এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Shelter Officer (MTS)
Company: Danish Refugee Council
Job description: The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), one of the world’s leading NGOs, with a focus on responding to displacement, have been registered in Bangladesh since 2013. In 2017, in response to the Rohingya influx, DRC launched an integrated program of support to the government in site management, shelter/NFI and protection. In 2018, DRC started implementing aid projects in support of the host communities most affected by the influx of refugees. As a key part of this, DRC opened a main office in Cox’s Bazar, and a support/liaison office in Dhaka.
The officer, with the support of the team leader and manager, will lead in all matters concerning direct beneficiary engagement, stakeholder management, and construction engineering elements of the shelter program. More specifically, he/she is responsible for conducting field surveys, geographical analysis, layout, design, implementation, labor management and monitoring engineering projects. Under the supervision and guidance of the Shelter Team Leader, the officer will continuously engage with targeted communities and oversee all ongoing works. The officer is responsible for capacity building technical field teams and ensuring that construction meets quality standards and is completed in a timely and safe manner. This position involves close cooperation with the Shelter Team Leader, beneficiaries, and camp management actors.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct rapid needs analyses, baseline surveys and feasibility surveys.
- Prioritize needs, calculate material quantities and costs, design layouts, etc.
- Understand and adhere to workplans, delivery plans, and labor management SOPs.
- Follow community-led approach working with beneficiaries and encouraging them to take ownership of constructed works.
- Follow construction safety guidelines, legal requirements, and shelter quality construction benchmarks set by the Shelter/NFI Sector.
- Update tracking tools on a daily basis to monitor construction progress.
- Plan, implement and manage construction tasks in accordance with Shelter team priorities and goals.
- Hire and manage daily workers/volunteers based on agreed criteria, manage the casual labourer database, and ensure weekly payments to casual labourers in line with DRC Finance policies and procedures.
- Support assessments of existing community shelters and supervise construction.
- Prepare technical reports upon completion of technical assessments in the field.
- Support the Shelter Team Leader in developing accurate and timely reports.
- Resolve any problems in the field in consultation with the Team Leader.
- Develop and lead technical trainings for project beneficiaries and relevant staff.
- Ensure that the DRC Code of Conduct is understood, signed, and followed by project staff and all volunteer labour. Report infractions in timely manner following the DRC Code of Conduct Reporting Mechanism.
- Coordinate closely with other sectors (Protection, SMS, etc.) and provide them with technical support if needed.
- Any other duties as agreed with the line manager.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Skilled in AutoCAD, Sketch-Up/any other 3D modelling software.
- At least 2 years of proven professional experience in construction and engineering.
- 1 year of experience working with an NGO in an emergency response setting is an advantage.
- 1 year of experience conducting monitoring, evaluation and reporting of distributions and/or NFI and/or shelter and/or WASH programming is an advantage.
- Strong knowledge of construction operations and worksite management.
- Excellent time management and problem-solving skills.
- Able to take initiative and work independently while being a team player.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, experience working directly with beneficiaries is an advantage.
- Willing to live and work in a challenging environment with limited resources.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Excel.
- Must be willing to work on Fridays and holidays if requested.
- Bachelor’s in Civil Engineering or Diploma in Civil Engineering with adequate experience.
LANGUAGES (indicate fluency level)
- English (required – proficient in speaking, reading, and writing).
- Chittagonian (able to understand and communicate basics).
ALL EMPLOYEES ARE EXPECTED TO DEMONSTRATE DRC FIVE CORE COMPETENCIES
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values
- Type of contract: National
- Employment Band: H
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Duty station: Cox’s Bazar
- Closing Date for Application: 25th May 2021
What we offer * Excellent Working Environment and opportunity to Growth
- Various learning and development platforms
- Two bonus per year
- Relocation allowance
- Mobile Allowance
- Leave Encashment
- Group life Insurance including Family
- Dental and Optical benefits
APPLICATION PROCESS * Applications must be submitted through the mentioned link on the page by clicking on Apply Button.
- All applicants must send a cover letter along with an updated CV (we encourage CV no longer than four pages) in English.
- Mentioning three referees’ details of your present supervisor and HR along with past employment’s supervisor with CV.
Note: Applications sent by email will not be considered. In addition, DRC doesn’t charge any fee for any of its recruitment process & believes in equal opportunity in employment regardless.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website: www.drc.ngo.
It has been brought to the attention of the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) that there have been instances of fraudulent job offers, purporting to be from DRC in Bangladesh. These offers reportedly concern fraudulent employment opportunities to applicants asking for money. DRC would like to stipulate that the organization never charges or accepts any money from job seekers during the recruitment process. DRC recommends that you do not respond to unsolicited offers of employment.
Location: Cox’s Bazar, Chittagong
Job date: Fri, 21 May 2021 05:10:00 GMT