এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Safety Coordinator
Company: Danish Refugee Council
Job description: The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), one of the world’s leading NGOs, with a focus on responding to displacement, have been registered in Bangladesh since 2013. In 2017, in response to the Rohingya influx, DRC launched an integrated program of support to the government in site management, shelter/NFI and protection. In 2018, DRC started implementing aid projects in support of the host communities most affected by the influx of refugees. As a key part of this, DRC opened a main office in Cox’s Bazar, and a support/liaison office in Dhaka.
The Safety Coordinators’ responsibility is to manage Safety in DRC Bangladesh’s Country programme, currently based in Cox’s Bazaar. This requires the CSC to monitor the overall risk situation in DRC operational locations, design and implement effective safety risk management solutions in accordance with the SRC Safety Risk Management System (SRMS) and provide sound and timely advice to senior DRC staff and Senior Management Team to support the safety of all staff along with the safe and efficient delivery of programme activities in the designated areas of programming. This position will be part of SMT.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Safety Risk Management
- Facilitate the implementation of the DRC Safety Risk Management System, including undertaking minimum operating safety standards (MOSS) and safely level system (SLS) audits on a quarterly basis and/or as needed;
- Design and implementation of contingency plans, local safety rules (LSRs), and standard operating procedures (SOPs) related to the safe implementation of program activities;
- Ensure safety improvement plans (SIPs) are drafted and finalized/approved with the Country Director and key stakeholders;
- Supervise the implementation of both physical and asset protection procedures and regulations, advising, assisting and managing the procurement and issue of safety and protective equipment;
- Conduct regular site assessments at DRC programming, office, or accommodation locations (or other ad hoc venues) and advise management on appropriate risk mitigation measures;
- Visit the field on a weekly basis and/or during distributions to conduct spot checks to ensure safety and security procedures are being followed and provide feedback to the Head of Support Services (HoSS) and Head of Programmes (HoP);
- Assist in the management of safety related incidents, provide timely and accurate incident reports and analysis, and support organizational lessons learned;
- Provide training to DRC staff on safety procedures, risk awareness, fire safety etc. Support the provision of other trainings, including Personal Safety Trainings;
- Direct immediate responses to incidents and emergencies and support the incident management team with safety management and liaison;
- Supervision of safety staff at DRC rented facilities, to include access control measures at DRC rented facilities.
- Monitor the evolving situation in the area of DRC programming in coordination with other actors as per regional, country and programme guidelines to provide regular safety reporting to ensure awareness of changing safety risk;
- Facilitate access and operations through reliable safety advice to staff and managers;
- Support NGO Coordination or Safety Management through INGO Coordinator
- Provide operational safety briefings and orientation to all new and visiting staff
Analysis & Assessment
- Maintain current safety risk assessments (SRAs) for all DRC sites in Bangladesh;
- Identify indicators and key decision points, and link them to the SRA and contingency planning;
- Assist in training on safety procedures as required for national and international program staff;
- Prepare and submit threat assessments, other written reports and analytical products as required;
- Provide safety-related advice on programme development and implementation as needed.
- Any other task assigned by CD
- The Safety Coordinator will report to the Country Director, Bangladesh, and, for technical and information matters, to the Regional Safety Coordinator, Asia.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- At least 3 years of experience of working in safety management or support;
- Management and/or supervisory experience
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Stable, moral and robust character and a good team-player
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven commitment to accountability practices.
- Complete fluency in written and spoken English and Bengali
- Experience working in the designated area of operations
- Experience working with NGOs and/or other international agencies
- Training in safety, fire and evacuation procedures
- Minimum bachelor’s degree, (Safety or disaster management is an advantage)
- Master’s degree in relevant subject is preferable.
- English – (Fluent)
- Bengali – (Fluent)
- Chittagonian (Is an advantage)
ALL EMPLOYEES ARE EXPECTED TO DEMONSTRATE DRC FIVE CORE COMPETENCIES
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values
- Type of contract: National Contract
- Employment Band: F
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Duty station: Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh
- Closing Date for Application: 3rd November 2021
What we offer * Excellent Working Environment and opportunity to Growth
- Various learning and development platforms
- Two bonus per year
- Relocation allowance
- Mobile Allowance
- Leave Encashment
- Group life Insurance including family
- Dental and Optical benefit
APPLICATION PROCESS * Applications must be submitted through the mentioned link on the page by clicking on Apply Button.
- All applicants must send a cover letter along with an updated CV (we encourage CV no longer than four pages) in English.
- Mentioning three referees’ details of your present supervisor and HR along with past employment’s supervisor with CV.
Note: Applications sent by email will not be considered. In addition, DRC doesn’t charge any fee for any of its recruitment process & believes in equal opportunity in employment regardless.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website: www.drc.ngo.
It has been brought to the attention of the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) that there have been instances of fraudulent job offers, purporting to be from DRC in Bangladesh. These offers reportedly concern fraudulent employment opportunities to applicants asking for money. DRC would like to stipulate that the organization never charges or accepts any money from job seekers during the recruitment process. DRC recommends that you do not respond to unsolicited offers of employment.
Location: Cox’s Bazar, Chittagong
Job date: Sat, 23 Oct 2021 07:15:14 GMT