এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Rehabilitation Officer
Job description: Job Context
- HI has been working in Bangladesh since 1997, with a focus on creating sustainable changes in terms of ensuring the rights and inclusion of people with disabilities in society. HI is an independent and impartial aid organization working in situations of poverty, exclusion, conflict, and disaster throughout Bangladesh. With projects in different districts of the country, HI works not only with people with disabilities and other vulnerable populations, but also with their families, their communities, and local humanitarian actors in order to respond to their essential needs, improve their living conditions, promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights, and provide sustainability in its action. As one of the key organizations in the disability sector, HI has a wide range of projects which assist to promote the inclusion of persons with disabilities and their issues in emergency and development contexts, build capacities of local stakeholders, and reduce the impact of natural and human-made disasters. Particularly in Cox`s Bazar district, HI is providing services in rehabilitation, MH/PSS, SRH, protection and inclusive education with an inclusion mainstreaming approach to refugees and host population affected by the forcibly displaced undocumented Myanmar nationals. HI`s multi-sectoral mobile units (MU) and static approach are currently working in 15 camps located in both Teknaf and Ukhiya Upazilas and surrounding host areas providing comprehensive services in physical rehabilitation, primary health care, protection, and MH/PSS.
- HI is currently implementing development and humanitarian response project in Kurigram, Sitakindu, and Cox`s Bazar district through 4 project offices (Kurigram, Sitakundu, Ukhiya, and Teknaf) and 2 coordination offices( Dhaka and Cox Bazar).
- Operational Thematic: Livelihood, Health and Rehabilitation, Protection, Inclusion, Education and Atlas Logistic
- Number of staffs: Around 292 National staff and 08 international staff
- HI is currently looking for a Rehabilitation Officer for its Inclusive Humanitarian Assistance for Vulnerable Population in Cox`s Bazar District, Bangladesh, 2021-2022 project funded by ECHO. Under the operational supervision of the Team Manager and the technical supervision of the Rehabilitation Technical Specialist and Senior Technical Officer, the Rehabilitation Officer provides physical and functional rehabilitation services to Rohingya communities living in camps.
- Job Location: Teknaf
- Line Manager: Team Manager
- Type of Contract: Fixed-term
- Duration of the Contract: As early as possible to 31 May 2022 with the possibility of extension of the project and contract.
- *Women and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- For all duties, Rehabilitation Officer maintains strict compliance with safety, confidentiality, and do no harm principles.
- Objective 1: Provision of Physical and Functional Rehabilitation.
- Provide rehabilitation care to the most critical and high-priority cases according to the guidelines of HI’s emergency rehabilitation interventions.
- Prescreening and prioritization for accurate assessment, planning, and provision of appropriate therapy to the beneficiaries, including ongoing evaluation/reassessment of the beneficiaries, within the constraints of the project resources at the fixed point, the beneficiaries’ home, and where relevant.
- According to the outcomes of the assessment of the beneficiaries’ needs (taking into account her/his daily activities, the participation of her/his caregiver, etc….), develop an appropriate intervention and treatment plan.
- Ensure rehabilitation outcomes to a person should focus on achieving and maintaining “OPTIMAL FUNCTIONING” in interaction with their environment, personal, and outcome factors.
- Familiarize yourself with the global physical and functional rehabilitation approaches of Handicap International Federation (Humanity and Inclusion).
- Inform the beneficiary and the caregiver importance of rehabilitation services to improve the physical situation and daily function.
- Offer rehabilitation services based on the defined objectives between the beneficiary and the caregiver.
- Review the most recent information on the beneficiary’s evolution before starting a treatment session and adapt your treatment or seek technical advice from your STO when needed.
- Ensure the safety of the beneficiary during the rehabilitation sessions and take into account contraindications and precautions related to diverse illnesses, problems, and medical treatments. Refer for medical advice if needed. (DO NO HARM).
- Advice and train the beneficiary and the caregivers on the basic exercises that the beneficiary can do on his/her own or with/without support from caregivers on the way to prevent complications or disabling situations.
- Provide guidance and support to the Rehabilitation Assistants in managing cases or as needed.
- Objective 2: Provision of Assistive Devices and Rehabilitation Equipment Management.
- Identify the beneficiary’s needs (for critical and high priority cases) in terms of assistive devices and mobility aids, as per HI guidelines.
- Ensure that the device is adapted to user needs and provide clear explanations to guarantee its safe and proper use and maintenance.
- Ensure a proper follow-up on the use and wean off the assistive device.
- Ensure the provision of assistive devices is made according to the strategy (quality and quantity) and the needs identified.
- Supervises and supports Rehabilitation assistants in provision of the assistive devices and rehabilitation equipment.
- Enhance and Ensure quality by supporting Senior Technical Officer (STO)- Rehabilitation in the provision of assistive devices and rehabilitation equipment.
- Anticipate and update the need for assistive devices stock and rehabilitation equipment to the Senior Technical Officer – Rehabilitation to ensure the PSR is addressed as per identified need and Team Manager.
- Support STO in ensuring the quality of assistive devices and rehabilitation. equipment in the warehouse as per the request of STO or as necessary.
- Objective 3: Internal and External Coordination.
- Communicate and link with other members of the mobile team, regarding internal referrals (PSS, protection, rehabilitation, and Project Officer-Service Linkage), to ensure a comprehensive approach.
- Coordinate with Camp Health Sector and health actors.
- Support the Team Manager in mapping existing health services in the area.
- Ensure external referrals and follow-up, by gathering feedback on service provided for documentation.
- Manages the reporting of the team rehabilitation sector to the Team Manager, in link with the Rehabilitation Assistants.
- Closely follow-up individual and familial cases to ensure timely follow-up of all the beneficiaries.
- Place referral of beneficiaries identified for specialized service when necessary.
- Ensure proper documentation and reporting as required by HI and TU.
- Ensure the beneficiaries sign the necessary document when the provision of items/devices.
- Work in close collaboration with the volunteer, ensuring the quality of service
- Perform other tasks as requested by line management and technical unit.
- Objective 4: With the Rehabilitation Space in Static point.
- Ensure there is an adequate stock of supplies and report to the Team Manager if any stocks are needing replenishing.
- Ensure the clinic is clean and tidy at all times to ensure a professional image.
- Report to the Team Manager any damages or problems with the equipment.
- Ensure OHS is in place and is followed by clinical staff.
- Objective 5: Conduct.
- Be caring, compassionate and maintain good communication with beneficiaries at all times.
- Demonstrate ethics and professional practice.
- Respect the beneficiaries’ confidentiality.
- Respect and promote HI’s Policies and report to your line manager any non-respect of HI’s policies amongst the teams or partners.
- Report any incident or act that causes any harm to the beneficiary or others.
- Always interact with children with the presence of their parents or caregivers.
- Always ask permission to touch or to apply any treatment or maneuvers to someone.
- Always respect a refusal of treatment.
- Show abilities and competencies to execute an efficient rehabilitation intervention.
- Work at office
- Bachelor’s degree in Physiotherapy / Occupational Therapy.
- A Master’s degree in Rehabilitation Science OR Disability Management will be an added advantage.
- At least 2 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
Disability and Inclusion, physical rehabilitation * The applicants should have experience in the following business area(s):
Development Agency, NGO
- Age at least 25 years
- At least 02 years of relevant experience.
- Be registered with the local Association.
- Previous NGO experience.
- Computer knowledge (MS office package- both in English and Bangla).
- Able to work in harsh conditions.
- Good physical condition.
- Strong teamwork approach.
- Communication skills in verbal and written Bangla.
- Knowledge of disability and development issues in Bangladesh.
- Sensitized on issues related to child protection, protection of gender-based violence, etc.
- Experienced in Humanitarian Context, preferably in the field of rehabilitation, inclusion.
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary context.
- *Women and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Cox’s Bazar (Teknaf)
- Tk. 55654 – 58993 (Monthly)
- Hardship Allowance will be added in addition to working in Cox`s Bazar District.
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Mobile bill, Tour allowance, Medical allowance, Provident fund, Weekly 2 holidays, Insurance, Gratuity
- Festival Bonus: 2
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.
Expected salary: 55654 – 58993 per month
Location: Teknaf, Chittagong
Job date: Wed, 06 Oct 2021 06:07:32 GMT