এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Sr. Finance & Accounts officer
Job description: Job Context
- Caritas Bangladesh (CB) is a national and non-profit development organization operating in Bangladesh since 1967. It has its Central Office in Dhaka and eight Regional Offices in Barishal, Chattogram, Dhaka, Dinajpur, Khulna, Mymensingh, Rajshahi and Sylhet. CB is implementing 88 on-going projects covering 185 upazila focusing on six main priorities i.e i) Social Welfare for Vulnerable Communities (SWVC), ii) Education and Child Development, iii) Nutrition and Health Education, iv) Disaster Management, v) Ecological Conservation and Food Security (ECFS), and vi) Development of Indigenous Peoples.
- Caritas Bangladesh (CB) Chattogram Region is inviting applications from eligible candidates (men/women) for immediate appointment as well as to prepare a panel list of qualified and deserving candidates for future recruitment where required for USAID/OFDA supported SOKKHOMOTA-II Collaborate, Prepare and Resilient to Natural and Human Induced Disaster Project in Bandarban District under Caritas Chattogram Region. This is a 24 months Project which aim is to help the communities in Bandarban district become less vulnerable to the loss and damage of natural and human induced hazards/shocks.
- The details of the positions including job responsibilities, educational qualification and other qualities/competency required for the above positions are given below for your information:
- Sr. Finance and Accounts officer rresponsible for financial monitoring and reporting in compliances with the project agreement to the donor USAID and Catholic Relief Services (CRS). Also responsible for preparing monthly, quarterly and yearly cash flow forecast and providing necessary support to respective Regional Office in maintaining and keeping of accounts and financial management with regard to CRS Supported Project.
- Provide direction and coordination of effective budget development and management (Annual Program Plans and project budgets), ensuring accuracy and consistency of financial data and safeguarding of resources.
- Manage finance, budget, reporting and financial matters of SOKKHOMOTA Project;
- Verify requests for payments/advances/replenishments and ensure correctness, completeness, and validity of vouchers and other supporting documents before processing;
- Monitor the status of all receivable/payable/prepaid accounts. Undertakes necessary follow up for the purpose of liquidation/settlement of receivable and payables;
- Cooperate with internal and external auditors in providing documents, schedules and explanations.
- Ensure that payments cheques are ready for disbursements within reasonable time to facilitate the implementation of the program;
- Analyze and reconcile account balances regularly and prepare corrections through adjusting journal entries;
- Provide financial data for project financial reporting and inputs for budget preparation and planning for SOKKHOMOTA project and NGO Affairs Bureau/Govt;
- Generate financial reports in timely manner for various financial reports required by CRS.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation and monthly accounts of the project.
- Prepare final accounts of SOKKHOMOTA Project and preserve Final Accounts in CD after completion of Internal and External Audit.
- Prepare draft sanction Budget and do budget control. Also see that the sanctioned budget is utilized properly.
- Provide information to the Director, Finance and Administration for requisition of fund to the Donors.
- Maintain Accounts for SOKKHOMOTA project staff Income Tax, TDS and VDS.
- Maintain Fixed Asset Register and Stock register of CRS Supported project.
- Lead the preparation of accurate financial data, analysis and projections and support the Senior Management Team and Program Manager in interpreting data for decision-making and effectively managing financial risks.
- Oversee maintenance of supporting documentation for a reliable and easy to follow audit trail.
- Responsible for maintenance of finance records and accurate monthly financial reports;
- Ascertain project and contract agreements are in file and an amended/up to date copy is available in Finance files;
- Enter transaction records of DV, RV and JV Tally uploading and ensure that the data is complete and accurate.
- Ensure integrity of accounting information by reviewing account issues for compliance and establishing quality control over accounting transactions and financial reporting.
- Ensure compliance with CB financial policies and procedures and rules and regulations of Donors;
- Lead assessment of staff and subrecipients’ financial management capacity, ensure capacity strengthening on finance policies and regulations, as needed, and monitor and measure impact.
- Lead efforts to close audit financial management findings in a timely and sustainable way.
- Make sure compliance with procurement procedures for all payments of purchase of goods and services and ensure that the vetting check for new supplier is attached to those vouchers;
- Lead sub-recipient financial management assessment and monitoring activities when such relationships are in place;
- Maintain current knowledge of local government requirements related to financial matters and ensures compliance with tax and social insurance regulations and other legal requirements;
- Ensure that project and contractual payments are made within the grant period and per approved budget line items;
- Verify the liquidation of prior advances before releasing subsequent payments.
- Responsible for financial monitoring and reporting in consonance with the project agreement.
- Recommend internal control and accounting systems that improve compliance with polices and regulations of CRS and donors;
- Monitor all financial activities and inform Director (F&A)/Finance Manager of all situations which have the potential for a negative impact on internal controls or financial performance;
- Visit CRS /SHOKKHOMOTA Project Site under respective Regional/ Area Office for meeting, liaison, co-ordination and other purposes as and when needed.
- This Job Description is subject to change time to time based on the need and scope of projects as well as of the Organization.
- Assist supervisor and manager for any related task, as assigned
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities as and when needed as assigned by the Manager (Accounts), Director, Finance and Administration and the Executive Office for effective Office for the effective implementation of CRS Supported project and for the interest of the organization
- M.Com/ B.Com in Accounting and Finance. Educational qualification & age may be relaxed for highly experienced, skilled & competent candidates.
- At least 3 year(s)
- At least three years of work experience in accounting/ Financial management preferably working for NGO or within international development organization or corporate sector.
- Age: Maximum 45 years (as on 31.10.2020)
- Experience of working in USAID-funded programmes & Knowledge of the relevant public donors’ regulations highly preferred.
- Substantial budgeting, budget/expense analysis, and accounting experience.
- Knowledge of financial reporting software is highly preferred
- Knowledge of local law in taxation and local regulatory reporting procedures.
- Strong experience in presenting and facilitating on financial management topics.
- Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications.
- Knowledge on program aspect and USAID financial policy and regulations.
- Knowledge on procurement and budgeting.
- Knowledge and experience of working with Local Government Institutions.
- Ability to travel extensively to working locations and willing to stay at field.
- Should have “can do’ attitude and able to handle multiple tasks managing priorities.
- Committed to work following organizational aims, values, principal and policies.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Should be self-driven and positive to work in a team
- Have good knowledge on Safeguarding related policies, GBV, Child Protection policy and other relevant policy.
- Monthly Consolidated Salary: Taka 80,000/-
Compensation & Other Benefits
- As per organization policy
Location: Bandarban, Chittagong
Job date: Mon, 09 Nov 2020 04:18:46 GMT
Apply for the job now!