream organizations, advocacy with sectors to include persons with disabilities in the humanitarian action.
- Door to door clients / Child with disabilities screening and assessment of Rohingya people with Occupational Therapy intervention.
- Responsible for Therapy Corner and regular up gradation according to the clients need.
- Preparation of treatment plan for follow up Therapy services.
- Provide Occupational Therapy interventions in client home.
- Home Modification for better accessibility for Person with Disabilities
- Client referral to other professionals for medical and rehabilitation services.
- Selection of appropriate assistive device for clients.
- Documentation of client files and other related information about service delivery.
- Maintain therapy equipment,
- Supervise the activities of the Occupational Therapy Assistants and Community Mobilizer/Volunteer.
- You will also perform additional work according to the projects need and as being assigned by the CDD authority
- Work at office
- Bachelor in Occupational Therapy
- 1 to 3 year(s)
- Both males and females are allowed to apply
- Contract Duration: January 1, 2021 to Septmber 30, 2021 (subject to performance and NGO Affairs Bureau Approval). A three months performance objectives will be agreed, and on successful achievement of 3-months performance objectives, the contract will be continued. Multiple short contracts (as per current government regulation: six months duration of each contract) will be made throughout the Project Duration
- Experience in Rohingya response
- Ability to take initiative and generate ideas to complex situations
- Diplomacy skills and ability to understand and handle multiple perspectives
- Strong team management skills
- Strong internal and external coordination and representation skills
- Cross-cultural communication skills
- Ability to prioritize workload in fast paced environment and handle stress with limited supervision
- Excellent oral and written English and Bengali.
- Very good computer skills (Microsoft office & internet)
- Person with disability are encouraged to apply
Cox’s Bazar (Ukhia)
Tk. 66000 – 66500 (Monthly)
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Weekly 2 holidays
- Prorata basis festival bonus
Expected salary: 66000 – 66500 per month
Location: Ukhia, Chittagong
Job date: Sat, 05 Dec 2020 07:55:34 GMT
Apply for the job now!