এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Supply Chain Officer
Job description: Job Context
- HI has been working in Bangladesh since 1997, with a focus on creating sustainable changes in terms of ensuring the rights and inclusion of people with disabilities in society. HI is an independent and impartial aid organization working in situations of poverty, exclusion, conflict, and disaster throughout Bangladesh. With projects in different districts of the country, HI works not only with people with disabilities and other vulnerable populations, but also with their families, their communities, and local humanitarian actors in order to respond to their essential needs, improve their living conditions, promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights, and provide sustainability in its action. As one of the key organizations in the disability sector, HI has a wide range of projects which assist to promote the inclusion of persons with disabilities and their issues in emergency and development contexts, build capacities of local stakeholders, and reduce the impact of natural and human-made disasters. Particularly in Cox`s Bazar district, HI is providing services in rehabilitation, MH/PSS, SRH, protection and inclusive education with an inclusion mainstreaming approach to refugees and host population affected by the forcibly displaced undocumented Myanmar nationals. HI`s multi-sectoral mobile units (MU) and static approach are currently working in 15 camps located in both Teknaf and Ukhiya Upazilas and surrounding host areas providing comprehensive services in physical rehabilitation, primary health care, protection, and MH/PSS.
- HI is currently implementing development and humanitarian response project in Kurigram, Sitakindu, and Cox`s Bazar district through 4 project offices (Kurigram, Sitakundu, Ukhiya, and Teknaf) and 2 coordination offices( Dhaka and Cox Bazar).
- Operational Thematic: Livelihood, Health and Rehabilitation, Protection, Inclusion, Education and Atlas Logistic
- Number of staffs: Around 292 National staff and 08 international staff
- HI is currently looking for a Supply Chain Officer for its Logistics Department. To manage the supply of goods and services to ensure the smooth running of the programmes in compliance with Handicap International`s internal regulations for Cox`s Bazar District. The Supply Chain Officer pro-actively supports the program activities by organizing adequate acquisition of goods and services. Her/his responsibilities include the intake and follow-up of purchase requisitions, tender/quotation procedures, order processing, collecting quotations and other purchasing activities, invoicing, and delivery of goods to requestors. S/he is also the primary responsible for sourcing, specification, and standardization. S/he takes care of clear communications about delivery lead times and replies to any other inquiries of requestors. The Supply Chain Officer is expected to manage a high degree of complex emergency logistic-related problems and challenges that are typical for Supply Chain processing and supplier management. The job holder will have to demonstrate the ability to solve problems quickly, thinking wisely while interacting with both external and internal parties in a high-stress and dynamic environment. The Supply Chain Officer directly supports the Logistics Manager and Supply Manager in Cox`s Bazar and operates within the Logistics Supply Chain guidelines and procedures.
- Job Location: Ukhiya
- Line Manager: Area Supply Chain Manager
- Type of Contract: Fixed-term
- Duration of the Contract: As early as possible to 31 August 2022 with the possibility of extension of the contract.
- For all duties, Supply Chain Officer maintains strict compliance with safety, confidentiality, and do no harm principles.
- Objective 1: Supply Chain and Supply Management
- Ensure that all Supply Chain is done following the HI Supply Chain procedure and the donor policy;
- Supply Chain processing and follow up of the approved PSR (purchase and service request) for program activities;
- Responsible for sourcing of products, timely collection of quotations as per the approval for goods and services, and performing purchase transactions;
- Performance of transparent transactions, purchasing and delivery of goods and services within prior agreed lead times and ensures that all purchases are properly documented;
- Establish Framework Agreement Contracts (FWA) to facilitate and expedite Supply Chain processes
- Collects Supplier Quotations (SQ) as per the Supply Chain Guideline Thresholds then forwards them to the supervisor; reports any difficulties (sourcing, stock-outs, unavailability) immediately to the supervisor and consults the applicant when needed;
- Prepares Summary Bid Analysis (SBA) for purchases through quotes;
- Prepares Supplier Purchase Order (SPOs) and service contracts when needed;
- Arranges transportation of procured items from suppliers to the office/warehouse, as necessary;
- Ensures that purchased items and services meet the stated quality and quantity requirements and ensures de- livery to the identified location;
- Receives/collects invoices, arranges cash/cheques with the Finance Department, and makes payments when required;
- Makes sure that the requesting person has received the items, against the signature of the internal delivery note.
- Settles all payments and/or cash advances daily.
- Objective 2: Identify and Negotiate with Suppliers
- Interact with the suppliers regularly
- Develop a network of reliable suppliers (continually look for new and better suppliers)
- Ensure a continuous market assessment to increase the number of sources
- Keep informed of the evolution of the market and the offers of the suppliers
- Track the status of any orders
- Objective 3: Documentation and Archive
- Ensures the full validation of the purchase forms by the appropriate persons at the field, mission, and Head Quarter (HQ) level;
- Ensures accurate and complete hardcopy files and electronic filing (SCAN) archives of Supply Chain packages with ALL supporting documentation.
- Ensure the data security (Backup of computer data has been taken followed by routine)
- Objective 4: Market Assessment and Identification of Preferred Suppliers
- Conducting market assessments upon the direction provided by the Log Coordinator or Supply Manager; collection of information about suppliers and market conditions and reporting supplier details, product lists, and price lists to the Log Manager or Supply Manager.
- Prepare a supplier/catalog database and maintain it up to date.
- Conduct market surveys regularly.
- Supervise the updating of the mission’s price catalog.
- Objective 5: Reporting
- Ensures daily updating of PSR MC (purchase and service request monitoring chart);
- Ensures weekly distribution of the PSR MC to Logistics, Finance, and Program managers;
- Maintains an up-to-date Suppliers List and submits the list regularly for revision and endorsement to the Log Manager, Supply Manager, and Logistics Coordinator.
- Objective 6: Ethics and Professional Practice
- Show professional ethics, respect, and promote Handicap International mandate;
- Respect the Handicap International protection of children policy and protection of beneficiaries from sexual exploitation and abuse policy and report to your line manager any non-respect of HI’s policies amongst the teams or partners;
- Respect the Handicap International policy and mechanisms for the prevention of, and fight against, FRAUD and bribery and report to your line manager any non-respect of HI’s policies amongst the teams or partners.
- Work at office
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree, preferable Master’s Degree in any relevant discipline.
- At least 3 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
Supply Chain Management and Procurement * The applicants should have experience in the following business area(s):
Development Agency, NGO
- Age at least 25 years
- At least 3 years experience in humanitarian and development INGOs, with at least 1 year experience in the Supply Chain activities.
- Strong negotiating skills
- Stress management techniques;
- Excellent communications skills both in Bangla and English
- Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility
- Autonomous but also a good team player
- Advanced computer literacy is an essential requirement
- Person with disability are encouraged to apply
Cox’s Bazar (Ukhia)
- Tk. 55654 – 58993 (Monthly)
- Hardship Allowance will be added in addition to working in Cox`s Bazar District.
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Mobile bill, Tour allowance, Medical allowance, Provident fund, Weekly 2 holidays, Insurance, Gratuity
- Festival Bonus: 2
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.
Expected salary: 55654 – 58993 per month
Location: Ukhia, Chittagong
Job date: Thu, 07 Oct 2021 04:44:02 GMT