খুলনার চাকরির খবর
Job title: Research Assistant (Aquatic Animal Health)
Job description: Job Context
- Eligibility, Location and Duration: This positionwill be based at Khulna Office in Bangladesh. Interviews are expected to be held in April 2021 and only shortlisted candidates will be notified and expected to attend the interview. The successful candidate should be available to commence in May 2021 for an initial eight (8) months fixed term contract, with the possibility of contract renewal depending on performance and funding availability.
- Description: Considering the importance of aquaculture to Bangladesh globally, its potential for further expansion, its history of past disease impacts and evidence of emerging ones (e.g. TiLV, AHPND, Streptococcus agalactiae, S. iniae, MrNV, ongoing larval mortality syndrome in prawn hatcheries, continued impact of WSD), it is recommended that a strong management of aquatic animal diseases be implemented. The purpose of this position is to support the existing work of WorldFish aquatic animal health research team based in Khulna mainly with sampling of biological samples on farms, management of those samples on the database and all laboratory diagnostic analysis for timely reporting of results.
- Assist aquatic animal health research in Bangladesh.
- Within the aquatic animal health research activities:
- Assist in sample collection, processing, preservation and documentation.
- Assist in diseases diagnosis through molecular, bacteriology, and histology diagnostic procedures.
- Provide support in field survey, lab maintenance and diagnostic report preparation.
- Provide support in capacity development in diseases diagnosis for private and public sector.
- Assist in designing and implementing training programs on molecular disease diagnostics to relevant stakeholders.
- Facilitate training sessions on fish health management as necessary.
- Assist national scientist, and other WorldFish and Cefas team members to organize and convene regular virtual meetings with the concerned One Health national CAs, researchers, and experts. The Research Assistant will work closely with Cefas’ OIE Collaborating Centre for emerging aquatic animal diseases and the UK FAO Reference Centre for AMR in the UK to disseminate data on key hazards, diseases and AMR associated with current and future aquatic food production.
- Support national scientist to train staff in data gathering, biological sample collection and processing for contaminants and AMR analyses (via liaison with Cefas staff associated with the OIE Collaborating Centre for Emerging aquatic animal diseases and the UK FAO Reference Centre for AMR in the UK). This leading to the co-creation of an online tool for identifying microbial hazards associated with aquatic food production in Bangladesh, and a central resource for future risk analysis for future risk analysis of specific sub-sectors of the industry.
- Establishment of a pilot hazards and AMR surveillance program: organizing sampling, making field visits, collecting biological samples from farmed fish/shrimp purchased at wet markets, and be involved in the establishment and operation of the laboratory work required for the assessment of hazards and AMR risks to human health at points of consumption.
- Assist other responsibilities as agreed with Management
- Provide support to other bilateral funded health research projects as per management decision
- Master Degree in Aquaculture, Fisheries, microbiology or related subject.
- At least 3 year(s)
- This job is open to Bangladesh Nationals with the following skills and qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in aquaculture project(s).
- Good knowledge and experience in diseases diagnosis and screening.
- Must have proven ability in biological sample collection, sample preservation for diseases diagnostic, good molecular and bacteriology skills in the lab, results interpretations and reporting of those results in scientific report written in English.
- Experience in providing technical training on aquatic animal health management, biosecurity and diseases diagnosis.
- Knowledge in the design of the new experiments and good management of a diseases diagnosis lab is desired.
- Experience with sampling/lab protocols, reagents/chemicals manipulation/preparations and good overall management skills is desired.
- Good in handling essential computer programs such as searching information on the internet, browsing databases, using software like MS office, SPSS etc.
- This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position with approximate annual salary ranging between BDT 624,700 – BDT 662,745 per annum. WorldFish NRS shall receive comprehensive benefits including (but not limited to) insurance coverage for staff and eligible dependents, and pension / provident fund contribution.
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.
Expected salary: 624700 – 662745 per year
Job date: Sat, 10 Apr 2021 02:02:33 GMT
Apply for the job now!