এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Senior Programme Associate (NGO Partnerships) SC7, Cox’s Bazar
Company: World Food Programme
Job description: .
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP has been supporting 1.4 million people in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh: 862,000 Rohingya refugees and host community Bangladeshi under the L3 emergency operation. The 2020 Joint Response Plan seeks to strengthen protection and solutions for Rohingya refugee women, men, boys and girls; deliver quality, life-saving assistance to people in need; foster the well-being of communities in Ukhiya and Teknaf Upazilas; Multi-sector assistance including food, water and sanitation, shelter, and access to healthcare and education will continue and be improved in 2020 for Rohingya refugees.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Coaches team in the most effective ways to communicate WFP’s Strategic Objectives to WFP team and partners in the field.
- Be a force for positive change: Implements new methods or tools to improve team’s work processes and productivity.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Maps team’s activities and tasks to specific successes in beneficiary communities to showcase positive impact.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Explains to teammates how each unit contributes to the overall WFP mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Identifies skill development opportunities such as training modules or on-the-job experiences for self, colleagues and direct reports.
- Create an inclusive culture: Facilitates team building activities to build rapport in own unit.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Facilitates the pairing of junior colleagues with coaches within own team.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Proactively anticipates potential challenges and develops mitigation plans to ensure that team meets goals and targets.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Identifies opportunities to be creative in own work and to help team be more innovative and accurate in their respective tasks and areas of work.
- Focus on getting results: Monitors team’s deliverables and provides feedback to ensure outcomes are delivered consistently and accurately.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Provides accurate guidance to team on expected responsibilities and tasks, whilst also upholding own commitment to the team.
- Be Decisive: Sets an example and provides guidance to junior team members on when to escalate issues when faced with challenging issues in the workplace or in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Facilitates partnerships with other WFP units to accomplish missions in the field.
- Build strong external partnerships: Sets an example and provides guidance to team on how to build relationships with external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Articulates to colleagues or direct reports the value of contributing to other WFP teams and agency partnerships in fulfilling WFP’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Organizes, monitors, and prioritizes own and team’s efforts to ensure that they will fulfil the needs of internal and external partners.
The Field Level Agreement (FLA) is the contract which all Cooperating Partners must sign to engage in project implementation with WFP. The FLA promotes global consistency in the partnership cycle and provides both WFP and its Cooperating Partner confidence that their interests are protected. The FLA covers the complete range of activities of collaboration between WFP and Cooperating Partners. At this level, job holders are encouraged to demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to various queries with only general mentorship.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education : University Degree in Social Sciences, Communication, Law, Public Administration, Governance & Public Policy, International Relations, or development studies or any other relevant Field .
Experience : At least Six (6) years of work experience, Four (4) of which should be in partnerships management, agreement formulation or equivalent roles.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficiency in MS Office packages, especially word processing and spreadsheet.
- Specialized knowledge of the application of common business processes, practical business support methods, procedures and systems used, gained through technical training and work experience.
- Good interpersonal skills in order to provide specialized business support services to a wide range of individuals within organisation and externally.
- Ability to analyse and interpret financial data and monitor budgets .
- Ability to establish relationships with a variety of individuals across functions.
- Experience in coordinating the work of others and self, training, and supporting others.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Language: Proficiency in both oral and written communication in English and Bengali languages
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Officer (NGO Partnership) and the overall supervision of the Head of Programme, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Conduct capacity assessment and due diligence on minimum requirements for potential partners including vetting against the UN sanction list.
- Review Projects Review Committee (PRC) notes for the record (NFRs) and ensure the packages are complete to take to Cooperating Partners Committee.
- Support budget analysis and agreements (FLAs) compliance for partners, and advise on any observed discrepancies.
- Organise periodic spot-checks on partner’s utilization of WFP funds in collaboration with Finance Unit.
- Keep track of recommendations raised from partnership performance reviews and ensure respective parties are informed on their follow-up actions.
- Ensure the compliance of the agreements (FLAs) lifecycle including supporting CP training, assessments, and evaluations.
- Support the roll-out of the new UN partners Portal system in Cox Bazar and provide support to WFP and partners staff to successfully use the portal.
- Support tracking of agreements (FLAs)/letter of understanding (LoUs) start-end dates, closure processes and audits.
- Organize capacity building activities such as workshops and training on partnerships aimed at enhancing their performance and strengthen the relationship with WFP.
- Act as an alternate for system-related tasks (SAP/COMET/ITS) and programme policy level engagement.
- Ensure new agreements and partners are registered and maintained in corporate systems including the vendor master and WFP Information Network and Global System (WINGS).
- Oversee and/or review the work of other support staff, providing practical advice and guidance, to contribute to delivering objectives to agreed standards and deadlines.
Capability Name Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
Programme Lifecycle & Food Assistance Demonstrates ability to identify key variables and contextual factors that affect food assistance problems and programmes throughout the lifecycle to inform quality programme design or re-design.
Transfer Modalities (Food, Cash, Vouchers) Demonstrates ability to analyse and consolidate quantitative and qualitative information from different sources (e.g., market studies) to inform transfer modality selection and programme development.
Broad Knowledge of Specialized Areas Demonstrates the ability to interpret basic data in the context of WFP specialised fields to contribute to technical programme design, implementation and monitoring.
Emergency Programming Displays capacity to provide inputs into the development, implementation and realignment of high quality emergency programmes.
Strategic Policy Engagement w/Government Understands and applies basic principles of engagement with government counterparts at the national or local level.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Contract Duration : 12 months
Type of Contract : Service Contract (SC7)
Duty Station : Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh
Nationality : Bangladeshi only
Monthly Salary : BDT. 130,824
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
10 January 2021
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
Location: Cox’s Bazar, Chittagong
Job date: Wed, 30 Dec 2020 05:30:08 GMT
Apply for the job now!