ঢাকার চাকরির খবর
Job title: Senior Program Officer (Dhaka)
Job description: Job Context
- Digital Frontiers is a $74.4 million buy-in mechanism available to USAID Bureaus and Missions from 2017-2022. DAI implements the Digital Frontiers project, which works closely with USAID`s Global Development Lab (GDL), the Center for Digital Development (CDD), USAID Missions, the private sector, and international and local development organizations to identify successful and sustainable digital development approaches and scale their impact globally.
- As the U.S. Government`s global hunger and food security initiative, Feed the Future (FTF) works to give families and communities in some of the world`s poorest countries the freedom and opportunity to lift themselves out of food insecurity and malnutrition. By equipping people with the knowledge and tools they need to feed themselves, the program is addressing the root causes of poverty and hunger, helping people end their reliance on aid, and creating important opportunities for a new generation of young people-all while building a more stable world. Over the past eight years, over $300 million of US Government investment has been used to implement FTF activities within the program`s Zone of Influence (ZOI) and Zone of Resilience (ZOR) in Bangladesh, which have an estimated population of approximately 30 million people. However, the maximum number of beneficiaries reached over this period has been less than 3 million and the sustainability of these FTF interventions beyond the cessation of USAID funding is yet to be fully proven.
- USAID/Bangladesh, working with Digital Frontiers, therefore seeks to promote the efficient and effective use of digital tools and technologies to build the capacity of value chain actors (e.g. livestock service providers, market vendors, artificial inseminators, and feed dealers/distributors) under a market systems approach. These value chain actors should then be able to use the same tools to sustainably and effectively build the capacity of their clients/customers (smallholder farmers, pregnant/lactating women and vulnerable households) during and beyond the period of activity implementation.
- To enable the interventions of FTF activities to reach more beneficiaries and to better ensure the
- sustainability of these interventions beyond the period of USAID-supported implementation, this Activity will pilot existing digital tools and scale up those that are proven to be effective to build the capacities of value chain actors. The Activity will also motivate these value chain actors to use digital tools to build the capacities of their clients and customers towards improving their agricultural productivity, resilience and household nutrition. Increased agricultural productivity will sustainably increase the competitiveness of value chain actors` agricultural products and services, and enhance domestic, regional and international trade, increasing the country`s foreign exchange potential and making it less vulnerable to malign influence. Finally, this Activity will also sustainably increase the number of clients and customers reached by FTF activities as these value chain actors will continue building the capacity of new and existing clients and customers during and beyond the period of USAID-supported implementation.
- This is anticipated to run through June 2022 with the possibility of extension.
- Digital Frontiers seeks a Senior Program Officer for the USAID-funded Feed the Future Bangladesh Activity. The Senior Program Officer is responsible for providing technical program management support. S/he ensures compliance with agreement requirements, DAI procedures, and USAID regulations. The Senior Program Officer will be responsible for leading the overall program implementation including guidance and oversight of the administration and day-to-day coordination and monitoring of program development, resource mobilization and reporting. S/he reports to the Bangladesh Acting Country Lead.
- Work from home, Work at office
- Bachelor degree in any discipline
- Skills Required: Agriculture, Data Collection, Digital Tools, Donor funded program, Field Operation, Management, Project Management
- At least 8 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
Agriculture, Digital Tools, Program Management, USAID
- Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Technical Program Management
- Ensure quality technical program management of assigned portfolio of activities and partnerships for digital agricultural tools in Bangladesh
- Oversee and ensure quality assurance for the operational implementation of activities within the assigned region(s).
- Identify project management problems and propose creative solutions.
- Ensure compliance to requirements, especially as they pertain to USAID rules and regulations, DAI policies, and local laws.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Maintain and lead partnership relationships with digital tool partners and other USAID implementing partners.
- Oversee relationships with field level vendors, grantees, subcontractors, FTF partners, to ensure the successful development, delivery, and closeout of activities.
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning:
- Oversee field M&E data collection and analysis for reporting semi-annual results to USAID and other partners.
- Lead data quality audits for program activities, including verification of activity close out documentation.
- Support MERL lead on other global learning initiatives, as necessary.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly progress report to share with internal management and for USAID reporting as necessary.
- Capture lessons and learning from field level activities and share with the team regularly.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience and a bachelor’s degree; or 6 year of relevant and a master’s degree. Experience providing technical, administrative and/or management support to USAID-funded contracts.
- Knowledge of USAID activity implementation, including regulations, policies and procedures preferred
- Background in digital tools and/or agricultural value chains in Bangladesh preferred
- Excellent presentation, speaking and writing skills
- Fluency in Bangla and English is required
- Ability to travel, as needed
- This position reports to the Bangladesh Acting Country Lead.
- Work Location:
- Dhaka (must be based in Dhaka full-time)
Anywhere in Bangladesh
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Medical allowance, Weekly 2 holidays, Insurance
Job date: Fri, 09 Apr 2021 03:58:32 GMT
Apply for the job now!