এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Specialist – Internal Medicine
Job description: Job Context
- For Reputed NGO (IOM)
- Due to the urgent requirement to fill in the position, we will review applications on a rolling basis within the mentioned period. If you consider yourself suitable, please apply at your earliest
- Under the direct supervision of the National Programme Officer (NPO) and overall guidance of Emergency Health Coordinator in Cox`s Bazar, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for providing specialized medical care services to the beneficiaries/patients particularly; establishing referral care system and supporting complicated medical cases at Upazila Health Complex (UHC). S/he will also have functional relation and accountability to the in-charge of the Upazila Health Complex (UHC) of respective upazila (Ukhiya and Teknaf).
- Willing to work anywhere in Cox`s bazar (Teknaf & Ukhiya)
- 1.The incumbent will work as a team member with clinical and administrative staff and specialist doctors in managing referred/complicated cases requires higher level of consultation/management. As such s/he will –
- a.Examine patients and make diagnoses to determine the specific needs of treatment/management and/or any intervention
- b.Review patient medical history and plan the best procedure for treatment.
- c.Participate in the medical board for any complicated cases inclusive of surgical, obstetric or other cases
- 2.Treat internal disorders of all varieties of complicated/referred cases inclusive of patients under communicable diseases (complicated/referred TB cases, drug resistant cases, diagnosed HIV/AIDS cases, etc.), patients under non-communicable diseases (such as hypertension, diabetes, COPD, renal cases, CVD, Heart diseases etc., chronic and geriatric complications etc.)
- 3.Interpret results of investigation of specialized, complicated and referred cases and explain them to patients and attendants and referring doctors/consultants when required
- 4.Participate in hospital infection prevention initiatives, rational drug use, quality improvement initiatives at OPD and IPD services, services at HIV/AIDS centre with UH&FPO, RMO and other professional and administrative colleagues
- 5.Participate and guide in outbreak investigation, campaigns for prevention of epidemic prone diseases
- 6.Participate in guiding health screening and promotive activities and mentor medical doctors and field professional staff
- 7.Support public health programmes such as management of childhood illnesses, Nutrition, NCD screening, Public health initiatives of the Health Complex
- 8.Maintain the highest regard for patient dignity and observe the precepts of the Medical Ethics on Rights for patients.
- 9.Performs USGs and X-ray interpretation for referred cases including surgical cases, pregnant women with complications and other obs-gyne cases and advise accordingly
- 10.Provides on-the-job training to other health staff and junior doctors on; improved management practices and other quality best practices with the aim of improving patients’ treatment outcomes
- 11.Supervises and mentors nurses, medical students and other mid-level healthcare professionals;
- 12.Support health information management systems both for the MOHFW as well as IOM project; this should include but not limited to documentation and reporting through DHIS2, EWARS, maternal and new-borne morbidity and mortality information etc.
- 13.Always being available to attend and consult medical emergencies by being the first on-call if required.
- 14.Participates actively in existing health sector coordination mechanisms and liaises with health sector stakeholders to contribute to
- i.addressing the unmet needs in managing medicinal cases, outbreaks etc.
- ii.optimizing the allocation of available resources,
- iii.developing clinical protocols, guidelines and standards;
- 15.Assists to prepare periodic reports and other requests for information as required
- 16.Support the schedules and maintenance of medical equipment at OPD and IPD
- 17.Liaises and coordinates with local Government and health authorities and other stakeholders with a view to strengthening of health care delivery systems
- 18.Assists the UHFPO, Health Coordinator and National Programme Officer in project monitoring and identifying priority health needs and other activities including but not limited to regular disease outbreak monitoring and reporting to the health authorities and take part in health awareness campaign, etc.
- 19.Facilitate referrals and assisted transportation of critical cases to functioning secondary health facilities or hospitals when required in accordance with organization mandate and procedures directly or through health partners;
- 20.Inform the secondary referral center about the referred case with significant medical condition to ensure proper and timely patient handling at the referral center upon arrival.
- 21.Undertake regular duty travel and assist the National Programme Officer in planning and completion of field activities competently in order to ensure a well-organized and quality health care delivery service with special attention to the vulnerable populations.
- 22.Performs such other relevant duties assign by the line manager and supervisor.
- Disclaimer: This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive and doesn’t describe all functions required of this job. Other duties may be assigned by the Program Coordinator, DCoM appropriately based on needs and capacity.
- Completed university degree in Medical science (MBBS) with post-graduate qualification (FCPS, MD, Diploma) and/or at least one-year post-graduation training (PGT) on Internal medicine or its relevant branches from an accredited academic institution.
- Good in written communication in English and Bangla
- Computer skills in MS Word, Excel and Power Point
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- At least 3 year(s)
- At least three years of experience in relevant areas of specialization, i.e.: at secondary to tertiary level health facilities
- Knowledge and experience with working in the field of public health will be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication, analytical and interpersonal skills;
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills; courtesy, tact and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of diverse cultural and national backgrounds;
- Well-developed skills in personal organization, priority setting, problem solving and writing; Strong client orientation and service approach with personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, and drive for results;
- High degree of judgment and initiative; ability to work with a high degree of independence within assigned areas.
- Working experience in Cox’s Bazar district and/or knowledge of the Forcedly Displaced Myanmar Nationals (FDMNs) will be a plus.
- Accountability, Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity and Initiative, Leadership and Negotiation, Performance Management, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Teamwork, Technological Awareness, Resource Mobilization.
- BDT 2,87,093.00
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Insurance Coverage
Location: Cox’s Bazar, Chittagong
Job date: Sat, 24 Oct 2020 06:13:01 GMT
Apply for the job now!