এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Research Assistant
Job description: Job Context
- Reports To : Senior Research Officer
- Grade : 2
- Based : Dhaka/Cox`s Bazar, Bangladesh
- Start Date : 1st November 2020
- Established in 1998, BBC Media Action works with media and communication to help reduce poverty and support people in claiming their rights. Our aim is to inform, connect and empower people around the world. BBC Media Action reaches some 200 million people through local broadcast partners, BBC channels (especially the BBC World Service), online, mobile and print platforms and through interpersonal communication. We are currently delivering projects in 28 countries, including in Bangladesh. BBC Media Action has been working on communication for development projects in Bangladesh since 2005, giving us a well-developed understanding of Bangladeshi audiences and significant experience of producing and evaluating media content on a range of issues to diverse target audiences.
- The Research & Learning (R&L) Group based in London and in each of our country offices, focuses on four key activities: (1) providing BBC Media Action projects with audience and market insights to guide project strategies; (2) conducting quantitative and qualitative research studies to capture the impact of all Media Action media interventions; (3) building capacity in research skills and methodology and (4) documenting and disseminating the insights and learning from BBC Media Action`s projects internally and to the wider development community.
- Summary of the role:
- To assist in managing its research work, BBC Media Action is seeking a research assistant for its Bangladesh country office. The research assistant will have experience in conducting qualitative research with strong analytical skills. S/he needs to be sound in qualitative methods of collecting and analysing data and reporting. S/he will be highly motivated with the ability to work regularly in field sites across the country.
- This role may involve working with groups of vulnerable children and adults. For the successful candidate, mandatory training will be provided on BBC Media Action`s safeguarding policy and staff code of conduct. A police background check is mandatory part of the recruitment process. BBC Media Action operates a zero-tolerance policy concerning all forms of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people.
- Work with research colleagues to design and draft research instruments. Input into and help draft research designs – including sampling, participant recruitment and logistics. Review research instruments (questionnaires and discussion guides) prepared by agencies and internal clients.
- Assist with briefings for field teams and supervise the pretesting and piloting of research instruments and recruitment of research participants. Monitor and control the quality of fieldwork and data collection.
- Moderate focus groups and conduct in-depth interviews, Participatory Rural Appraisals (PRA)
- Work closely with colleagues to analyse qualitative data and assist in the drafting of reports.
- Present research findings to internal clients and stakeholders.
- Participate in research and learning workshops and also represent BBC Media Action in other knowledge-sharing workshops related to project activities.
- Demonstrable ability to undertake qualitative data analysis and report writing.
- Experience in audience research, especially related to media development, social media, transparency, accountability or community participation.
- Experience of undertaking audience research to inform media and communication activities (desirable).
- Strong fieldwork experience, especially in rural and geographically challenging areas.
- Strong experience in coding, interpreting and analysing qualitative data. The ability to manage qualitative data frameworks is highly desirable.
- Strong experience in using qualitative research methodologies.
- Good time management skills, with a track record of delivering research findings to deadline.
- Demonstrable understanding of cultural diversity and cross-cultural research within Bangladesh
- Previous research experience working with an NGO or media organisation (desirable).
- Previous research experience on gender norms of the ready-made garments industry in Bangladesh or Rohingya crisis will be an added advantage.
- Strong IT skills, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Commitment to equal opportunities and health & safety.
- Basic understanding of safeguarding (including child protection) and willingness to work in accordance with BBC Media Action’s safeguarding policy and processes.
Location: Cox’s Bazar, Chittagong
Job date: Thu, 08 Oct 2020 05:21:42 GMT
Apply for the job now!