ঢাকার চাকরির খবর
Job title: Senior Manager – Communications
Job description: Job Context
- About the Project BAA: The USAID-funded Feed the Future Bangladesh Aquaculture Activity (BAA) is a five-year program running from month year- month year. The project focuses on aquaculture as an avenue toward improved nutrition with strong cross cutting impact dimensions on environment, youth, and gender. The project aims to promote inclusive growth of the aquaculture sector growth by increasing productivity in aquaculture production systems, strengthening aquaculture market system, expanding opportunities for women and youth, and increasing awareness and adoption of improved nutrition behaviors in local communities.
- About the Role: The Senior Manager – Communications reports to the Chief of Party of the BAA Project, and coordinates actions with the wider WorldFish Communications and Marketing team. S/he is responsible for leading, developing, and implementing all project communications in accordance with USAID branding and marketing requirements, as well as in alignment with the wider WorldFish Guidance on project communications, branding, key messages, etc. This includes production of communications materials including writing, editing and design, managing social media channels, coordinating events and engaging with local and international media.
- Eligibility, Location and Duration: This position will be based at Dhaka, Bangladesh. Interviews are expected to be held in April 2021 and only shortlisted candidates will be notified and expected to attend the interview. The successful candidate should be available to commence in May 2021 for an initial twenty (20) months fixed term contract, with the possibility of contract renewal depending on performance and funding availability.
- The Senior Manager – Communications key roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and implement a quarterly/ annual work plan for project communications, asset production, dissemination and monitoring;
- Ensure compliance with USAID’s branding & marking regulations at all times as outlined in the Feed the Future Graphic and Naming Standards Manual (June 2015) and the USAID Graphic Standards Manual, and Partner Co-Branding Guide (March 2016), both internally with project WorldFish staff and with project sub grantees;
- Lead the production of communications support materials for workshops, trainings and events;
- Develop content and design of communications products in accordance with the branding, marking and marketing standards of USAID and WorldFish (brochures, infographics, training manuals, fact sheets, guidelines, reports, research findings, publications, commissioned studies etc.)
- Work closely with the project team to generate content and lead production of engaging and impactful print and digital communications, including photos, audio, visual media clips (e.g. describing key drivers of aquaculture sector growth, community testimonials, project overview etc.)
- Develop a social media toolkits/messages/visuals for communicating around key moments and opportunities (e.g. start & end of project, key findings, relevant endorsements, success stories, milestones, local impact);
- Generate press releases and facilitate domestic and international media inquiries and timely engagement, in close coordination with the WorldFish HQ Communications Team and USAID mission.
- Contribute to the preparation and conduct of events such as workshops, conferences, seminars and exhibitions, as well as briefings and trips to the field or project site by USAID official and/or WorldFish global management team.
- Coordinate production of media products in line with the procurement regulations of WorldFish, including drafting TORs for outsourced communication products and services.
- Work with BAA staff in all units to collect of copy and images for case studies, success stories, social media posts, and other comms products according to a strict schedule
- Maintain good relationships with local and national media.
- Regularly attend the monthly meetings of the WorldFish Communications Network to ensure coordination with HQ and other country offices on global communication campaigns, strategic events and new communication policies.
- Share news and communicate regularly about BANA project activities, results and initiatives through a variety of WordFish and USAID communication channels and platform in close coordination with communication counterparts/focal points at WorldFish HQ and USAID mission,
- Update and maintain the BANA project webpage in the WorldFish website
- Advise local team on central media messaging, media handling and support with media briefings as required
- Ensure monitoring and evaluation and knowledge management of communications work in line with WorldFish institutional requirement.
- Assist and guide country offices on timely responses to reputational management inquiries raised by media and donors, in close consultation with the Communications and Marketing at HQ in Penang.
- Performs other duties as requested by the Chief of Party or his/her designate
- Advanced degree in communications, journalism, public relations or similar.
- 7 to 10 year(s)
- This job is open to Bangladesh Nationals with the following skills and qualifications:
- Minimum 7-10 years of applied working experience in implementing communications and marketing for a complex research for development project, program or institution.
- Demonstrated experience of exceptional writing, editing, and communication skills in English and in Bangla for a variety of formats (i.e. web and digital platform, print publications, press releases, etc.)
- Preferably experience with USAID-funded projects and strong familiarity of the USAID graphic standards manual and partner co-branding guide.
- Background understanding of key topics related to aquaculture, fisheries, market development, nutrition, gender, youth issues in Bangladesh.
- Understanding of and contacts in national media in Bangladesh, good understanding and experienced user of social platforms (such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube), interactive multimedia tools, and media monitoring tools.
- Experience with graphic design software; photo, film and audio editing software; Excellent interpersonal skills and able to work in a team-oriented, multi-cultural environment.
- Fundamental understanding of behavior change communications, marketing, social media, digital engagement, media
- Experience of working and communicating effectively with a range of stakeholders including policymakers and government officials, NGOs, the media, community representatives.
- Extensive experience producing communications products and technically supervising a creative team;
- Proven ability to digest, analyze and present complex information clearly and concisely in a wide variety of formats to non-scientific audiences.
- Key Competencies:
- Must be a self-starter with the confident ability to work independently with minimum supervision, as well as part of a team.
- Capable of writing stories, press releases, articles, and other documents to support or promote the project.
- Keen attention to detail in aesthetics and texts of products.
- Reliable and pro-active with excellent organizational skill.
- Ability to produce audiovisual and multimedia material with strong understanding of the creative production from beginning to end.
- Sound judgement, effective decision-making, and personal accountability.
- Understanding of key sustainable development issues in Bangladesh and/or Southeast Asia.
- Proven project management abilities.
- Ability to handle and priorities multiple assignments with competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility to take on assignments at short notice or to change assignments at short notice.
- Functional skills in PhotoShop and basic video editing.
- Proficiency in Adobe Design Premium suite of products or similar.
- Must uphold and apply WorldFish organizational values of Learning, Excellence and Accountability, Diversity (LEAD).
- Strong skills in event planning and management.
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines and capacity to work long hours when required.
- This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position with approximate annual salary ranging between BDT 2,433,236 – BDT 2,658,862 per annum. WorldFish NRS shall receive comprehensive benefits including (but not limited to) insurance coverage for staff and eligible dependents, and pension / provident fund contribution.
Job date: Sat, 10 Apr 2021 07:54:05 GMT
Apply for the job now!