এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Senior MIS (Management Information System) Officer
Job description: Job Context
Senior MIS Officer will be responsible for ensuring development/customization and operation of an efficient web based information management system. S/he will be assisting in formulation, directing, and participating in the design, development, implementation and maintenance of MIS. S/he will work closely with the Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator to advise senior management on scope of innovations to improve information automation, standards, procedures and development of best fit IT-based solution. S/he will be responsible for integration of different program operations for maintaining automation of information supply chain, overseeing staff development requirements to ensure data integrity and data management. Senior MIS Officer will identify hardware requirements; setup and installation of appropriate software and oversee the information process flows in correct order. S/he will continuously perform back end scripting in SQL to validate data and to prepare any ad hoc reporting for the managers. Staff at this position will need to make frequent field visits as deemed necessary and will need to participate in various audit/monitoring events. S/he should have training and facilitation skills. S/he will be responsible for Data center administration comprising with mid ranged application server, database server, backup server, firewall, antivirus and manage networking, content filtering etc. Also s/he will be responsible to customize GIS based software features into mobile-web application, develop and maintain mobile based data management tools integrated with GIS system, update and manage attribute data, assist spatial analysis, collect GPS coordinates, produce GIS outputs etc.
- The Sr. MIS Officer works closely with NJP M&E/MIS team and also technical components team to designing, planning and execution of MIS database systems wherever information management and automation process is highly required for efficient program operation.
- Play key role to develop, maintain, and update Nobo Jatra’s comprehensive and integrated MIS operation in line with its all program purposes /sub-purposes and requirement of the donor and management staff.
- Assist to design appropriate database that fulfill information and analysis needs, especially as they relate to the determination of the program impact.
- Carefully examine real life operation processes including primary data source, necessary inputs based on output requirements, and their interrelationships.
- Set standards and procedures for data gathering from data sources, report automation and disseminate them accordingly to program staffs.
- Extend MIS database support to establish linkage with MIS and environment and gender monitoring tools to analyze the outputs and/or outcomes of environment and gender activities.
- Carefully examine user requirements and take necessary initiatives to customize the system further for incorporating the requirements and to optimize the use of the system.
- Regularly review MIS processes to ensure technical support through developing new procedure and/or modification of the existing procedures.
- Prepare work plan to implement the systems within the operational area and oversee the overall implementation process through M&E/MIS staffs and relevant program management staffs at Upazilla level.
- Initial work to be done to develop operational and technical documentation, user manuals of operating the system for internal and external users related to MIS and database. Provide on-the-job orientation/support, formal and informal training, coaching, trouble shooting, problem solving and monitoring day to day functionality of NJP MIS system.
- Ensure that the software database system is functioning smoothly and relevant users have access to it as per guideline.
- Ensure operational reports (CSR, RSR, Registration status, CllQ, Outlet, Muster lists etc) are produced uninterruptedly.
- Assist M&E Manager and program management to prepare dataset for sampling and statistical outputting as deemed necessary.
- Extend support to the management to explore the scope of further research by using available micro level data.
- Plan and monitor hosting requirements and configure system accordingly.
- Oversee system administrative access, auditing and logging schedules (applied for network and host security) are maintained properly.
- Plan and oversee input validation, authentication, and authorization preferences.
- Ensure proper monitoring of database security and backup schedules.
- Provide maintenance and technical care of all hardware appliances, on a regular basis and monitor and control required logistics and hardware to support the program deliverables.
- Maintain labeling and activation of operation months (Registration, Inventory, Output Matrix, Service, and distribution etc), user authentication, and group permission grants etc as per requirements.
- Lead to update with administrative inputs into database like output targets, HH profiles, staff, etc.
- Conduct data validation by looking at data sources and at database.
- Develop Stored Procedure, Function etc on an ad hoc basis to expedite consistency
- checking process.
- Troubleshoot MIS input devices like laptops, Smartphone, tablet PCs, PDAs, printers etc as deemed necessary.
- Closely examine events within the software and recommend any improvements for smoothing specific process at field level.
- Provide necessary data updates as per requirements.
- Coordinate with M&E Coordinator, M&E Officers, Technical Managers, Field Office Coordinator and Partner staff in order to implement MIS processes and ensure data consistency, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Coordinate, collaborate and work closely to extend technical support and assistance to relevant Nobo Jatra staff including partners in order to carry-out specific activities, program assessments and evaluations (e.g. Baseline, Mid term, Annual Survey and Final Evaluation) on timely basis.
- Take necessary initiatives to upgrade software patches whenever found necessary.
- Ensure compliance with the inventory control and requirements as set by World Vision.
- Identify and initiate to procure appropriate hardware and software and integrate them accordingly to deploy a user friendly software solution
- Masters in Information Systems Security (MISS)
- Master’s degree in Computer science/MIS/Statistics/Population Science or relevant subjects
- At least 10 year(s)
- Advanced knowledge on designing, development, administration, and security of large scale database systems in SQL Server or Oracle, knowledge on various software IDE especially VB, C#.net, ASP.Net.
- Sound knowledge on database backup and maintenance and basic knowledge on database replication and synchronization setup along with performance monitoring techniques are expected.
- Program performance monitoring skills based on indicators as set at the results framework and expertise in data validation tools and techniques for NGO programs will be an added advantage.
- Training facilitation skills is mandatory.
- Presenting critical/technical phenomenon in a more familiar word, especially for the non-technical audience, is the key for this position.
- Preferred knowledge on environmental software installation (OS, SQL Server, Net Framework etc), maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Data analysis skills using SPSS/ST AT A, Excel is highly required.
- Advanced SQL scripting is must.
- At least I0 years of relevant working experience including 4 years in a managerial position in the area MIS in a large complex project works through partnership approach.
- Experiences on working with mobile devices and windows based mobile applications.
- Problem solving and decision making
- Previous experience in USAID funded Title II programs preferred
Khulna (Khulna Sadar)
- Salary is fixed as per organizational structure and policy.
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Mobile bill, Medical allowance, Weekly 2 holidays
- Festival Bonus: 1
- Benefits are applicable as per organizational structure and policy.
Job date: Sat, 21 Nov 2020 00:45:55 GMT
Apply for the job now!