ঢাকার চাকরির খবর
Job title: Reports Officer SC8, Dhaka
Company: World Food Programme
Job description: .
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
To support all Operational Information Management and Performance Reporting (OIM & PR) activities and contribute to the establishment and presentation of standard operating picture of WFP programme portfolio and associated results that facilitate informed and timely decision-making at all levels throughout the organisation.
These jobs are found in Headquarters (HQ), Regional Bureaux (RBs) and Country Offices (COs), and report to the Regional/Division/Country Director or the designate. Job holders are required to carry out well-defined activities and straight forward analytical work. They are likely to be working closely with a more experienced professional staff member receiving guidance and regular feedback on work performed.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Reports Officer will be responsible for the following activities:
- Ensure that standard procedures and templates are followed to drive the quality, consistency and standardisation of information management and performance reporting across WFP.
- Collate relevant information and data from media and local internal and external sources to build ‘Essential Elements of Information’, facilitate and maximize the exchange of information and data flows between functional area networks in WFP, to provide operational awareness and understanding of events that may have humanitarian and/or operational impact.
- Support the collation and dissemination of political and humanitarian analysis pertaining to WFP current or future responses and donor policies, trends and preferences to ensure country specific input to WFP’s operational reporting.
- Support the preparation of the Annual Country Report (ACR) for the Annual Reporting Exercise in collaboration with the country office programme, monitoring & evaluation, logistics and resource management functions by coordinating to ensure coherence and quality of performance information.
- Participate in the testing of and providing feedback on corporate reporting tools as needed.
- Collaborate with counterparts internally to ensure consistency in humanitarian information and to complement WFP analysis and information.
- Support the enhancement of the capacity of WFP staff and partners to effectively manage operational information and performance reporting, for example through scheduling the delivery of the training on core competencies.
- Support the country office or regional bureau in emergencies by preparing, organizing and providing secretarial support to Operational Task Forces.
- Provide feedback on activities associated with the Corporate Performance Reporting Improvements.
- Support the initiatives for developing improved, streamlined, and harmonized including drafting of related normative guidance, as required.
- Support the assurance of defined quality standards in all processes and products.
- Other as required.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners).
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’s mission.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFP’s overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to increase self-awareness, and includes these in conversations on own developmental needs.
- Create an inclusive culture: Participates in open dialogue, and values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence, and develop and improve individual skills.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of challenging circumstances.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work.
- Focus on getting results: Consistently delivers results within individual scope of work on time, on budget and without errors.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Commits to upholding individual accountabilities and responsibilities in the face of ever-changing country or functional priorities.
- Be Decisive: Makes rational decisions about individual activities when faced with uncertain circumstances, including in times of ambiguity regarding information or manager direction.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Seeks to understand and adapt to internal or cross-unit teams’ priorities and preferred working styles.
- Build strong external partnerships: Demonstrates ability to understand and appropriately respond to and/or escalate needs of external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Portrays an informed and professional demeanor toward internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Provides operational support on analyses and assessments that quantifies and demonstrates WFP’s unique value as a partner.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced University degree in Political Science, Economics, Statistics, Information Management or Journalism, Business Management, Social Sciences or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
Experience: Five (05) years or more of postgraduate experience in a relevant field of work, with a background and interest in international humanitarian development.
Language : Excellent written and oral/communications skills in both English and Bangla
Knowledge & Skills: Interpersonal skills, analytical skill, communication skill with high-level officials, consistency in advice and follow-up, ability to work with diverse teams, capability to provide sound advice and independent ability to facilitate coordinated planning and subsequent follow-up on implementation and reporting, ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing;
Ability to work in a team, flexibility in accepting work assignments outside normal desk description;
Innovative skills and commitment to support WFP Bangladesh in achieving gender parity among the national staff in all functions, levels and locations.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Donor reporting
- With input from the concerned programme units, draft or quality-ensure donor reports in a timely manner;
- Contribute to development of any additional donor reports beyond the ACR;
- Contribute to building capacity of programme officers to draft donor reports, provide regular feedback, and trainings, as relevant;
- Oversee the maintenance of the Country Office donor reporting work plan in line with reporting requirements agreed upon by donors (as per grant agreements) and ensure adherence to key milestones.
2. Funding proposal
- Support the preparation of concept notes and funding proposals for the country office;
- Oversee the dissemination of key elements of existing and future approved funding proposals to concerned programme units to ensure that they are fully aware of the operational and reporting implications;
- Oversee the maintenance of the funding proposals filing system;
- Prepare responses to ad-hoc requests from donors for information.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS (Part2)
3. Operational and Capacity Support Information Management and Performance Reporting
- Coordinate the preparation of the ACRs in line with the Country Strategic Plan in collaboration with M&E, logistics and resource management function, ensure coherence and quality;
- Collaborate with M&E and provide support in ensuring adequate results-based monitoring and reporting is performed, with an eye to improving the utilisation of data;
- Support the relevant functional units in the organization of the bi-annual Food Security Surveillance (FSS) reports in Cox’s Bazar, upholding timelines and the delivery of the final reports respectively;
- Contribute to identifying Corporate Performance Reporting Improvements;
- Be responsible for the preparation of key corporate reports (e.g. monthly and quarterly briefs, and executive board briefs in coordination with other units);
- In collaboration with the concerned programme units, prepare field visit briefs for high level missions.
4. Other tasks as required
- Search for information, produce respective briefing notes and make recommendations;
- Initiate and support country level knowledge management and knowledge sharing initiatives;
- Assist in the preparation/planning of donor visits and participate in the visits;
- Perform any other tasks as required
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Service Contract; SC8
CONTRACT DURATION : 12 Months (extendable)
DUTY STATION : Dhaka, Bangladesh
Nationality: Bangladeshi Nationals Only
Monthly Net Salary: BDT 188,945.00 net.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Only candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to submit an online application by 30 November 2020.
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
Job date: Thu, 19 Nov 2020 02:52:40 GMT
Apply for the job now!