এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Technical Advisor I, Shelter/NFI Sector, Bangladesh
Job description: Job Title: Technical Advisor I, Technical Coordinator for Shelter/NFI Sector
Reports to: Emergency Coordinator, Bangladesh
Salary Grade: 9
This secondment is contingent upon donor funding and approval.
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
Globally, in 2019, figures indicate that 68.5 million people are forcibly displaced from their homes, a number that has been steadily increasing. CRS and Partners, have successfully being “recognized by the communities we serve as agencies capable of, and committed to, implementing high quality, scalable Shelter and Settlement programs, striving towards holistic and innovative programming.” Having established ourselves as leaders in this field, we are further embarking on a strategy that takes us to 2030, aligning with the United Nations (UN) Sustainable Development Goals using an innovative and holistic approach to Shelter and Settlement assistance. The 2030 strategy recognizes that the Home is an entry point and takes human-centered approach under the vision of safe and dignified homes and communities understanding that post-disaster response requires many facets of the “Integral Human Development framework” to be considered and supported.
If funded by the International Organization for Migration (IOM), this would be a temporary six-month secondment from CRS to IOM, reporting to and supporting IOM’s Shelter/Non-Food Items (NFI) Sector Coordinator.
You will provide technical advice and support to a range of program design and implementation issues in the area of “Shelter and Settlements in line with Catholic Relief Services (CRS) program quality principles and standards, donor (IOM) guidelines, and industry best practices to Country Program (CP) teams to advance the delivery of high-quality programming to the poor and vulnerable. Your advice, knowledge, and support will contribute to determining how effective, adaptive and innovative CRS’ Shelter and Settlements programming is within Bangladesh.
The Technical Advisor will support the IOM Shelter Sector Coordinator to ensure that the Sector fulfils its core functions as defined by Inter Sector Coordination Group (SCG):
- providing oversight and technical input to the phase 3 response.
- monitoring of technical interventions in the field,
- assisting with design of further development of phase 3 of the shelter response.
- Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information and budget management systems, knowledge-sharing networks.
- Knowledge of computer-aided drafting (CAD) and graphic design (Adobe Suite) software.
- Master’s Degree in construction-based engineering, architecture, civil engineering, or construction project management required.
- Minimum of three years relevant work experience with progressive responsibilities, ideally with an international NGO, with minimum of two years relevant field-based experience in Emergencies and/or Shelter and Settlement programming.
- Knowledge of technical principles and concepts in Shelter and Settlements. General knowledge of other related disciplines to ensure proper cross-sectoral approach.
- Experience in project design and proposal development. Experience in writing content for proposals.
- Knowledge of capacity strengthening best practices.
- Experience with program monitoring and evaluation and analysis.
- Experience and skills in networking and relations with donors, peer organizations, and faith-based and civil society partners. Understanding of partnership principles.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
Location: Cox’s Bazar, Chittagong
Job date: Fri, 11 Dec 2020 23:26:20 GMT
Apply for the job now!